PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Lost the War

Kristi920
05-22-2005, 05:55 PM
:mad: Don't you think Jennifer Lost the war should be on greatest hits? That song is fucking awesome, There aren't any songs from the self titled CD on the GH album, that pisses me off... :mad:

dark muffin
05-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah, and theres other songs that should be on there, like one fine day, mota, and alot more. Thats just what i thiink. I hope they make a volume 2

Kristi920
05-22-2005, 06:57 PM
my avatar and i want you to die

IdiotOfTheDay
05-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah, and theres other songs that should be on there, like one fine day, mota, and alot more. Thats just what i thiink. I hope they make a volume 2
You have them on the normal CDs. I'd prefer a whole new album. 0.o

Manic subsidal
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Get a cd burner, your favorite offspring mp3s, and make your own damn greatest hits. Easy as that, no need to make a topic about it.

Tis a very excellent song though..

Kristi920
05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I hate copying music, i feel like a loser for doing, like i'm stealing from them! :eek:

Manic subsidal
05-22-2005, 07:30 PM
If you have the actual album, it's ok, but I guess you don't..

Puppy
05-22-2005, 07:38 PM
It's called the greatest HITS. These "hits" are not determined by any single person, they are determined by the mass. Ask 1000 people to list their top 10 Offspring songs and Jennifer Lost The War will not end up on the top ten list. Sorry. I don't disagree that it's an awsome song. I love quite a few of the songs from the older albums myself. It's just that it's not one of THE greatest hits despite what you personally think.

~ P

Jack the Tripper
05-22-2005, 07:41 PM
The should all be on there. Except a 1 or 2 from Ignition, Americana, and CO1

Skip91
07-15-2005, 03:11 AM
I never realised what that song was about until I read the lyrics, and It didn't seem that nice. But It's one of my favourites Offspring songs because it rocks!

Preecey
07-15-2005, 04:51 AM
It's called the greatest HITS. These "hits" are not determined by any single person, they are determined by the mass. Ask 1000 people to list their top 10 Offspring songs and Jennifer Lost The War will not end up on the top ten list. Sorry. I don't disagree that it's an awsome song. I love quite a few of the songs from the older albums myself. It's just that it's not one of THE greatest hits despite what you personally think.

~ P
^ This guy is right. jennifer Lost The War cannot possibly appear on a greatest hits compilation.

More to the point, Jennifer Lost The War is an ok song, but not the best on the CD. It gets slightly annoying after a while, and is overshadowed by Elders, Out On Patrol, Crossroads, Beheaded, Blackball and I'll Be Waiting.

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 05:03 AM
^ This guy is right. jennifer Lost The War cannot possibly appear on a greatest hits compilation.

More to the point, Jennifer Lost The War is an ok song, but not the best on the CD. It gets slightly annoying after a while, and is overshadowed by Elders, Out On Patrol, Crossroads, Beheaded, Blackball and I'll Be Waiting.
Yep, agreed, my favorite is Crossroads. And, kristi920, what's the problem of creating your own CD with the songs you like most? You're not stealing from them... if you downloaded the mp3 from the internet, you have already stoled them... and if you bought the original albums, there's no problem with making your own compilation, as long as you don't make profits with that...

I have my own best of, here's the list of songs, not in order:
Out on patrol, crossroads; burn it up, lapd, dirty magic; self esteem, come out and play, bad habit, gotta get away; gone away, all I want, mota; why don't you get a job, tkaa, she's got issues, have you ever; special delivery, want you bad, original prankster, million miles away, denial revisited; neocon, the noose, long way home, hit that, cgmhay

I think I didn't forget any, I have 26 songs on the CD, it's at its full capacity:D

Preecey
07-15-2005, 05:07 AM
I never make my own offspring compilations because I change my mind too often about which ones I like best. Plus, I can't put them all on, can I?

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 05:12 AM
Yeah, but it's better to put about 20 songs in an unique cd than hanging around with all their albums playing favorite songs from each one... that compilation CD is the one I have in my car to hear on the way to work.

Hypodermic_89
07-15-2005, 05:13 AM
:mad: Don't you think Jennifer Lost the war should be on greatest hits? That song is fucking awesome, There aren't any songs from the self titled CD on the GH album, that pisses me off... :mad:

Read this: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11018

Preecey
07-15-2005, 05:15 AM
I suppose I could put on all the ones I listen to most on average. So that'd include Self Esteem, Crossroads, I'll Be Waiting and so on. If I got an iPod I could just put everything on. A top of the range model could store everything I own and only take up half the space on the thing.

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 05:22 AM
I suppose I could put on all the ones I listen to most on average. So that'd include Self Esteem, Crossroads, I'll Be Waiting and so on. If I got an iPod I could just put everything on. A top of the range model could store everything I own and only take up half the space on the thing.
Of course, you're absolutely right, the choice I made wasn't that easy! There are some days when I feel like hearing songs wich aren't in my compilation... like I Choose, which is a song I'm liking a lot right now, and I haven't put it there. So, it's kinda like an average liking...
My sis has got an iPod, that shit has an awesome capacity... but I prefer mostly to hear music on the computer, or in my car:)

Preecey
07-15-2005, 05:28 AM
There's just so much, though. Like, recently, I made an Offspring miscellaneous CD, and I started to listen to it a lot. I still do. But then, less than a week later, I managed to find even more miscellaneous tracks, so it looks like I'm going to have to make another one.

WebDudette
07-15-2005, 06:34 AM
Jennifer Lost the War is a great song it my favorite of the ST but they wouldnt put it on the GH on the cover of the greatest hits or the commercial or something it says "All The Offspring songs you know" the GH's is more for the people who's favorite or one of there favorite bands isnt The Offpsirng so they buy the GH witch has most of the songs they like plus Jenniger Lost the War was'nt a hit.

Preecey
07-15-2005, 06:38 AM
Jennifer Lost the War is a great song it my favorite of the ST but they wouldnt put it on the GH on the cover of the greatest hits or the commercial or something it says "All The Offspring songs you know" the GH's is more for the people who's favorite or one of there favorite bands isnt The Offpsirng so they buy the GH witch has most of the songs they like plus Jenniger Lost the War was'nt a hit.
^ What he said, but with more punctuation.

WebDudette
07-15-2005, 06:41 AM
Heh. Punctuation is'nt my strong point sorry.

offspring_freak_3
07-15-2005, 07:38 AM
you guys already had noticed that the track list of gh all have video clips?

punk_riOt
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Meh, even though it's a good song, it wasn't a great hit. so therefore wouldn't be on a greatest hits album.

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 07:44 AM
you guys already had noticed that the track list of gh all have video clips?
Yeah, of course, they're hits, all hits should have videos:)... and they missed a few songs, like MMA, Meaning Of Life and She's Got Issues, I don't know why...

Jack the Tripper
07-15-2005, 07:57 AM
IT WASN"T A HIT!

Little_Miss_1565
07-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Read this: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11018

^ word.

Greatest Hits does not mean Best Of. It means greatest commercial successes.

notkickass
07-15-2005, 09:12 PM
blackball kicks ass

coke_a_holic
07-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Kristi, stop whining.