PDA

View Full Version : Sunny's tales of woe

Sunny
05-20-2005, 08:56 PM
I HAVE TO VENT OR I WILL KILL SOMEONE.

If you don't give a shit, don't read. It's not pleasant. Or fun. Or anything. It's me letting out all the pent up rage.
ASKJBDGLJB DGJLB DGDDL:MJTI)U($*#GH*)

First of, I sliced my finger open with an Xacto knife while putting together a book. Basically I cut off an entire chunk of meat on the side of my finger. I got blood all over said book and my teacher bitched at me. To make things worse, the finger bled on and off for 2 days and now appears disfigured. I have been told that it might need a plastic surgeon. Yes. Surgery for my fucking index finger.

It gets better...

So my fiance and I are moving out of our apartment. After having spent 3 days packing and moving all our shit, pulling a lot of muscles, bruising limbs and freaking out, we decided to go get some sleep. There was still some stuff left over (that didn't fit in our boxes), and we decided to pick it up today at 10:30 am when we let the cleaners in. Logical, right? We rush to the apartment today only to find out that someone is already there - someone who is apparently sent by the landlord, someone who doesn't have a good grasp on the English language, and most importantly, someone who just threw out all of our shit.

Said shit including, yet not limited to:

a pair of designer hand made pants (completely irreplaceable if that's a word)
a HP color printer
5 limited edition posters (worth around $500)
down pillows (worth around $200)
a bike pump
art supplies
various cords and device chargers

Infuriated, we call the landlord, who claims that none of our stuff was actually *thrown out*. We bitch and yell and threaten them to the point that they empty the trash compactor and every trash bag in the building..... and do NOT find our stuff (other than the $500 posters torn & crumpled up in a bag).

Fun right?
Fuckers better pay us for all the shit they threw out.. seeing as the guy was NOT supposed to be there, did NOT have our permission to touch ANYTHING, and did NOT bother getting in touch with us before he decided to get rid of our stuff.

Think that's bad?

I plugged my beloved laptop to charge. Suddenly I heard a loud crackling sound and blue and orange electricity bolts shot out of my computer's power socket. The smell of smoke filled the room shortly afterwards. Keep in mind, the computer has been in my lap the whole time. I jumped up screaming "WHAT THE FUCK AHHHHH HOLY FUCK WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED". Defective power plug, that's what. I had a panic attack with chest pains which never quite went away.. and I'm not surprised, cause hey, my computer just shot out lightning bolts, and almost fried me (and itself). Thankfully, the actual machine is undamaged (if not counting the date being set to December 1969). I spent 5 hours at the Apple store today waiting to get it replaced.

In other words, I have a fucked up finger, chest pains, I'm sore, sleep deprived and pissed off. I tore a muscle in my side picking up boxes. I almost got electrocuted by my own computer, and I don't have my lovely down pillows or my awesome pants. I hate everyone. Real bad.

:(

JohnnyNemesis
05-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Fucking hell, Sunny! As I read more and more, I was like "you've got to be kidding me! This can NOT get worse!"...and it just kept getting worse anyway.

As far as some of the lost items, is there any hope, at least a little bit, of recovering them? And you're right, no matter where it comes from, that shit better be repaid. Who the hell throws out a friggin printer so quickly?!

Argh, and I hope your finger is healing nicely. Don't even stress being bitched at about some book, your finger was damn near sliced open! The book doesn't deserve attention.

The slight tinge of guilt I felt for waking you up earlier has turned to full blown remorse :[. You need some rest!

Either way, I'm hoping you feel better sooner than later.

Faded Soul
05-20-2005, 09:14 PM
daaaaaaaamn I hate how landlords take it upon themselves to take stuff out and THROW it away, let alone steal it. I bet the rest of the stuff, was stolen. they probably thought the posters weren't worth a thing. bastards.

Not Ozymandias
05-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Cheer-up time:
http://www.cryingwhileeating.com/

Sunny
05-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Rick - Thanks! :) I'm sorry if i sounded bitchy on the phone, which I'm afraid I did. ;x I was really grumpy and, well, not all that awake. Don't feel bad though, you called me when I was on the train. Yes, I passed out on the train! *whines* It's a good thing you woke me up, I would've missed my stop and ended up in Stamford, CT. >_<

FadedSoul - I know, it's RIDICULOUS, isn't it? It's frustrating beyond belief, too. The stuff is probably gone forever, seeing as it was valuable. As for the posters, they were actually rolled up in protective cardboard tubes, so the bastard actually made the effort to take them out of the tubes, rip them up and crumple them. Morons..

Ozy - ew!

JohnnyNemesis
05-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Rick - Thanks! :) I'm sorry if i sounded bitchy on the phone, which I'm afraid I did. ;x
Haha, you definitely sounded less than happy on the phone, but it's totally cool because I know how it is to wake up and be all groggy and everything. I understand! We'll reschedule again, because dammit, we're gonna do this thing already! Whether it cheers you up, some tea or fries or whatever should at least make some progress in that area.

Sin Studly
05-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Take it to livejournal, hotness. How come we don't get to MSN anymore? :(

Seiraryu
05-21-2005, 03:55 AM
That...is bad. I had a day like that. Got fired, broke my wrist and my computer exploded...in a day. My condolences, and I hope you get paid for all that stuff.

Koobie
05-21-2005, 04:23 AM
don't worry, there's still time for things to go terribly wrong.

RXP
05-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Sunny seek a solictors advice about the land lord throwing your stuff out. You prolly have a damages claim.

Never knew your bf was your fiance either! Congrats :-)

Sorry your having a bad time.

JoY
05-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Mags, argh.. I won't even try to hug you. if I were you now, I'd hit anything within a range of 1.5 meters. I don't know what to say. obviously you just need to fucking vent & no positive sugar-coated baby flower-talk ("poor darling, it's all going to be just fine") right now, so I'm assuming I'm not really expected to say anything either. let's just HOPE everything will be remotely fixed. somehow, one way or another. there has to be a cute, bunny-like insurance that can help you out with the stuff.

nieh
05-21-2005, 07:19 AM
If your landlord doesn't give you anything back, take them to court. They had no right being in there and they had no right taking your things (which they obviously did, otherwise they would've been in the trashbags, correct?). You might not be able to get the stuff back but you can definitely get some money for it. Also, you can always kick a hole in the wall somewhere before you leave to vent. It's not like you're gonna be living there anymore.

Linda
05-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I totally agree with Nieh. Sue them!

I sure hope you don't have anymore days like that, Sunny. *hugs* <3

Sin Studly
05-21-2005, 02:20 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/AmonGoth/horrific%20horror/BURNyourEYES.jpg

Linda
05-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Justin, I only have one thing more to say to you.
You are truly a very sad individual, I feel sorry for you.
I also feel very sorry for all the individuals here who
copy everything you do. It's sad...very very sad.

Sin Studly
05-21-2005, 02:37 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/AmonGoth/horrific%20horror/BURNyourEYES.jpg

Mota Boy
05-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Sunny, I'd hug you if it could make you feel better. Alternately, I'd let you beat me around the head and torso for half an hour if it'd make you feel any better. I'm flexible.

Camilamazed
05-22-2005, 01:14 AM
I know what you're going through...... I'd feel way mad if someone threw out my stuff..... I'd break the landlord's nose before sueing him :mad:

Hope you're better lady

Faded Soul
05-22-2005, 02:00 AM
FadedSoul - I know, it's RIDICULOUS, isn't it? It's frustrating beyond belief, too. The stuff is probably gone forever, seeing as it was valuable. As for the posters, they were actually rolled up in protective cardboard tubes, so the bastard actually made the effort to take them out of the tubes, rip them up and crumple them. Morons..

take it to claims court. if I were you, I wouldn't let this go. knowing you, you should make their lives hell for fucking you over like that. hope you have reciepts for everything! good luck.

RXP
05-22-2005, 02:56 AM
He has gotta have broken some sort of tort in what he did. Also if your lease hadn't expired and he entered your premesis and threw stuff out he's def. broken the law. ANd milk those limited edition posters. Say they were worth loads more.

_ߥ_vil_
05-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Awww...poor Sunny.

I hope things get better. Get married and have lots of very beautiful kids!!!

*hugs*

Sunny
05-22-2005, 09:50 AM
thanks, everyone.. *hugs all around* i'm feeling a little better now that I let off some steam. ;/we're definitely not going to let this go, and they're gonna regret ever touching our stuff. taking it to court is definitely an option... either way, we're gonna give them hell. bastards.

I STILL MISS MY PILLOWS, they were so soft.

nieh, i'd love to kick a hole in the wall, but that'd probably get in the way of me getting my security deposit back. ;[

Justin, get rid of these pictures. they have nothing to do with this thread. urg.

Vera
05-22-2005, 02:07 PM
:[

*supermegawarm internet hugs for Sunny*

Wish I was in New York so I could give you those for real.

Thus am super envious of Rick. :/

But dude! LOVE. MISS YOU.

Betty
05-22-2005, 02:43 PM
My god, Sunny.

Something seems really, really WRONG about that situation. Like, did somebody steal the stuff? Why would they deliberately trash it so quickly?

Bah, anyway, good luck. I feel the urge to swear and punch for you.

neocon58
06-21-2005, 04:17 AM
christ. that sucks major.

hope you figure your shit out.

Almighy_gir
06-21-2005, 09:26 AM
ahhhh poor sunny =[

get compensation from the landlord, 1. for trespassing (as far as im aware, only the landlord him/herself may enter the property without due authority). and 2. for criminal damages.

that should sort out everything except the immediate need for pants (cant see that as a major problem for anyone BUT yourself haha) and pillows...i understand that one, as long as i have one of my own pillows, i can sleep under ANY circumstance :P

other than that. good rant. i feel bad for you =[

and now back to feeling bad about me! \o/

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Poor Sunny. It kind of seem like your entire life is nothing more then a string of constant misfortunate events. You never get any slack, do you? Poor Sunny...

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I remember on the old board when I mentioned Sunny was hot and Sic ^ said I was "a pre-pubescent little fuckstick" and that I should "keep my eyes off what doesn't belong to me." Ah, good times.

Hey Mags, how did all that shit work out?

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 12:47 PM
She ended up leaving me for a shitty drummer in a shitty band, he ended up making her miserable, so she left him for a slightly overweight but entertaining art student who I've gotten to accept as the lesser of two evils.

Vera
06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
And what are you if her guy is the lesser of two evils? Saint Schuyler?

SicN Twisted
06-21-2005, 01:49 PM
No, i'm the beginning and the end, alpha and omega, sex and death, good and evil. I am everything everyone loves and hates, resents and aspires to be. I am your best friend and your worst enemy, creation and destruction. Whadya think, that's the no brainer!

sKratch
06-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Despite him being a dick here in this thread, youch... that's gotta sting.

Sunny
06-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Bah. Deleted. I felt too bad about doing this online.

Just a Girl
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
did this ever get sorted out? i was gonna reply when this was first posted cos it sounded really shitty and i felt really sorry for you about it, but i couldn't think of anything to say that wasn't cheesy/that would help in anyway. but i'd be interested to know if you got anywhere with getting compensation or anything?

JohnnyNemesis
06-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Bah. Deleted. I felt too bad about doing this online.
But you didn't do anything worse than he did. Seriously.

And I'm someone who thinks both of you are awesome.

Kerr
06-21-2005, 04:31 PM
This thread is fairly old so, I hope by now, your problems are solved Sunny.