PDA

View Full Version : 3D prophet graphics card.

Noodles is gay
05-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Hey, my dad just gave me this graphics card and i was wondering if it's any good. It says it's a 3D prophet (kyro series), made by 'Hercules', 4000XT, 64mb.

I have no idea what most of that means and I know a load of you people are a bit more 'techno' than me, so yeah, is it any good? And also will it allow me to play ROME:total war?

cheers.

Jimbob2005
05-22-2005, 05:57 AM
I have honestly no idea, but the best normally come from the nVidia or the Radeon range.

Besides that, Hi Jen!

notoriousdoc
05-22-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey, my dad just gave me this graphics card and i was wondering if it's any good. It says it's a 3D prophet (kyro series), made by 'Hercules', 4000XT, 64mb.

I have no idea what most of that means and I know a load of you people are a bit more 'techno' than me, so yeah, is it any good? And also will it allow me to play ROME:total war?

cheers.

I don't know much about it, but it should play Rome:toital war if you've got enough RAM

Anyway, how you doin' Jen?

Noodles is gay
05-22-2005, 06:04 AM
hey both of you!

Doc: I can play ROME, but when i take my soldiers into battle I just get their shadows displayed - no men! So it's a bit crap really. I have an extremely bad graphics card now but a load of RAM (480MB). also I can't play the sims 2 right now! :(

RXP! do you know? please!

notoriousdoc
05-22-2005, 06:08 AM
hey both of you!

Doc: I can play ROME, but when i take my soldiers into battle I just get their shadows displayed - no men! So it's a bit crap really. I have an extremely bad graphics card now but a load of RAM (480MB). also I can't play the sims 2 right now! :(

RXP! do you know? please!

It'll work then definitely then, I played a Rome demo on my rig (2.8Ghz, 256 RAM, 64MB onboard graphics etc.) and it worked OK. The main problem was the RAM, I'm gonna get more.

The bottom line is it WILL work

notoriousdoc
05-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Ooh, ooh, I just checked it for you:

CPU: 1.0 GHz
Mem: 256 MB RAM
GFX: 64 MB 3D Vid Card

Noodles is gay
05-22-2005, 06:10 AM
ok then, wicked.

cheers, I'll probably put it into my computer then (which will result in system failure and the HDD being erased... :eek: ) yes, I'll do that now.

later/