PDA

View Full Version : Passing Class Whether You Deserve To Or Not

original_prankster
05-22-2005, 03:19 PM
My mom came home from school pissed off about something. She said that students that don't even deserve it are getting C's and passing class while she works hard for her A's and B's. It's the RULES AT THAT SCHOOL to let them pass with a C unless it's Math or Science! They can't even mark student's papers with red pens because it might "hurt their self-esteem!" Can you believe this? :confused:

Little_Miss_1565
05-22-2005, 03:45 PM
She's busting her balls for A's and B's and other students are getting C's...and she's complaining? Grade-grubbing is a disease and must be stopped.

And it's proven that when teachers mark up papers with red pen, students are much less likely to pay attention to the corrections and just think that they're 'dumb kids.' Teachers pushing to use other colors of ink when grading are the teachers that believe that there are more important things to get out of school than grades--and they're right.

original_prankster
05-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Did you even read that thoroughly? That's not what she's complaining about.

Students that should have F's are getting C's and passing whether they deserve to or not.

Little_Miss_1565
05-22-2005, 03:48 PM
She's a <i>student</i>. Who does she think she is to decide what her classmates deserve or not?

original_prankster
05-22-2005, 03:50 PM
THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEAN!

The school is letting people who shouldn't be getting a C- get a C- unless it is math or science. It's this particular schoolboard's rules for some odd reason, and even the teachers think it's rediculous.

Little_Miss_1565
05-22-2005, 03:53 PM
THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEAN!

The school is letting people who shouldn't be getting a C- get a C- unless it is math or science. It's the Citrus county rules for some odd reason, and even the teachers think it's rediculous.

Well, that's different, and you might want to consider making your points a little clearer in future posts. Why local government would even want to involve itself in something like grades is beyond me.

original_prankster
05-22-2005, 03:55 PM
It's beyond me, too. When I get a paper with red marks, I know I did something wrong so I try and fix it next time I'm given a similar assignment. There is nothing wrong with red pen. Plus, the law is stupid because Florida is going to be full of idiots in the future. If someone deserves an F, give them an F. If someone actually deserves that C, then give them that C.

Should this be in the Politics section?

Homer
05-22-2005, 03:58 PM
And it's proven that when teachers mark up papers with red pen, students are much less likely to pay attention to the corrections and just think that they're 'dumb kids.' Teachers pushing to use other colors of ink when grading are the teachers that believe that there are more important things to get out of school than grades--and they're right.

well, those kids must be idiots if the color of a pen changes the way they thinks.

ThrashedThrasher
05-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Not like this is very relevant, but at my school the grading system is totally different from teacher to teacher, you could have all A's, but a F in one class just because of the teacher's fucked up system.

I have to bust my ass to maintain a fucking A- in science because my teacher grades things differently than the other 4 teachers I have. Science is the one class that fucks my GPA over because of the grading policy she has. Then again, my science teacher is a bit on the discriminitive side when it comes to me, I think it bothers her that someone like me can maintain such awesome grades.

In math, quite a few people are failing yet my teacher says if you turn in the first 10-15 assignments each trimester she won't fail you.

jason miller
05-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Not like this is very relevant, but at my school the grading system is totally different from teacher to teacher, you could have all A's, but a F in one class just because of the teacher's fucked up system.

I have to bust my ass to maintain a fucking A- in science because my teacher grades things differently than the other 4 teachers I have. Science is the one class that fucks my GPA over because of the grading policy she has. Then again, my science teacher is a bit on the discriminitive side when it comes to me, I think it bothers her that someone like me can maintain such awesome grades.

In math, quite a few people are failing yet my teacher says if you turn in the first 10-15 assignments each trimester she won't fail you.
yo whats up pepole?????

Little_Miss_1565
05-22-2005, 04:05 PM
well, those kids must be idiots if the color of a pen changes the way they thinks.

Obviously you're too much of an idiot to understand subliminal associations.

Homer
05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Obviously you're too much of an idiot to understand subliminal associations.

yes..... that's it.......

sarcasm..... duh.

Little_Miss_1565
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Don't you love how easy it is to say "it was sarcasm" or "I was just joking" when someone pwns you.