PDA

View Full Version : ron welty or atom willard?

drummer guy
05-20-2005, 05:54 PM
who do ye think is the better drummer i personally think ron is definately a better drummer and i am very disapointed that he has left! :(

Manic subsidal
05-20-2005, 06:06 PM
It's kind of weird, back then when Ron left, everyone was like "omg this is great, we have Atom now! He rules!" I remember this one idiot even said "Offspring doesn't deserve atom" ...but now it's the opposite. People don't like atom and want Ron back :confused:

Well I'm one of the few people that still like Atom more than Ron. It's just that I found Ron's drumming to be really boring to listen to. I mean it didn't suck, it was just plain I guess. However, Kill The President had an awesome drum intro but that was back then. Anyways, it feels like Atom's drumming has a little more something than Ron's. I'm not really all that crazy for his drumming in can't repeat though but I'm sure in the next album he will do some cool stuff.

Well that's what I think... err I'm not much of a drummer guy.

drummer guy
05-20-2005, 06:14 PM
what kind of an idiot would say the offspring are lucky to have atom!
i didnt think rons drumming was boring at all in fact i thought it was the back bone of the band staring at the sun L.a.p.d. and gone away are all great drum tracks! :) josh freese would have been a more worthy replacement than atom tho!

Kitten
05-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Drummer Guy. Atom is the replacement drummer. There is nothing that will change that.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-21-2005, 01:55 AM
and besides, josh is the drummer's doorknob, every band gets a turn. :D

Seiraryu
05-21-2005, 03:33 AM
I hate it when band line-ups change. I don't know why. It just bugs me. Meh.

nikosoff
05-21-2005, 04:07 AM
i prefer ron welty,men.But atom is not so bad but is a mmm...a good drummer.

darko
05-22-2005, 03:18 AM
u know, personally i think its too soon to decide which ones better.....cus lets face it, Ron did 6 albums and well atom has only really kinda done one.....shouldnt we wait till he does a couple THEN decide?

Aimeht
05-22-2005, 03:21 AM
They are both good drummers but I miss Ron...

Camilamazed
05-22-2005, 10:19 AM
This thread has already been started, but I'll tell once more that I can't telll the best. Both are good. :D

We were all shocked by Ron's left and afraid of how would the next drummer be, but we must admit that Atom surprised us all :D

Kitten
05-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Atom is a good drummer, he brings an energy into The Offspring that I think can really benefit them.
The fact is, you guys are just sour on Atom because he replaced Ron. It wouldn't have mattered if they got Tre Cool, Josh Freeze, or some guy or girl that has been aknowledged as the greatest drummer in the world. You guys would still be sour over it.
Stop living in the past and look forward, afterall, you can't repeat the past...

bouncingcoles
05-22-2005, 06:48 PM
who do ye think is the better drummer i personally think ron is definately a better drummer and i am very disapointed that he has left! :(

Ron was classic and i do miss him so. but ATOM WAS A FUCKING AMAZING REPLACEMENT AND ADDS SOMETHING FRESH AND NEW TO THE BAND!!

0r4ng3
05-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Atom seems more enthusiastic about playing, live and in videos (Can't Repeat). He's only played drums for the Offspring on one song, so people should wait until the next album to make their decision.

dexterisMYman
05-29-2005, 07:12 PM
ATOM!!! i love atom soooo much! i listened 2 rftc 4ever and i've always liked atom. i mean yeah rons cool but atom!

sk8itgr8
05-29-2005, 07:18 PM
:confused: why did ron leave in the first place???????

Jinger Joe
05-31-2005, 04:56 AM
i hate to spoil it, but isnt this the tour forum?

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-31-2005, 06:45 AM
im still wondering why you guys are soooo bent out of shape still about ron. it cant be because you actually think he's a better drummer than atom. ron wasn't that interesting. i think most people are bent out of shape because nostalgia has got the best of you.

killboybowerhead
06-03-2005, 07:37 PM
I think to an extent the drummer is the most important part of a band but once the drummer is at that mark where hes really good. It just doesnt matter who is the drummer. Fact is Atom gets the job done. He did not do the drums on splinter so dont let that deceive you. Just wait till the next album. IM sure hell have some awesome drumming.

Pilau
06-03-2005, 07:59 PM
The fact is, you guys are just sour on Atom because he replaced Ron. It wouldn't have mattered if they got Tre Cool, Josh Freeze, or some guy or girl that has been aknowledged as the greatest drummer in the world. You guys would still be sour over it.

Well Tre Cool is a fucking tosser and a shit drummer so I think we would all have a problem with him playing. And they already got Josh Freese to play for them and he rocked as always. But Atom is great in his role as was Ron, but obviously Ron still captures our hearts above Atom.

neocon58
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
http://cincinnati.com/freetime/movies/mcgurk/img/wedding_rev_175x253.jpg

Another Atom vs Ron thread? Somebody kill me! Somebody kill me please! I'm on my knees! Pretty pretty please! Kill meeeeeeee!

Jebus
06-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Drummers are replacesable so it doesn't matter who plays the part.
Oh, that's right. I went there.

Rye
06-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh no you di-int! *snaps fingers*

Kitten
06-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Well Tre Cool is a fucking tosser and a shit drummer so I think we would all have a problem with him playing. And they already got Josh Freese to play for them and he rocked as always. But Atom is great in his role as was Ron, but obviously Ron still captures our hearts above Atom.

Have you ever heard Tre Cool miss a beat? As for him being a tosser, so are most males, they can't help. Do you play drums?
And thank you, but I am quite aware they had Josh Freeze on the drums, but he wasn't Ron's permanant replacement.
You obviously have your taste up your ass, because it looks like shit to me.
As for Ron capturing everyone's hearts over Atom, it can't be his ever so invigorating and energetic live show. It was a very rare film clip or live show where see Ron look like he was actually enjoying himself, a smile might have done it.

Mannen som blev en gris
06-04-2005, 08:50 AM
a, Wrong forum
b, Try use the search button
c, Ron is better! :D

PresidentKiller
06-04-2005, 11:32 AM
No, ATOM is better. I do miss Ron, but Atom's energy on stage is simply amazing. It certainly gives the band a new fresher appearance.

offspring kid
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM

Atom willard ( cant explain with the reasons nor that i dont like ron just that atom is better then him he plays with more enrgy which is the key to playing Drums )

Ignition_6
06-06-2005, 06:53 PM
u know, personally i think its too soon to decide which ones better.....cus lets face it, Ron did 6 albums and well atom has only really kinda done one.....shouldnt we wait till he does a couple THEN decide?

he didnt even actually do hit that, it was the drummer from the vandals standing in for ron :D

Kitten
06-07-2005, 03:07 AM
he didnt even actually do hit that, it was the drummer from the vandals standing in for ron :D

Shouldn't that be Splinter? And Josh Freeze was the studio drummer, he wasn't standing in for Ron as Ron had already left by that stage.

Pilau
06-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Have you ever heard Tre Cool miss a beat? As for him being a tosser, so are most males, they can't help. Do you play drums?
And thank you, but I am quite aware they had Josh Freeze on the drums, but he wasn't Ron's permanant replacement.
You obviously have your taste up your ass, because it looks like shit to me.
As for Ron capturing everyone's hearts over Atom, it can't be his ever so invigorating and energetic live show. It was a very rare film clip or live show where see Ron look like he was actually enjoying himself, a smile might have done it.

Yeah I am a drummer actually (played for years and attended music schools). And every good drummer I have met will admit that although Tre Cool is in a succesful band, his drumming stinks as it is so boring and simple.

And I wasn't educating you about Josh playing on the album, but I may educate you on the fact that you can't spell his surname for shit.

And so what if Ron never smiled? He played good drums and created good music. If you wanna see an energetic live show with twits acting like fools, go see Busted. If you wanna see a show with good music then The Offspring had been delivering that for years with Ron doing his job.

Now they are continuing with Atom doing his part and he does it well. But what would Atom be without Ron? The band wouldn't exist to the standard they did or let alone get off the ground without Ron's efforts.

So go do your history homework!!!

Revolver-2005?
06-07-2005, 03:48 AM
atom has more energy and enthusiasm, which is good, ron always look very serious didnt look like he was having fun...theyre both good drummers

jasofern
06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
WELTY KICKS ATOM'S AS..... EASILY

Dont get me wrong, Atom's a good drummer, but Ron SHITS all over him

Pilau
06-07-2005, 04:05 AM
Exactly, they're both doing their job well. What petty fool cares if they're smiling or not. They're both good drummers.

jasofern
06-07-2005, 04:13 AM
I dont know why 1 person is standing up for the (clearly SHIT) drummer of Green Day (on the OFFSPRING forums no less) Tre Cool is possibly th worst drummer in one of th most succesful bands in the world (and by th way, i Hate green day)

Just acept the fact that he's crap, and move on. Im sure most people reading this would agree with me.

Pilau
06-07-2005, 04:26 AM
FUCK YEAH DUDE! Tre cool is a tart that thinks he is cool when the rest of the world is laughing at his crap drumming abilities.

jasofern
06-07-2005, 04:34 AM
ok im gonna start a thread/petition 'If You agree that Tre Cool, the drummer of Green Day, is shit, Post here'

Any takers?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Green Day Suck

By the way, Ron Kicks Ass, BUT, i have to say, Atom... i love watching him drum because he head bangs and stuff, they both rock, but i can't beleive Ron left for some shit-house no-name band :(

HeadAroundU
06-07-2005, 11:09 AM
fuck atom's energy-its not important

Important is drumming at the studio!!

Ron made 6 albums...
Josh made 1
and Atom 0........he have to get my heart with new record

Ron rulessssssss

KidsArentAlright
06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Atom did a great job live last year. I miss Ron tho.

Kitten
06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Exactly, they're both doing their job well. What petty fool cares if they're smiling or not. They're both good drummers.

Because Atom looks like he is enjoying himself.

Kitten
06-07-2005, 01:23 PM
I dont know why 1 person is standing up for the (clearly SHIT) drummer of Green Day (on the OFFSPRING forums no less) Tre Cool is possibly th worst drummer in one of th most succesful bands in the world (and by th way, i Hate green day)

Just acept the fact that he's crap, and move on. Im sure most people reading this would agree with me.

As for Tre, that was an example. People are going to complain no matter who you get, because it's change, and people don't like change. No offense to drummers, but it's not a drastic change, Ron didn't seem to be doing any backing singing, or doing a trademark trick only he could do.

Pilau
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Trademark trick? WTF r u on about?

Also what are you going about with Tre and change. He is shit and that will never change. And yes we'll never be happy cos Tre is shit.

Poodles
06-07-2005, 02:04 PM
I think Ron is better...Atom is a replacement drummer, he is not the real drummer of the offspring. :)

PresidentKiller
06-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I think Ron is better...Atom is a replacement drummer, he is not the real drummer of the offspring. :)

And you're a replacement asshole. A real asshole is far more interesting than you.

Kitten
06-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Trademark trick? WTF r u on about?

Also what are you going about with Tre and change. He is shit and that will never change. And yes we'll never be happy cos Tre is shit.

I was using Tre as an example, you retarded fuckwad, if you had noticed, I also mentioned Josh Freese in that same post.
As for trade mark trick, it's not like there is one thing he can do that no other drummer on earth can do.
Atom nails all the songs on stage, and he does them very well.
I'd never be happy if Tre joined The Offspring as drummer, because that would mean that Green Day was over.

Leave Tre the hell alone fuckface. Oh, and get your fucking facts straight.

jasofern
06-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Josh FREESE...EMPHASIS ON THE S!!

sum1 has already corrected u, so learn to spell u fuckwit.

P.S: TRE COOL IS SHIT!!

Skip91
06-08-2005, 01:47 AM
I personally don't like all of green days's songs, but tre cool is
a sickarse drummer

Kitten
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Josh FREESE...EMPHASIS ON THE S!!

sum1 has already corrected u, so learn to spell u fuckwit.

P.S: TRE COOL IS SHIT!!

Happy now?
P.S: Why is Tre Cool shit according to you? Not what your little fuck buddy says, but according to you.

jasofern
06-08-2005, 02:11 AM

the drummer is SHIT he has th worst lines ever and they are so fuckin ordinary and boring

well considering those r my words i suggest that you shut the fuck up

Pilau
06-08-2005, 02:17 AM

This guy does have a point. He is a replacement but also the new Offspring drummer. So we'll accept him, but at heart he won't be the real deal until he has done as many albums and made the contribution that Ron did.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Green Day suck

The Offspring are better than Gay Day, Green Day*** in every possible way.

Pilau
06-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Happy now?
P.S: Why is Tre Cool shit according to you? Not what your little fuck buddy says, but according to you.

Try checking other convos on this board. There are quite a few posts cussing Tre Cool. And have you noticed that since you started your mission to convince us the fool is any good that the majority of people posting think he sucks!

And well done you learn't how to spell Freese. Your next trick to learn is to shut your mouth when talking about crap drummers.

jasofern
06-08-2005, 02:32 AM
i rest my case :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-08-2005, 06:52 AM
i think its funny how josh is one of the best, most well known drummers, and people still cant spell his last name. its not just a stab at the people on this board, but i know a lot of people who cant spell freese to save their lives.

his dad still works at disneyland.

Dex90
06-08-2005, 10:25 AM
I CANT BELIEVE U GUYS ARE EVEN QUESTIONING IT!! ATOM IS 1000000000000 TIMES BETTER!!! Ron was great but atom IS AMAZING!! Im pretty sure whoever saw atom and ron live will agree.....p.s. Tre cool is also very good but not as much as ron..

Kitten
06-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Try checking other convos on this board. There are quite a few posts cussing Tre Cool. And have you noticed that since you started your mission to convince us the fool is any good that the majority of people posting think he sucks!

And well done you learn't how to spell Freese. Your next trick to learn is to shut your mouth when talking about crap drummers.

I am just going to agree to diagree, this thread isn't about Tre Cool, he was an example and you idiots obviously took it a different way to the way it was meant.

dirty_magic
06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
i prefer atom to ron although i still recon ron is a legend! shut up about tre cool, he should get a proper name!

slayer/metallicafan661
06-08-2005, 03:34 PM
i prefer atom to ron although i still recon ron is a legend! shut up about tre cool, he should get a proper name! i think ron welty is kool some and i got nothing aginst atom willard

punkangel
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Ron Welty is better because he was the original drummer for the offspring and that will always be

endlesst0m
06-08-2005, 06:22 PM
ron welty's bass drum parts in songs likes have you ever and meaning of life are pathetic. he dumbs down the total immortal part when they covered it. ive seen him mess up the snare fill in kids arent alright on a live video.

god i could go on and on about why ron isnt really that good.

somehow he still does awesome things like damnit i changed again fill and the "session" fill!....

S-snare T-Toms

ssSssSsSssSsssSsTTSSSSSSSSTTtt - awesome fill!

overal ron sucks though, i dont get how he did something that awesome...

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-08-2005, 09:37 PM
just because ron was in the band first, that DOESNT automatically make him a better drummer. thats a poor argument.

kevin wasserman iz onhemp
06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
:eek:atom.................................sux

UnderOath
06-09-2005, 12:22 AM
i argree...with your name

Preecey
06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
I was sceptical about Atom too, but for some reason after seeing the Can't Repeat video I think he's ok. I liked Ron Welty though.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

offspringrammsteinfan
06-09-2005, 06:27 AM
I vote for atom willard. He didn't bag to be in the band and he didn't leave when he got finally in the band.

Ibanez
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Does anyone really know why ron's gone?
And what did you say atoms play is more energetic??
Are you kidding? Just because he smiled??
Come on fuck off, compare them on stage you can't show me any drummer who is more into what he's playing than ron. When he's on stage he looks ecstatic and seems to be all filled by the music.
There's really no point in complaining about atom he's a good and a dignified follower.
But his drums are lighter and got more groove which doesn't really match some songs when you're used to rons heavy and very fast drums.
with the style of atom the style of the whole band has to change let's just wait for the results, we can't do anything against it anyway.

By the way tre cool sucks!

Pilau
06-10-2005, 03:51 AM
You man have clear eyes! I knew we could weed out the intellignece somewhere on here. Well done!

jasofern
06-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Does anyone really know why ron's gone?
And what did you say atoms play is more energetic??
Are you kidding? Just because he smiled??
Come on fuck off, compare them on stage you can't show me any drummer who is more into what he's playing than ron. When he's on stage he looks ecstatic and seems to be all filled by the music.
There's really no point in complaining about atom he's a good and a dignified follower.
But his drums are lighter and got more groove which doesn't really match some songs when you're used to rons heavy and very fast drums.
with the style of atom the style of the whole band has to change let's just wait for the results, we can't do anything against it anyway.

By the way tre cool sucks!

Yes i agree....i think ur another recruit to the cause.
Go here: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10049 and tell some of these dickheads that

farrell
06-10-2005, 06:17 AM
well,i can't vote,they're both good,and so what when d drummer has been replaced?it's not a guitarist,or smth...so give it up!but i will always Ron,u can't just leave,then it's not the same any more :mad:

Sinister
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
personally I go for Atom. cuz Ron playing shirtless (like on Huck It video @ 13th floor) is kinda... stupid

Tired_Of_You
06-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Did you really say that you like Atom more only because Ron doesn't wear t-shirts during shows? Saying that is stupid.

jasofern
06-12-2005, 05:18 AM
yeah that is PRETTY dumb, i mean come on, if u wer playing guitar without a shirt and someone said u wer crap coz of that would u like it? we gotta b reasonable here

Preecey
06-12-2005, 05:58 AM
It's really only the drumming that matters, and Atom is excellent at that. I'm not saying Rons bad in any way, but he's gone. Get over it. Move on.
________
BeautifullNightmare (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/BeautifullNightmare/)

FFX-ME
06-12-2005, 07:07 AM
i used to be indifferent to ron welty when he was in the band but now he left im like man is he an @$$ a lot of people would kill for his spot so i love atom for keeping the band alive

AToMic
06-13-2005, 02:53 PM
ron= quality

atom = different type of quailty

aeh20s
06-13-2005, 09:28 PM
I've seen them both live, i know i'm not a drummer, but Atom sounded just as good Ron in concert. i don't know their skills at all, but i do know that Atom can play as well as Ron. i'm upset that the original band isn't together anymore, but Atom was a fit replacement.

Amber
06-24-2005, 04:57 PM
My vote goes to Atom because he's a great guy that loves what he does :D and because there must have been something wrong with Ron because he got fired!

Noodfan
06-24-2005, 05:26 PM
My vote goes to Atom because he's a great guy that loves what he does :D and because there must have been something wrong with Ron because he got fired!
no he didn't. have some respect for him. he is the ORIGINAL drummer. i love atom too but ron played for years.

Secure_Horizons
07-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Somebody said that Ron's drumming in the offspring songs is boring. Have you ever thought that he wants it to be as simple as possible? Check out the earliest offspring recordings (Tehran, Demons, LAPD, Kill the president, etc) and you'll see that they are, in some sense, more complex than the smash, americana and conspiracy recordings. The band decided that less complex drum patterns would be more suitable for their songs. (I'm not saying that the S/T drum beats are something special - you can understand that the drummer is not an experienced one; I think he was about 18). Simple, loud and fast 2-beat drum patterns is the main characteristic of the offspring songs.

Oh, and about the people saying that Atom is the perfect replacement... I'm not going to compare the two as drummers, but didn't you realise that now the live shows sound a bit lighter? I can play many of the offspring songs and I've seen the offspring live with Atom 3 times, and I can tell that he cannot follow the original drum recordings. As an example, he keeps playing the high-hat petal in Gotta Get Away, he changes the fills in What Happened to You, and he never hits the drums as hard as Ron did. Atom is here to continue what Ron started, not to change it. Have any of you drummer-boys tried to play 2-beat patterns in a tempo higher than 160 bpm, hitting as hard as you can, and maintain your stamina up to the end? I don't think so. If you liked the offspring songs so far, you should say that Ron is the best "OFFSPRING drummer", not a boring one.

user name
07-02-2005, 11:59 PM
i like atom he has a cool name! :D

hey who wouldnt want names liek atom or dexter! :)

neocon58
07-03-2005, 12:11 AM
the drummer is SHIT he has th worst lines ever and they are so fuckin ordinary and boring

well considering those r my words i suggest that you shut the fuck up

you are a fucking retard

Also, Atom is playing exactly the same shit Ron was, so how the fuck do we know who's better? Why does it matter? I couldn't give two shits who plays drums for the offspring. However, Atom doubles the offsprings stage presence. Atom isn't afraid to let loose with crazy fills and shit like Ron was. Ron played to the studio recording most of the time, and atom does some different shit.

Amber
07-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Why is it that people are afraid of change? So many of you say "I'll go with Ron because he is the ORIGINAL drummer" Stop living in the past guys! Go to the band's bio page, read for yourselves who the drummer is--Atom Willard! So please everyone, just give him a chance, you won't be dissappointed! :)

platinumpt
07-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Shit, I thought I've answered this thread before!!! :mad:

Anyway, man, let's keep our focus on the songs, on the way they sound!!! If they sound cool, who cares about who is the better drummer!!! I like them both! I felt sad when Ron left, but what can we do about it, it was his decision! I actually thought The Offspring were going to end, that's the main reason I became sad... but now I'm happy again, because Atom is a great drummer too, with his own style, as Ron had his own, and the band looks great, and are kicking ass with their fuckin good new songs!!!!

I like the way Atom bangs his head in the concerts lol

scream
07-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Atom has tremendous energy that gets me pumped when I see The Offspring live or on video. Of course the whole band gets me going but when I saw Atom jamming on those drums with his "drum demeanor" I liven up even more. Just like in the new Can't Repeat video there's a part where Atom is filmed with a wicked huge smile on his face and that makes me smile. Ron is an awesome guy but he never seemed as half as energetic as Atom.