PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Fly

Shorty
11-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Its probably one of their most famous songs, but it pisses me off that anyone who hears it thinks the rest of their stuff is like that...anyone else feel the same?

nitropenguin!
11-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah I definetely feel the same. If I ask someone if they like The Offspring they're sometimes like "Oh yeah, they're awesome!" and they've only heard Pretty fly. lol but you know it's not *that* diff from their other stuff. I love that song.

phoenix
11-05-2004, 04:42 PM
yeah it annoys me a bit 2

laughitup15
11-05-2004, 09:03 PM
thats odd... it doesnt bother me at all, the more offspring fans the better!!

turb0negr0
11-05-2004, 09:48 PM
it sux because people say i like the offspring without even listening to them
they think the offspring is all pretty fly and hit that.
They don't even listen to any of their other songs

offspringbaby2004
11-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Its probably one of their most famous songs, but it pisses me off that anyone who hears it thinks the rest of their stuff is like that...anyone else feel the same?

Yes I feel the same. It maked me mad also when I am like "Yea, TheOffspring is my favorite band" and they are like "who?" and than I like name all these songs and than I finally get to "Pretty Fly For A White guy" and they are like "Oh ya, I know who they are!" TheOffspring are such a good band, it makes me sad to hear that the only know one song that doesn't even begin to define the band.

~mandy~

Julie
11-05-2004, 11:52 PM
^^Yup, I concur^^

Jebus
11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
I give thanks to god everyday for pretty fly

Alexa
11-06-2004, 12:52 AM
pretty fly is a really good song, but the most don't know the bands name. they just say, oh, pretty fly, that's a really good song, but if you ask them about the bands name, they don't know it.
that's terrible for all offspring fans^^

pie.
11-06-2004, 01:49 AM
yeah it annoys me a bit 2

me too...it gets irritating :mad:

by the way, turb0negr0, u wouldnt happen to be a member in musicianforums would you?(or is it just me)

dirty_magic
11-06-2004, 03:01 AM
yep i agree, all my mates who arnt offspring fans think all their music is either pretty fly, original prankster or hit that. it blatently isnt just that and they need to show people it isnt!

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-06-2004, 09:36 AM
What annoys me is people who think it's wrong to say that Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ are good songs.

rockthedrums61
11-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah, i realy hate posers who think they know the Offspring :mad:

Dumb Donut
11-06-2004, 09:56 AM
I agree but you gotta let them know that the offspring has diffrent styles

I give them my cd's to make them see that.

when I've let them hear 'self esteem' (i couldn't believe they didn't know it)
they asked for the cd, so.... you know what to do ;)

laughitup15
11-06-2004, 12:38 PM
people cant be offspring posers... just because there not obsesive about them like u doesnt mean that u have to judge them about it. songs like pretty fly is how i got into offspring and now i have all their cds. does that make me a poser?? and most people i know that have heard pretty fly or hit that know the name offspring.

Nitro Punk
11-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I think self esteem is the most known song by the offspring :D

Gabriel
11-06-2004, 02:37 PM
pretty fly sucks, and what more can I say? in my opinion many metals are laughting from the offspring couse 'pretty fly is comercial', but you know what? Iron's 'wicker man', Sabat's 'paranoid', Nirvana's "smells like..'and much much more, is the same crap, but pretty fly is in funny style, that's all. Offspring fans are listen to band couse they like other -great songs, if metals like example 'wicker man' the most- so what more can I say?

Gabriel
11-06-2004, 02:41 PM
I agree but you gotta let them know that the offspring has diffrent styles

I give them my cd's to make them see that.

when I've let them hear 'self esteem' (i couldn't believe they didn't know it)
they asked for the cd, so.... you know what to do ;)

that's what I mean- they liked 'self esteem' couse there's nothing to loghting from, anyway it's crap song to

offspringpunk137
11-06-2004, 08:11 PM
ppl wouldnt like them for those stupid poppy songs if they didnt make them the hits like instead of hit that they should have put in the noose on the radio or instead of pretty fly they could have put like the end of the line etc..

pretty_fly_white_guy858
11-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Yea. People who think they know every single freakin detail about a band when they only like one song like Pretty Fly. Not saying thats a bad song. Since its my screen name. lol

Zee
11-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Fucking great song, say what you say. Way too undervalued among you punkers. Awesome guitar parts, and Dexter's singing is purely great!

Tijs
11-10-2004, 07:16 AM
I gotta agree with Zee here. Just the fact that the song has a colorful videoclip and some girls yelling "Give it to me baby" doesn't make the song being a bad song. I'd say it's one of the best songs on Americana.

Strider
11-10-2004, 09:41 AM
The song is good, no doubt. And its lyrics represent perfectly what the band's ideology is...or whatever you call that thing. But I don't like it very much because I prefer "faster" ones, such as Mota or No Brakes.

Gabriel
11-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Pretty fly as a good song?? no no no! Pretty fly as a comercion- that's how it is :cool:

Strider
11-10-2004, 09:48 AM
It's so bad..when a song becomes popular, people say it's just commerce stuff. But hey, you may have a point.

Cornholio
11-10-2004, 09:54 AM
The song ROcks

Inuyasha
11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
yeah, my classmates only know one song: original prankster o_O
you ask them if they know the offspring and they go like "oh yeah the video with the little kid blablabla...."
but it doesnt bother me at all
and i think pretty fly is a great song and one of my favorites o.o

Special Delivery BR.
11-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Yea, i feel the same sometimes...... many ppl says that like the offspring, and the only songs they know is " Pretty FlY" , " hit that" and " why dont you get a job" .. its ridicle.....

Strider
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Maybe the media thinks that if they showed real punk stuff to us, some would be scared or something like that. That's why radio stations only play the "slowest" hits such as Why Don't You Get a Job or Hit That. Never ever have I heard e.g. All I Want on the radio. That's why some ppl say Offspring is crap: they only know the slow hits.

Ele
11-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Pretty Fly is a very nice song!! My friend and I invented a little choreography with pretty fly, it's had a great success!! :D :D

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 12:02 PM
everyone loves pretty fly, great lyrics, i think thats why i like it

Danielle
11-11-2004, 05:25 AM
Im tryin to play pretty fly on the guitar at the moment, but I've only been playing the guitar for 2 months now so I'm not very gud at it... shud get beta with practice though :)

-Juan Pablo-
11-11-2004, 05:57 AM
pretty fly is the worst song........... offspring isn't pretty fly

too_close_to_see
11-11-2004, 06:00 AM
I hate this song.

Horse
11-11-2004, 06:07 AM
it comes on a tie with original prankster n wdygaj for their worst song..

i met sum1 the otha day at a party who said they lyked offsprings old stuf lyk pretty fly.. i walked away n neva spoke to them again.. i decided they were too far gone to even recieve education..

Zee
11-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Pretty Fly is a very good live song too, not only that it's a great song, but the crowd is usually pretty into it...

Noodles has some funny ways to play the verses in Pretty Fly, as you can see from the recent Sao Paolo videos. What a pelvis movement... :p

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-12-2004, 08:17 AM
well, i dunno, offspring keeps releasing songs like that, so its not really all the listeners fault. dont get me wrong, i like those songs, but i prefer their more punk rock stuff.

samr
11-12-2004, 08:18 AM
It's an alright song. Nice to listen to every now and then.

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Fucking great song, say what you say. Way too undervalued among you punkers. Awesome guitar parts, and Dexter's singing is purely great!

Don't forget the cowbell! All cool songs have cowbells!!!

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-12-2004, 09:40 AM
i have a fever! and the only prescription is more cowbell!
i'm just like you guys, i put my pants on one leg at a time, except after that, i make gold records.

Jerry
11-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I hate the part when some girls are singing 'give it to me baby' and dexter 'aha aha!' but the main guitar riff is really great! Rocks! :)

Jerry
11-12-2004, 10:10 AM
i met sum1 the otha day at a party who said they lyked offsprings old stuf lyk pretty fly.. i walked away n neva spoke to them again.. i decided they were too far gone to even recieve education..

did you meet sum 41 on a party? maby i'm stupid but i don't understand.... how?

dextra
11-12-2004, 11:40 AM
I like this song, but a lot of people know only Americana.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Its the only shit song they have done.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
12-27-2004, 07:06 PM
it comes on a tie with original prankster n wdygaj for their worst song..

wtf is wdygaj? Thats all Im asking. lol

bd007h
12-27-2004, 07:11 PM
It annoys the hell out of me, especially when people think the Offspring suck and they haven't heard anything pre - americana

Holger estonia
12-31-2004, 11:09 AM
i like pretty fly for a white guy. but some of my friends are listening ONLY that song,because theres that gimmy gummy baby and thinks they are BIG offspring fans,bu if i let them listen some other offspring song then they say ma this band sucks

Offspring Pyro
12-31-2004, 04:22 PM
it sux because people say i like the offspring without even listening to them
they think the offspring is all pretty fly and hit that.
They don't even listen to any of their other songs

I totally agree. Some people try to talk to me about offspring when they see me weraring an offspring shirt, and all the songs they know is hit that and pretty fly

Offspring_01
12-31-2004, 04:35 PM
I hate when people say to you that the Offspring suck, and then you ask them why they think the Offspring suck and they say "Oh that Pretty Fly song or Original Prankster sucks" Then I ask them if they've heard any other song and they say no. It pisses me off because they only judge The Offspring on the one or two song(s) they've heard. Vice-versa as well. They say they are a huge fan of the Offspring, then you ask them what songs they like and they go "Oh, that new one (they don't even know the name) or the pretty fly one is good, I love them" I hate when people do that.
I agree with anyone who has already said the same thing as I. :D

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-31-2004, 05:18 PM
I hate when people say to you that the Offspring suck, and then you ask them why they think the Offspring suck and they say "Oh that Pretty Fly song or Original Prankster sucks" Then I ask them if they've heard any other song and they say no. It pisses me off because they only judge The Offspring on the one or two song(s) they've heard. Vice-versa as well. They say they are a huge fan of the Offspring, then you ask them what songs they like and they go "Oh, that new one (they don't even know the name) or the pretty fly one is good, I love them" I hate when people do that.
I agree with anyone who has already said the same thing as I. :D
i igree with you bro

shedingblacktears
01-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, mentioning the Offspring to many, they don't know who I am talking about, but if I say, "The Offspring, you know? They did "Pretty Fly for a White Guy"?" they know instantly and are like, "I love them" and they have only heard that song. Many times, I will broaden the person's horizon to the Offspring if they are one of my friends.

Many Times it doesn't bother me much.

(P.S. I am new to the boards, but have been an Offspring fan all my life)

4eh
01-02-2005, 04:04 PM
not really! i disn't meet people that "like the Offspring" only because Pretty Fly, they say: " i like some of them" not "i like them"!

Sam
01-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Many of my friends know pretty fly... but they also know can't get my head around you and everytime I show them another song just like all I want they don't like it !!!!!!!!!!! and I also hate when they say : do you know good song of the offspring? and they only know pretty fly and can't get my head around you

hey offspring pyro where did you brought offspring shirts ( I'm from argentina)

Rusticangel0891
01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
i hate it when ill be talking to my friends and they'll ask me who im listening to ((i always have my mp3 player w/me)) and ill say offspring and they'll say who? and i always have to say pretty fly for a white guy cuz thats the only song they know. All of them judge them from that song! it pisses me off. Ill force them to listen to more songs so they know!