PDA

View Full Version : 8.8 Billion $

Noodles
05-19-2005, 01:13 PM
During the Coalition Provitional Athority's reign in Iraq, 8.8 Billion $ of the Iraqi's money simply went missing. Most of this money is from oil shipped out of the country and there is no accounting for it. This is money that was supposed to go to the rebuilding of the Iraqi infrastructure. Electricity and water are still in shorter supply than they were before the invasion. This should be a huge story, but it's not (at least it's not here in the US).

Freedom may, or may not, be on the march, but Billions of dollars sure are. Water and electricity, however, remain intermittant.

Why doesn't anyone in this country (mine, the US) want to know about the missing Billions of dollars?

There are also Billions of American taxpayers' dollars missing as well, but that's another story (that the press won't cover).

irkazoom
05-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Hmmm... I didn´t knew that..

notoriousdoc
05-19-2005, 01:35 PM
George Bush siphoned it off BADLY to a swedish bank account. It's quite obvious that he's bribing everyone to stay hush hush, even the press. There are higher powers working on it though

voodoomagik
05-19-2005, 01:38 PM
During the Coalition Provitional Athority's reign in Iraq, 8.8 Billion $ of the Iraqi's money simply went missing. Most of this money is from oil shipped out of the country and there is no accounting for it. This is money that was supposed to go to the rebuilding of the Iraqi infrastructure. Electricity and water are still in shorter supply than they were before the invasion. This should be a huge story, but it's not (at least it's not here in the US).

Freedom may, or may not, be on the march, but Billions of dollars sure are. Water and electricity, however, remain intermittant.

Why doesn't anyone in this country (mine, the US) want to know about the missing Billions of dollars?

There are also Billions of American taxpayers' dollars missing as well, but that's another story (that the press won't cover).
I for one want to know where are the biological and nuclear bombs that Iraq was hiding from the inspections and I would like to hear the full story on the oil refineries the UK government and the Bush family owned in Iraq, the ones that were threatened to be shut-down by that country's government.
I would also like to know how come the country with the biggest amount of nuclear weapons, and the only country in the world that used it on other people, most of them innocent (and also used napalm in Vietnam, causing thousands of deaths and mutilations) has the nerve to make all the important decisions concerning other civilizations, playing god in somebody else’s back yard, forcing other countries to unarm, acting like they are the fire-fighters of the world.
Someone said in the past, that where the Ussr soldier puts down his boot, he is there for a long stay. Well that's the american soldier today, getting involved in as many influence circles as he can.
An intervention on the Iraq matter was kind of needed, to calm down the population of US, but that intervention was taken to the extreme, also serving other reasons. Although Saddam regime is over, many already miss it.
Ah, there would be a lot to say, but I fucking need a microphone…well, fuck!, you have one, if you understand what I mean… :D

Noodles is gay
05-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Let me present exhibit A:

George W Bush's back pocket.
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IGS/IGS325/IS526-011.jpg

Noodles is gay
05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
[George W Bush] writes poetry about his wife & Jacques Chirac

:eek: just imagine that! The man cannot get regular speech right, there is simply no way on earth that he could ever write a poem. Although...

My wife & Jacques (by George Bush)

I like my wife
she is nice
she got rid
of my lice
we're together
just like mice

Jacques is French
he's got hair
but he is French
just like a bear
we disagree
I don't care

notoriousdoc
05-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Here's a sample of his poetry:
http://yooha.meepzorp.com/walk-this-way/index_files/windup-bush.jpg
I like nuckes
http://www.tunl.duke.edu/images/nuke-boom.gif
Me lik moncys
I hayte da frenchies
me lic monies
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/toastisgod/Random/money.jpg
I'me andi-terorisusm
http://www.dietmarfuessel.com/Osama%20bin%20Laden.JPG

Noodles is gay
05-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh well, it's the USA, i wouldn't be suprised if they'd start WWIII and lose it.

Thank god i live in Hungary, most ppl don't even know where it is, so it's gonna be the last to get nuked.

When WWIII breaks out there will be no winners – the entire world will be destroyed/uninhabitable.

I think you’ll be pretty safe in Hungary:

“• When asked to find 10 specific states on a map of the United States, only California and Texas could be located by a large majority of those [Americans] surveyed. Both states were correctly located by 89 percent of the participants. Only 51 percent could find New York, the nation's third most populous state.
• On a world map, Americans could find on average only seven of 16 countries in the quiz. Only 89 percent of the Americans surveyed could find their own country on the map.” [Taken from CNN.com]

Rye
05-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Congratulations to all of you who bastardized this thread.

I honestly have no idea why no one is making a big deal out of this. The press may be scared, but they shouldn't be due to that grand ol' firsst amendment. Or, they might just be busy reporting on every single death in Iraq. Sure it's tragic, but you have to admit, it's getting annoying.

Endymion
05-19-2005, 10:46 PM
8.8b isn't all that much, i deal with sums much higher than that on a daily basis for work. building 100 miles of maglev track with superconducting power transmission ain't cheap.

wheelchairman
05-20-2005, 04:47 AM
8.8billion is far more than can be marked up under normal accounting discrepancies though. Much more.

Dirty Bertie
05-20-2005, 05:02 AM
8.8b isn't all that much, i deal with sums much higher than that on a daily basis for work. building 100 miles of maglev track with superconducting power transmission ain't cheap.

I'm missing your point! Just cos you think 8.8 billion isn't a lot of cash - doesn't mean that there isn't corruption on a major scale when it goes missing.

HornyPope
05-20-2005, 06:00 AM
What's 8 billions between friends?

And Noodles, while I think it's admirable that you know how to use the internet at all at your old age, you probably want to include the website links with ressources to backup your opinion or to give further insight and reading material to the peers. For example, if I said "Michael Moore is fat", the following is considered acceptable in the role of bibliography:

1- http://www.lariflessione.com/michael-moore.jpg

2 - Michael Moore is fat (http://spleenville.com/journal/archives/001710.php)

3 - Google search (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=michael+moore+is+fat&btnG=Google+Search&meta=) (because Google never lies)

/I swear i'm not a troll

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-20-2005, 07:25 AM
I dunno much about Iraq, just from what i heard on the media and stuff.

all you hear from the media is that things are FINE AND DANDY. and everyone gets all upset when an american soldier dies, but what about a soldier from a country that got bullied into the coalitiion by the US? what about the Iraqi citizens that are killed?

goddamn media.

and that 8.8 million is probably spendt to try to get george bush speech therapy so he can finally say "nuclear"

Brines
05-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Funny how they ignored the 9/11 threats, but they came to my school to talk to a kid who sent hate mail to Bush.

Little_Miss_1565
05-20-2005, 03:00 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS about this missing billions of dollars.

Yeah, so basically I think I'm going to have a stroke, and then hobble across the Canadian border. Québec independent maintenant!

RXP
05-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah but there's a senate investigation going on into it. It's not like hte whole of the US government is selfish thieving bastards. Only a few. And I wager that that would be the same in any superpower government.

Little_Miss_1565
05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Yeah but there's a senate investigation going on into it. It's not like hte whole of the US government is selfish thieving bastards. Only a few. And I wager that that would be the same in any superpower government.

The trouble is, though, that when things like this happen, the whole of the US government might as well have done it, for all the damage it does to the hearts-and-minds front.

Endymion
05-20-2005, 03:59 PM
The trouble is, though, that when things like this happen, the whole of the US government might as well have done it, for all the damage it does to the hearts-and-minds front.

indeed. should it be considered a good thing that the US gov't is currently under as much scrutiny by the public as it is? other major governments have far less than even this.

Little_Miss_1565
05-20-2005, 04:05 PM
indeed. should it be considered a good thing that the US gov't is currently under as much scrutiny by the public as it is? other major governments have far less than even this.

Other major governments also don't stage mass invasions for regime change.

darko
05-20-2005, 05:05 PM
two names come to mind.....
Bush and Blair

ASP
05-20-2005, 07:09 PM
No one wants to broadcast such things. They do want to put out stories about the bad things that are happening over there, but not their political happenings. Which, by the way, is a load of bull, because we of all people should be looking after what is happening there. I believe that, since we liberated them, our entire country should be looking after what is happening to them. We need to pay more attension to what is happening to our middle eastern friends. That is one of the reasons they hate us so much, we shoe an interest in their areas, but just long enough to get oil or rid them of dictators, and then we just leave them to pick up the ashes of their society themselves. Not to say that we don't do anything, we just don't do enough.

ermdevi@tion
05-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, all that oil money disappearing now, and yet the US senate is producing reports alledging that MP George Galloway was allocated 20 million barrels of oil by Saddam's regime.

On that note, did anyone see his senate performance? I thought he well and truly ripped that senator up - not used to that action on Capitol Hill, eh?

darko
05-21-2005, 05:24 PM
On that note, did anyone see his senate performance? I thought he well and truly ripped that senator up - not used to that action on Capitol Hill, eh?

I thod that was quite funny the way he went over and let rip

ermdevi@tion
05-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Haha, the look on some of their faces when he was hitting them with "Now I know that standards have slipped over the last few years in Washington, but for a lawyer, you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice." Sheer brilliance.

ZbadhabitZ
05-21-2005, 11:59 PM
As an American, I think it's ridiculous that there's so much censorship that important news stories never even see the light of day. It's psychotic how the "government" gets away with twisting and tweaking information as to make themselves look better (or in this case, they just all together hide information that'll make them look bad), and millions of Americans never know it.

I'm going to go and open up a different can of worms here, but how is it at all justified that a person can go overseas and shoot and gun (and kill someone; while at the same time taking the risk of being killed themselves), but yet they can't check into a hotel in America, can't gamble in Las Vegas, can't rent a car, can't legally drink, etc. How is that right?

Homer
05-22-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm proud to be a Canadian....

arak0r
05-22-2005, 03:02 AM
i wonder if people in the greatest empire ever had the feeling that what they thought, actually mattered to the people in charge, or if they knew it was getting nothing done.

Paul fae scotland
05-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I am from scotlan and I think the war is rubbish if u know anything about the scottish army the now u would find we are having cut backs, so |I have a theroy that tony Blair put our soliders there to die and he would not have to pay so much money for the soliders with out jobs, as for the money that has gone missin in the US I have no clue sorry if I sound mad or anything but I H8 TONY BLAIR :mad: .

darko
05-23-2005, 04:05 PM
no, he didnt put our soliders out there do die, there cutting back our army, cus its just another way to undermind the Scottish! with the excuse "need to safe money"

that money to go to their payrises!

sKratch
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM

Every time I learn something like this and realize I wasn't made aware of it, the US media sinks to even lower standing for me. The willful negligence of pertinent stories like these really says a lot about the grasp conservatives have on the media. And they're complaining about liberal bias? What's the point of allowing freedom of press if the newsmedia censor things on their own? For fuck's...

Paul fae scotland
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM
no, he didnt put our soliders out there do die, there cutting back our army, cus its just another way to undermind the Scottish! with the excuse "need to safe money"

that money to go to their payrises!
yeah a suppose they might not have put them out there to die, but still like u said they get the money in the end and with less soldiers means more money for them

darko
05-26-2005, 03:34 PM
it still pisses them off that we wanted our own parliament....

and the new parliament building is a complete joke aswell

Vera
05-29-2005, 04:41 AM
I heard US has a bigger defence budget than all the other countries' defence budget combined.

RXP
05-29-2005, 05:03 AM
I heard that the US has been cutting defence spending at an ever increasing rate. I herad the US has the worlds largest economy so they can afford to spend some on D. I heard the U.S is thel ast word in a free world.

Vera
05-29-2005, 06:11 AM
Maybe it's just my Nordic welfare-state thinking but if the poor people are getting poorer and the rich richer and the social services fucking suck in their country, I don't think they can afford to spent 8.8 billion on a fucking war.

But that's what not the people think, I guess, so oh well.

leo3375
05-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Noodles, you have given me yet another reason not to trust the mainstream media on political news.

Should the American peoaple be outraged? Hell yeah! I would like to know what happened to that money (Or, who pocketed it?) and why nothing was done to keep that in the fund to get the Iraqi peoples' utilities back up and running.

All I know is I'm dreading the upcoming draft and am working on applying to become a Conscientious Objector. Rumor has it that the draft will be expanded to include all men and women between the ages of 18 and 35, making me eligible to be thrown into a war I strongly oppose.

RXP
05-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Maybe it's just my Nordic welfare-state thinking but if the poor people are getting poorer and the rich richer and the social services fucking suck in their country, I don't think they can afford to spent 8.8 billion on a fucking war.

Everything to do with capitalism little to do with defence spending :-)

arak0r
05-30-2005, 05:27 AM
Noodles, you have given me yet another reason not to trust the mainstream media on political news.

Should the American peoaple be outraged? Hell yeah! I would like to know what happened to that money (Or, who pocketed it?) and why nothing was done to keep that in the fund to get the Iraqi peoples' utilities back up and running.

All I know is I'm dreading the upcoming draft and am working on applying to become a Conscientious Objector. Rumor has it that the draft will be expanded to include all men and women between the ages of 18 and 35, making me eligible to be thrown into a war I strongly oppose.

there will not be a draft. they have plenty of people in the armed forces, and plenty of people signing up for it.

sKratch
05-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Congratulations to all of you who bastardized this thread.

I honestly have no idea why no one is making a big deal out of this. The press may be scared, but they shouldn't be due to that grand ol' firsst amendment. Or, they might just be busy reporting on every single death in Iraq. Sure it's tragic, but you have to admit, it's getting annoying.
The media holds back because of its corporate sponsorship/ownership, and because high-uppers in the staff have agendas that benefit from a conservative government.

Betty
05-30-2005, 08:47 PM
The usual input:

No, the poor are not getting poorer, regardless of the poor/rich gap.

Yes, the media is terrible for holding back info, but they screw over conservatives too. It's not just a one way thing.

Oh, and people don't care enough. Here the government spent billions of taxpayer money on scandalous affairs and the people still elected them back.

I feel like I don't have enough info about the 8 billion to know what to make of it.

RXP
05-31-2005, 01:36 AM
I was thinking about the poor/rich gap. In real terms surely one of them has to get poorer. Money can't just appear from no where, it has to come from somewhere so if the rich are getting richer where it coming from? Surely the real consumption power of the poor is reduced. The actual income may increase but their real spending power has surely decreased. Gonna do some research into this.

Vera
05-31-2005, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I agree, Betty. The people should be on the fucking streets by now.

Little_Miss_1565
05-31-2005, 06:16 AM
I heard that the US has been cutting defence spending at an ever increasing rate. I herad the US has the worlds largest economy so they can afford to spend some on D. I heard the U.S is thel ast word in a free world.

I also heard that the U.S. has an ever-increasing national deficit, the size of which has never before been seen in its history.

RXP
05-31-2005, 07:02 AM
I hear the national deficit is to do with poor national consumption of home produced products and increased consumption of imports.

Little_Miss_1565
05-31-2005, 08:02 AM
I hear the national deficit is to do with poor national consumption of home produced products and increased consumption of imports.

I also hear that has to do with companies like Wal-Mart who, with the blessing and aid of Bush administration policies, refuse to produce anything in the U.S. and instead offshore everything. I also hear that the national deficit also has something to do with the fact that the wars in the Middle East are costing billions and billions more than what the Bush administration promised back in March of 2003.

dirty_magic
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
noodles for president!