05-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Take a random song from your playlist/mp3 playlist/whatever;
and explain what the song is about, when it was made,
by which band, what it sounds like,
and what you think of it.

you can do more than one song))

Song: Oxygene 2
Artist: Jean Michel Jarre
There isn't a plot, since there are no lyrics.
The music is electronic.
It sounds kind of like video game music, though much more high tech.
trippy in general. Pretty calm. great for relaxing)

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Song: Gotta Get Away
Artist: Do I really have to tell you?
I forgot what it meant.
It's rock.... and it makes me feel good?

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:05 PM
the problem with this gay thread is after you type your response nobody will ever read it. Making anything you write useless. And we already have 8 or 9 completely useless threads on this page alone.

you made a response to it..... idiot. And you obviously had to read it to make that assumption..... idiot.

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:10 PM
the problem with this gay thread is after you type your response nobody will ever read it. Making anything you write useless. And we already have 8 or 9 completely useless threads on this page alone.
Hey. How about you shove your worthless little opinion up your butthole?)))

In fact the reason I made this thread was to see what some people on this forum, whose music tastes I respect would say. Then judging by what people say about the music they listen to, I will chose what bands to look further into.

I just didn't want to make another "recommend me bands" topics, because then I end up with morons like you suggesting "bad religion and ramones".

And please never reply to my threads again. thankyou

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:12 PM
I just didn't want to make another "recommend me bands" topics, because then I end up with morons like you suggesting "bad religion and ramones".

what's wrong with Bad Religion?

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:12 PM
And yes, I read it, and after doing so, replied that it is my opinion that this is a quite useless thread, and we have enough of those.

Please, point out the person that asked for your opinion, you dumbfuck.

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:13 PM
This thread is gay knows that he's lost.

Punk_Conspiracy
05-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Bad Religion own you, fool!

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:15 PM
what's wrong with Bad Religion?

Just the fact, that recomending it to someone is useless considering that anyone who knows the Offspring knows Bad Religion.
Of course some people aren't quite smart enough to draw that connection.

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:17 PM
why, opinions are what these little boards are all about. You have your little desk and little chair, as i have mine, safe in our houses. We type in our keyboards little insults to feel cool. But the difference is I am cool and your gay.

Wake up my dear, "cool" is no longer "hip".
And why, you are correct, I am gay.
Did the rainbow in my signature give it away?

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:18 PM
why, opinions are what these little boards are all about. You have your little desk and little chair, as i have mine, safe in our houses. We type in our keyboards little insults to feel cool. But the difference is I am cool and your gay.

you idiot, you just trapped yourself there.

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:25 PM
how is that?

We type in our keyboards little insults to feel cool. But the difference is I am cool and your gay .

note that after you say that we insult people to feel cool, you call yourself cool after insulting others by calling them gay.

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:27 PM
note that after you say that we insult people to feel cool, you call yourself cool after insulting others by calling them gay.

I'm not insulted.

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm not insulted.

it doesn't matter whether people are insulted or not, the only thing that matters is that he tried.

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:30 PM
whatever helps him sleep at night.

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:37 PM
whatever helps him sleep at night.

he doesn't sleep.

DirtyMagical
05-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Okay, so you've already embarassed yourself in this thread. Now, the logical thing would be to leave.

Homer
05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm not embarrased. I stated my dislikings in this thread's topic and my reasons why. This was followed by a series of lame insults and comebacks.

well, I'm sure that they those insults and comebacks weren't intentional.

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm not embarrased. I stated my dislikings in this thread's topic and my reasons why. This was followed by a series of lame insults and comebacks.

If that's what you think happened....
Your reading skills are lacking.
Now please. Go.

original_prankster
05-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Song: Holiday
Artist: Green Day

The song is basically about the war. How it's wrong to kill people for no good reason. "President Gas-Man" obviously means he's full of hot air. "Hear the sound of the falling rain coming down like Aramgeddon's flames" sounds like bombs to me. Another anti-bush/anti-war song. One of the better ones. I hate the fact that it's a single, though. St. Jimmy would be MUCH BETTER as a single! :D

arak0r
05-22-2005, 12:24 AM
oh katelyn you lovely wench :p was listening to some.. hardcore earlier >_<

brisk - airhead. good track :\

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 01:12 AM
oh katelyn you lovely wench :p was listening to some.. hardcore earlier >_<

brisk - airhead. good track :\

OMFG!!!!!shift1!!!
you got scooter in yer sig ROx0rZ!!!

HornyPope
05-22-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm listening to Echoes (Pink Floyd of course). I don't know what the hell the song is aobut. Suddenly its a product of an acid trip. With lyrics like:

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
The echo of a distant tide
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

And no one showed us to the land
And no one knows the wheres or whys
But something stirs and something tries
And starts to climb toward the light

I wouldn't dout it.

arak0r
05-22-2005, 02:42 AM
OMFG!!!!!shift1!!!
you got scooter in yer sig ROx0rZ!!!
ahahhaa
yes! figured if anyone recognized it, itd be you :p prolly their most mellow song ever tho :o

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 02:49 AM
ahahhaa
yes! figured if anyone recognized it, itd be you :p prolly their most mellow song ever tho :o

Hmm.. I think, I could think of a more mellow one, can't think of it's name right now though =/ I'll tell you when I figure it out=P
I fucking love the one in your sig though, it's so... "midnight walk" like))

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 02:50 AM
I'm listening to Echoes (Pink Floyd of course). I don't know what the hell the song is aobut. Suddenly its a product of an acid trip.

Did you mean "certainly"? And I agree, it's gotta be)

HornyPope
05-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Did you mean "certainly"? And I agree, it's gotta be)

Yeah either that or "probably". I don't remembver. Check out the song btw. Its awesome shiot. Don't think its your style much but daaamn it owns.

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 02:57 AM
Song: Femme Fatale
Artist: Velvet Underground and Nico
It's abuot a girl:

lyric sample:

You're written in her book
You're number 37, have a look
She's going to smile to make you frown, what a clown
Little boy, she's from the street
Before you start, you're already beat
She's gonna play you for a fool, yes it's true

This songs also very mellow, hard to describe the style, but nothing you woudn't expect from Lou Reed.

DirtyMagical
05-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Yeah either that or "probably". I don't remembver. Check out the song btw. Its awesome shiot. Don't think its your style much but daaamn it owns.

Vlad, you must be doubting my music taste. =(
I have/know/love that song.)

arak0r
05-22-2005, 02:59 AM
Hmm.. I think, I could think of a more mellow one, can't think of it's name right now though =/ I'll tell you when I figure it out=P
I fucking love the one in your sig though, it's so... "midnight walk" like))

werd. i love it. hence sig :p was even aim profile for the longest time. hah.

HornyPope
05-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Vlad, you must be doubting my music taste. =(
I have/know/love that song.)

Ok fine you rule!

Betty
05-23-2005, 12:12 AM
I kinda agree with the guy who posted about the thread being not good, just because it's true that very few people will actually read what you write. One day I uploaded some of my favourite songs in the whole world to the take a download/leave a download thread and they might not even have been touched. That'll teach me!

Umm...

New Order - Crystal

I downloaded this song maybe 6 months ago, forget why, and fell in love, and it has since been on my playlist, well, basically every time I decide to listen to mp3s. I'm not sure if it's a radio song and I just missed it, or not.

Description... umm... 80's - sound... damn catchy?

DirtyMagical
05-24-2005, 12:32 AM
I kinda agree with the guy who posted about the thread being not good, just because it's true that very few people will actually read what you write. One day I uploaded some of my favourite songs in the whole world to the take a download/leave a download thread and they might not even have been touched. That'll teach me!

Umm...

New Order - Crystal

I downloaded this song maybe 6 months ago, forget why, and fell in love, and it has since been on my playlist, well, basically every time I decide to listen to mp3s. I'm not sure if it's a radio song and I just missed it, or not.

Description... umm... 80's - sound... damn catchy?

bah! I guess a "Recomend bands" topic would work better.
Although, you're wrong, and I did read every relevant reply this thread recieved.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any songs I don't already have=(

And I agree with you on New Order)