PDA

View Full Version : Cover of Champs Elysee

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Okay, I would like to ask anybody that speaks French for their opinion of NOFX's cover of the song Champs Elisee(sp?) originally by Joe Dassin(sp?)
Their French accent sounds rediculous to me...

haha, when does french accent not sound rediculous though?
haha... I'm rather stoned so the whatever I just wrote might not make sense. My apologies in advance.)

thisplacesucks
05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
i took french one but your a hippie so youd under stand uh it was right after lunch, and we get an hour.................so i was always blazed.................but yeah man i think ive heard the song.............it did sound a bit stupid to me but hey......theyre american trying to speak frenchie, whattya gonna do man......just smoke a bowl and chill watch some scooby doohttp://www.offspring.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=312529#
Stick Out Tongue

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I think some linking went wrong near the end of your post.=/

Did you hear the NOFX, or the Joe Dassin version?
I think both would sound rather stupid to someone that didn't grow up hearing it on the radio daily.

thisplacesucks
05-18-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah man sorry hey check out "heart broken and lonely" somewhere near the top of list thats mine man........look through it are you really high? you seem kinda competent

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm confused, please rephrase that.
And yes I am really high, although i'm being sobered up by the pain that's coming from my tooth which I managed to split in two parts while trying to bite through a piece of unpopped pop corn.

thisplacesucks
05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
how are you confused?????
what am i doing to confuse you?????
????
gave a girl her first high today should ive made a move?

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
nevermind.

Evil-Dead
05-19-2005, 02:33 PM
it sounds fine

Tired_Of_You
05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Their accent is not really good (nofx obviously), Even now, after I listened twice the original version I can't understand everything when I listen the Noxf's version. I agree with you, it sounds ridiculous. Personally, I hate that song.

when does french accent not sound rediculous though?

When a Quebecer speaks it! (If someone from France read that, they'll probably hate me :rolleyes: )

Seiraryu
05-19-2005, 03:19 PM
It's NOFX, people. It's supposed to sound rediculous. Damn.

~ Manu.

The meaning of life
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I talk french and when i lisent Nofx Cover i dont understad what he sing...only the beat :rolleyes:

~SoMeThInG To BeLiEvE iN~
06-19-2005, 02:12 PM
ARKKK TROP LAID YVES JUNIOR SNORMAL CRISS C D ANGLAIS PIS EU O MOUIN Y SFORCE LE CUL POUR PARLER NOTE PUTAIN DE LANGUE!!PAS KOM LÉ OTE BAND ... Tu Suck!!! :eek:

Brines
06-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Will someone upload it so I can hear?

Tired_Of_You
06-19-2005, 07:03 PM
ARKKK TROP LAID YVES JUNIOR SNORMAL CRISS C D ANGLAIS PIS EU O MOUIN Y SFORCE LE CUL POUR PARLER NOTE PUTAIN DE LANGUE!!PAS KOM LÉ OTE BAND ... Tu Suck!!! :eek:Commence toi-même par parler un Français que tout le monde est capable de comprendre.