PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for answering the "Boxers or briefs?" question, Saddam

Little_Miss_1565
05-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Remember that episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus where most of the episode is spent with the characters having "the most terrible feeling of déja vu"? That's how I felt this afternoon while watching CNN.

First, Abu Ghraib. Now, Saddam in his Y-fronts. I always wondered what would happen when the assholes from my high school graduating class enlisted.

Abu Ghraib and the new Saddam in his Pants photos smack of high school locker room antics, and Bush and co. are acting like the varsity football coach, protecting their "boys" and trying to save a little face in the process.

This coming on the heels of the whole Newsweek mess...except then, the Pentagon had actually vetted the article and approved it and said it was all true, but now made Newsweek retract it after the story broke overseas.

Can we get Jon Stewart to repeat his Crossfire performance with the White House as his target?

Mota Boy
05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Don't worry Sarah, the administration is on the case! They're not as mad as they were when pictures of soldier's caskets were leaked to the press, but they're pretty steamed that the world's already seen the surprise "Miss December" of the Armed Forces Iraq Occupation Calender 2006. Now they have an extra incentive to capture al-Zarqawi.

HornyPope
05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
You know... he's rather well hung. I swear I wasn't the one to point it though.

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0520/4511156.jpg

Saddam and his lawyers said they will sue. LAFF. Oh and Al-Jazeera says they will not air the pictures because, according to their spokesman, ""The photo is demeaning to Iraqis," adding that "from the professional side, it is not news." And showing beheaded people is? I'm dissapointed.

Little_Miss_1565
05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
God I hope Saddam sues. That's a shitstorm that I think the administration needs to weather.

It seems like there are a lot of total assholes out there who turn out to be well hung. The 'being an asshole' bit, however, does not apply to my ex-boyfriend. ;)

Jesus
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Al Arabiya did broadcast it though (if I saw the logo correctly), clash of the satellite news networks! Fuck cable. I wonder if any of them broadcasted "The Guantanamo Guidebook" a while ago.

Too bad this will get all the attention again instead of like this (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/20/international/asia/20abuse.html?ei=5094&en=6cca0512a38427c3&hp=&ex=1116648000&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print) and thousands of others probably.

SicN Twisted
06-14-2005, 11:36 AM
I guarentee some of the culprits in the military used to be members of my high school football team. I knoew some of them would join the marines, and this is totally in their character.

Little_Miss_1565
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I guarentee some of the culprits in the military used to be members of my high school football team. I knoew some of them would join the marines, and this is totally in their character.

Mine too.

Good christ, I thought we were supposed to be rid of those assholes after we walked across that stage in the funny outfits.

SicN Twisted
06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Damn, I thought I was rid of them two years earlier when I recieved my GED in the mail.

Little_Miss_1565
06-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Well aren't we Mr. Special McSmarty Pants. :p

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Damn, I thought I was rid of them two years earlier when I recieved my GED in the mail.
What's this? I'm not the only GED recepient here? That kind of puts a smile on my face.

Faded Soul
06-15-2005, 07:48 PM
What's this? I'm not the only GED recepient here? That kind of puts a smile on my face.

what's wrong with getting a GED? better than nothing. I am soon-to-be a recipient of one, myself.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2005, 08:18 PM
My point was that there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a GED. I'm proud that I not only got one, but that I'm doing so much better than many of my peers who actually finished high school, and that I've totally erased that GED stigma.

SicN Twisted
06-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Fuck yeah, GED! Although having gone to New York City public schools where teachers show up to class once a week, there aren't too many other options.

JohnnyNemesis
06-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Indeed. I remember a teacher showing up to class three times the entire year, with a revoloving dor of substitute teachers replacing her every day. Fuck, I wish I was exagerating, but I'm not. There was a huge uproar because she failed all her students. 95% of her students received final grades of F or D- that year.

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Hah - I remember my favorite teacher, an idealist, was encouraging kids to drop out because they'd have better futures as 16 year olds with GEDs then 16 year olds actually attending our school. I'm not exagerating either.

JohnnyNemesis
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
HA! That's completely priceless! I think I remember you telling someone you go to WCC? I have quite a few friends there. Anyway, I'm willing to bet you're doing better than some of the kids that ended up graduating.

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I dropped out of WCC.

Who do you know there? There are quite a few people from the Bronx that actually pay tuition for WCC because BCC sucks so much, but they're all either homie drug dealers or punk rockers.

JohnnyNemesis
06-21-2005, 12:16 PM
BCC is absolutely horrible; that's why I chose BMCC. I dunno any Bronxites who go to WCC, but my buddies Reggie, Nena, James, Gregorio, and a few others go there. If any sound familiar to you, I'll provide last names.

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Nothing too familliar. I thought you might have been referring to the Rumors/Waterberries punk scene, since your from the Bronx and you like rock music you might be part of it. BCC is a fantastic place to go if you want drugs but don't know anyone, sometimes if my connects didn't come through I used to cop from the dealers there, since they can only have security and not police.