View Full Version : All I want

Nrk
05-20-2005, 01:39 PM
we recorded it.

what do you think of it.

www.excessum.nl/alliwant.mp3

Gayman
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Needs practise! :D You don't play at the same time(you are off key....or something...don't know...maybe someone will help me...)Good after a few more practise! ;)

IdiotOfTheDay
05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
The guitar sounded good, but your voice is all over the place. Try working on vocals. Ha ha ha waaay better than I can do.

Nrk
05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
I know. but all i want is a pretty hard song to do. It's like... HIIIIIIIIIGH. It's live recorded so.

Gayman
05-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Do something easier then :D

Camilamazed
05-20-2005, 02:16 PM
That's cool......But I agree that vocals need to be worked :D

Nrk
05-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Well, give me tips then. x)

by example maybe ;)

Gayman
05-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Well, give me tips then. x)

by example maybe ;)
Get a new singer :D that's the easiest way!

Revolver-2005?
05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
its pretty good man, just practice tht singing

Brines
05-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Sing more normal, don't try to do Dexter's voice. And make sure your voice doesn't get higher as you go throughout the song. And yes, the ALL I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTs are hard.

Nrk
05-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Get a new singer :D that's the easiest way!
I don't think anyone at this forum can sing all i want like this after singing for about 1 year and 4 weeks of vocal lessons. Do you?

The-Offspring-RuLe
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Ur song rocked!!!! anyway its all about making de de song ur own and singing it de way u want! well done, if i'm de first to say it! :cool:

darko
05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
ok thats the 2nd link i've gone to to listen to music and i get this weird ass screen and it telling me that "No information available"

Its bugging my happyness

bhg_rulz2
05-20-2005, 03:48 PM
only one thing

congratulations

just work on your voice the "all i waaaaaaaaant" is pretty har to reach it

but anyway...i didn't hear the bass...but it was great...congratulations =)

Nrk
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
thanx, finally, ANYONE who likes it. everyone else think the vocals are bad, though, all i want is REALLY hard to sing, Dexter can confirm this ;)

Manic subsidal
05-20-2005, 05:38 PM
It's pretty good, but no way does that sound like a live recording. You did sing the song more accurately than I did (even though cover songs don't always have to be the exact same) but I didn't really like your voice. It's probably because the song is just way up there. Another thing is there's no bass? I know my all I want cover doesn't have a bass either but you're in a band right? You need a bass player.

Man I look back and listen to my all I want recording and damn, I screwed up. All I want IS a very hard song. What I did was I tried to learn how to play and sing the song and then record it... in one day. I shouldn't of done that. I can do this song a lot better now because I have practiced at it more but, I don't feel like recording it again, I want to move onto something else.

But anyways, nice job on the song.

Skate Rat 19
05-20-2005, 07:47 PM
well yeah the singing was not good at all but Dexters voice is almost impossible to match, How the Hell did they do Gone Away? I cant even sing When I come Around god knows how hard gone away is

AlphaDrake
05-20-2005, 10:10 PM
My ears...they bleed from the voices.....I'm gonna have nightmares now

Zack
05-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Pretty good just the singing needs work.

Homer
05-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Like everyone said, the singing needs to be worked on.

Noodles
05-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Okay, let me go Simon Cowell on your ass...!

Actually that was pretty good. It's hard to hit those high notes, huh? You'll get there. The singing actually reminded me of Jim from Pennywise during the verses (great compliment). I missed the Harmonies though. Tell the other guys to work on em. They're not too high. Your guitar player plays that song more cleanly than I do (not a great compliment). Really good drums and the bass seemed good (I didn't really listen to the bass. poor bass players, no love for them). Overall, it had a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10.

Keep it up. You guys are good.

Nrk
05-21-2005, 01:13 AM
thanks noodles ! :D

Homer
05-21-2005, 01:14 AM
lucky bastard..... :D

Nrk
05-21-2005, 01:14 AM
hell yes. :cool:

teodozjan
05-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Vocal needs practice :) but now it is so punk, more than theOffspring.

crrrN
05-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Noodles, what do you mean by the cleaner played guitar part in this recording?

Is it like wrong strumming?

PS. I'm that guitar player : )

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-21-2005, 01:51 AM
thats awesome that noodles gave his input.

yeah and the bass players never get love, but thats because we are too busy kicking ass.

why wont you love me? you hugged the mailman.haha

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Hey Noodles, What's up?

hehe, yeah, it was good, i agree with Noodles :D

Mentally_Challenged
05-21-2005, 02:01 AM
I personally thought it was pretty brilliant considering:
1) I will never be able to play guitar like that, no matter how hard I try.
2) I can't sing to save my life, so in my eyes, that was great :p

RobinoZombie
05-21-2005, 04:45 AM
ok, decent...its not easy to sing like dex...you can ALMOST reach those notes, but your voice is to shut to get the engergy and power which is needed....keep it up

Dirty Bertie
05-21-2005, 05:43 AM
Nice effort dude. All I want is a really hard song to sing if you are quite a low singer... but you are getting near to hitting those notes

Keep singing and practising those vocals

tle_punk
05-21-2005, 08:13 AM
sorry but the vocals sorta made me laugh...but i honestly think that it was alright, good job!

lost_nvrfound
05-21-2005, 12:23 PM
that was pretty good...

here's a tip for singin...

practice singin it a regular speaking voice while jogging or doing some activity... it doesn't really have to be this song, it'd actually be better to sing something with a greater range from hi to low, ex: Bohemian Raphsody

gradually (over several days or even weeks) raise your voice to performance level while your doing said activity...its important that you do something that takes physical effort or else this won't help...

what this excercise will do is expand your lung capacity and make it easier to hit higher notes and produce more volume... i was in a musical earlier this spring and we were told to do this so that we could maintain a high volume and hit the high notes... it really does help a whole lot... my range goes a lot higher and clearer

also... work on your diction a little... i knda lost you at some points in the song

sry my response was so long... :D

Punk_Conspiracy
05-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I really don't think the vocals suit the song, though I like the guitar work. I think 7/10

Telekinesis
05-22-2005, 02:54 AM
thats awesome that noodles gave his input.

yeah and the bass players never get love, but thats because we are too busy kicking ass.

why wont you love me? you hugged the mailman.haha

I know this guy who plays bass and he has a nose like Greg K's! He is really hot! I've mentioned him in a few threads, Cameron Knott. Is Hot! :D

Living in Chaos
05-22-2005, 03:42 AM
i really liked your version. I'm not gonna go on about the singing, but yes, i really liked the music!!! ;)

jrk247
05-22-2005, 04:40 AM
we recorded it.

what do you think of it.

www.excessum.nl/alliwant.mp3
Dude awesome, your voice is good but I think it sounds more like Billie Joe Armstrong from Green day.

Nrk
05-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Thx, I can sing any song by Green Day, hehe, but i think Offspring songs are cooler.

IdiotOfTheDay
05-22-2005, 06:47 AM
The following is from an interview with Dexter by Skratch magazine...
"SKRATCH:... I wrote an article that was in part critical of how many guitars you use during the live performance. Somebody told me later that each guitar is set to a different key.
DEXTER: [Laughs] Yeah, that's true. Actually, a little secret is that we tune some of our songs down because it's hard for me to sing that stuff. It's a little bit lower, but not low enough to be really noticeable. All of the songs I write are at the top of my range, so I have to yell as hard as I can."
See, even Dexter has problems with the singing.

Nrk
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah i know that =) but oh well.

Gayman
05-22-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't think anyone at this forum can sing all i want like this after singing for about 1 year and 4 weeks of vocal lessons. Do you?
I can!!!! And I'm only a shower singer!!!! :D

Manic subsidal
05-22-2005, 02:32 PM
wtf? 1 year and a month? I know the song is hard to sing on the first try, you just got to practice a little bit, but if you've been taking lessons for that long, uh I guess you have a really bad teacher or something . . .damn..

Gayman
05-22-2005, 02:45 PM
:D yeah!!!! That was good!

Nrk
05-23-2005, 12:02 AM
wtf? 1 year and a month? I know the song is hard to sing on the first try, you just got to practice a little bit, but if you've been taking lessons for that long, uh I guess you have a really bad teacher or something . . .damn..
I've had 5 lessons. since april 2005. I'm singing since beginnin' 2004.

icklebabygremlin
06-16-2005, 06:29 AM
You have made a joke of this song

-Punky-
06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
The guitar sounds great but the vocals........ suck!!
WTF!

HeadAroundU
06-16-2005, 11:48 AM
guitar and drums are OK!!!
bassguitar-Increase volume of bass or something :confused: I can't hear bass very well....
vocals-now I see its hard to sing that song:)

good job!

Preecey
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
All i want is one hell of a song. It makes Ixnay that little bit better.

Mr. Crimson
06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Add bass....or turn it way up.

And as for the singing, there isn't enough passion in it, you are singing it like its a chore.

Sometimes is good not to have a great voice, gives bands a trademark.

Maybe take it down an octave and throw in some rasp if you can't nail dexter's rendition of it.

SeanAshmore
06-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I love this! lol. i listened to it twice in a row cus i wanted to hear it again. the vocals arnt as bad as everyone has been saying, you are hitting the notes but i think ur belting them out once you get to the higher bits, but thats your style of singing, its not a bad thing. i actually like what u did with the "back off your rules" singing tune, sorta made it your own. keep it up man and keep posting ne new stuff. are you guys gonna write ne of your own stuff?

p.s anyone who has been giving criticism simply for the sake of tearing someone down, will you please record your own versions of this song? i believe this is only fair? ill post my own if everyones up for it?

English-Idiot
06-16-2005, 02:15 PM
The guitar nd drums sounded great, couldnt really hear the bass very well. The vocals wernt brilliant but overall I thought it was really good :cool:

Nrk
06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
I love this! lol. i listened to it twice in a row cus i wanted to hear it again. the vocals arnt as bad as everyone has been saying, you are hitting the notes but i think ur belting them out once you get to the higher bits, but thats your style of singing, its not a bad thing. i actually like what u did with the "back off your rules" singing tune, sorta made it your own. keep it up man and keep posting ne new stuff. are you guys gonna write ne of your own stuff?

p.s anyone who has been giving criticism simply for the sake of tearing someone down, will you please record your own versions of this song? i believe this is only fair? ill post my own if everyones up for it?
Thanx. Yeah we are currently writing our second full-length EP, which we will release independently at the end of the summer.

Influences include The Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold, Sum 41 and NOFX.

you can hear some crap @ www.excessum.nl/downloads.html (however, those samples are from our first full-length EP).

www.myspace.com/theexcessum - the Titanium-demo is our latest demo. - Unfortunately it hasn't got any vocals yet. I'm writing them soon, vacation's coming up ;)

Brines
06-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Since you obviously suck so much you do not need your guitar, will you sell me yours?

Manic subsidal
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Since you obviously suck so much you do not need your guitar, will you sell me yours?

I don't think he's the guitar player..

Nrk
Also, I think most people the vocals are strange because my voice is just different from Dexters', we just have a different sound.

The-Offspring-RuLe
Thanx. Yeah we are currently writing our second full-length EP, which we will release independently at the end of the summer.

Influences include The Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold, Sum 41 and NOFX.

you can hear some crap @ www.excessum.nl/downloads.html (however, those samples are from our first full-length EP).

www.myspace.com/theexcessum - the Titanium-demo is our latest demo. - Unfortunately it hasn't got any vocals yet. I'm writing them soon, vacation's coming up ;)

Those Samples kick ass!!

Brines
06-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't think he's the guitar player..

Look at his avatar.

Nrk
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
I sing AND play the guitar. And no i won't sell my fucking Ibanez. (I got 2, ha-ha).

Nrk
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Those Samples kick ass!!
thanks man. :cool:

Manic subsidal
06-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh, it sounded like there was only 1 guitar in the all I want cover. I think there was... I don't know, I haven't listened to that song in like a month.

Nrk
06-16-2005, 03:36 PM
There were 2, but my guitar player recorded them both. (one panned to the left, on panned to the right). Makes the guitar-sound wider.

Manic subsidal
06-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Ah, that's cool.

Nrk
06-16-2005, 03:47 PM
(: (argh, crappy message too short shit.)

Noodfan
06-16-2005, 05:55 PM
i can hardly believe you are the same person who played this records and all i want. all i want wasn't that good but records are really high quality things and really really great.
ohh i wondered which equipment do you use for guitar(amp/effects..) is the distortion digital?

neocon58
06-17-2005, 02:49 AM
you guys got ibanez and randall logos on your site. are you sponsored?

Nrk
06-17-2005, 05:20 AM
no (extra text for the short message)

thecrowe72000
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
I thought that that was a really good cover. I didn't notice anything bad about the singing either. Keep playing... :cool:

Nrk
06-18-2005, 05:22 PM
dude, thanks. :)

Turbonegro
06-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Ugh, that was awful. Get a new singer. Fuck the voice lessons, they're obviously not helping. And where the hell was the bass? You HAVE to have a fucking bass.

Nrk
06-18-2005, 06:13 PM
I love this. You guys should try to do better. :) listen, I KNOW it isn't really good, but oh well, i know you guys won't do any better. :)

AND IT HASN'T GOT BASS! GET OVER IT. WE HAVE GOT A BASS PLAYER, BUT HE JUST WASN'T AROUND WHEN WE RECORDED IT.

mrconeman
06-18-2005, 06:15 PM
The cover was okay yeah, but coming on and running your mouth about how no one here can do better isnt, get down off your high horse

Nrk
06-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't have a high horse, i just see a lot of people which are saying it's horrible, until they do it better :)

dude, i know it isn't perfect, but i have said it before, it was LIVE(so no adjustments) and my voice is really different from Dexters'. So listen to samples of my own band. seek through the topic for them.

mrconeman
06-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I know its good man, its a damn good effort in fact, because anyone who knows anything about singing or voices will know that song requires vocal strength and a range like Dexter, not to mention Dexters very very unique voice, the only reason people are sayinmg it sucks is because they dont seem to realise that

nameless
06-19-2005, 03:08 PM
it sounded pretty good i thought! what did you use to record?!

Nrk
06-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Behringer mixer, shure mics, Dw drums, Ibanez guitars, Randall amplifiers :)

Brines
06-19-2005, 03:26 PM
You see, I could easily record a much better version, but my mommy doesn't buy all of the equipment for me. Sorry.

Manic subsidal
06-19-2005, 03:52 PM
You see, I could easily record a much better version, but my mommy doesn't buy all of the equipment for me. Sorry.

Meh... just buy a cheap PC mic like I did.

But really, I think this whole saying of "I know you say my song sucks, but let's if you can do any better" is pretty lame.

Who cares? Just ignore him. It's not like this is the best musician contest... or maybe it is :eek: