PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: NRK! You can't sing worth shit!!

dirtymagiclinda
05-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Ok I was just browsing through these forums and I looked at nrk's all I want thread, and I downloaded his band's cover song. Dude... I laughed so hard, I just had to sign up at these forums and make a topic about it.

Your voice sounds like some dying animal. You remind me of those crappy auditions on american idol. Some people are gifted with a good voice and some just can't sing worth shit and you are one of them. Please for the love of god, stop singing. I suggest you try to do something else music-wise. I do give you props for trying to play that offspring song though since it is hard. I haven't heard anyone else do a cover of all i want so good job.

SkunkIt
05-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Your mother eats shit.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-23-2005, 01:48 PM
...Your mother poops you. (to the new girl)

dirtymagiclinda
05-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Your mother eats shit.

Grow up. Anyone else find his singing horrible?

Russel
05-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Damn, you're ignorant. Try singing all i want in regular key. It ain't easy, even Dexter has problems with it (just listen to any bootleg). I don't like the voice of the singer but one has to appreaciate his effort. He did it really well

dirtymagiclinda
05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Damn, you're ignorant. Try singing all i want in regular key. It ain't easy, even Dexter has problems with it (just listen to any bootleg). I don't like the voice of the singer but one has to appreaciate his effort. He did it really well

Yeah, I know the song is hard. I said he did a good job for doing that song. I haven't heard anyone else try that song. It's just I've never heard a voice worst than that. It's absolutely absurd..

SkunkIt
05-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Grow up. Anyone else find his singing horrible?Your mother should of had an abortion.

Gordie
05-23-2005, 01:56 PM
how about you shut the fuck up until you record YOU singing it BETTER than he did, and post it on here.. quit your complaining

Russel
05-23-2005, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=dirtymagiclinda]. It's just I've never heard a voice worst than that. QUOTE]
Believe me, there are people singing worse than that guy. He has the potential to become a good singer, he can almost reach that incredibly high notes. However they didn't have to put that song on the internet. I even kinda liked it though.

Cejus
05-23-2005, 02:08 PM
I like the song! The voice isn't perfect, ok, but it isn't such a bad cover as you say! :mad:

Tired_Of_You
05-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Why don't you sing it and post it here so we can laugh at you?

darko
05-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Okay, let me go Simon Cowell on your ass...!

Actually that was pretty good. It's hard to hit those high notes, huh? You'll get there. The singing actually reminded me of Jim from Pennywise during the verses (great compliment). I missed the Harmonies though. Tell the other guys to work on em. They're not too high. Your guitar player plays that song more cleanly than I do (not a great compliment). Really good drums and the bass seemed good (I didn't really listen to the bass. poor bass players, no love for them). Overall, it had a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10.

Keep it up. You guys are good.

Noodles doesnt seem to think sooo....

Fly White Guy
05-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Ugghhh. You can't sing worth a shit NRK!!! I laughed at you so hard! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Then again it was "All I wan't" and that's a hard song to sing, so good job.

That's basically what the new kid just said.
What the fuck? If you're gonna state something you'd better stick with it.

Revolver-2005?
05-23-2005, 02:42 PM
i thought it was a pretty good cover...

Tijs
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Some people are gifted with a good voice and some just can't sing worth shit and you are one of them.

How about this;
Let's take Billy Joe for example, Greenday's vocalist. A lot of people think he has a great voice. But if he'd sing All I Want, it wouldn't sound good at all. It all depends on what you want to do with your voice. Dexter can do songs like these very good, yet Billy Joe probably can't. Billy Joe can do the Greenday songs very well, and Dexter probably can't do most Greenday very well.
If you'd just listen to some of the songs of NRK's actual band (http://www.excessum.nl)*, their own songs, the voice sounds quite good. All I Want was just a bad choise when it comes down to the vocals.

Now please leave.

*NRK, you play in the Excessum right? Or am I horribly mistaking?

Manic subsidal
05-23-2005, 05:19 PM
I haven't heard anyone else do a cover of all i want so good job.

dammit, I recorded that song. It's in my sig, listen to it. Feel free to bash on it if you want, but some actual advice would help.

Kristi920
05-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Ok I was just browsing through these forums and I looked at nrk's all I want thread, and I downloaded his band's cover song. Dude... I laughed so hard, I just had to sign up at these forums and make a topic about it.

Your voice sounds like some dying animal. You remind me of those crappy auditions on american idol. Some people are gifted with a good voice and some just can't sing worth shit and you are one of them. Please for the love of god, stop singing. I suggest you try to do something else music-wise. I do give you props for trying to play that offspring song though since it is hard. I haven't heard anyone else do a cover of all i want so good job.
that was really harsh, what if someone said the same to you?

Kristi920
05-23-2005, 05:34 PM
dammit, I recorded that song. It's in my sig, listen to it. Feel free to bash on it if you want, but some actual advice would help.

It wasnt THAT bad, try to be louder! Put some of your personality into it, it sounded kinda plain, and like you were tired...it even kinda sounded like you didn't like the song. Good try, :)

Manic subsidal
05-23-2005, 05:40 PM
It wasnt THAT bad, try to be louder! Put some of your personality into it, it sounded kinda plain, and like you were tired...it even kinda sounded like you didn't like the song. Good try, :)

heh, I actually WAS tired when recording it. I had like a couple hours of free time at the house so I thought recording an offspring song would be a cool idea. So I quickly learned how to play the guitar part and I tried putting it all together. Maybe next time I record a song, I'll practice a little bit first. Ha thanks for the feedback though.

Kristi920
05-23-2005, 05:58 PM
:) no prob, it was cool

Nrk
05-24-2005, 09:14 AM
@Tijs: Yeah, that's me :)

Hmmmm, a topic about me. That's pretty cool. :cool:

Thanks for the people who think i have potential. I know all i want is a really hard song, but i just wanted to hear your reactions. I guess some people hate it, and some people think it's okay, I agree it needs work. we're just playing that song for a few weeks.

I've been singing since 2004 and have lessons since the end of april 2005. So i haven't had long experiences. Also, my vocals suit more to the style of Green Day, Pennywise etc. But Offspring's my favorite band, and i like to sing offspring songs.

Furthermore. I usually sing much lower. I know a lot of people who like my voice, even my teacher, she tells me every week what a great voice i have (and she is good, let me tell you that).

I could post some samples of my band here, but those mp3s are old and i sing much better now then i do on those Mp3's. But who gives a fuck.
Here it is:

www.excessum.nl/samples/end.mp3
www.excessum.nl/samples/dyingdays.mp3
www.excessum.nl/samples/2012.mp3

Nrk
05-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Those mp3's are recorded more then six months ago. I had NO lessons back then.

Tijs
05-24-2005, 10:21 AM
You guys are playing with Unadulterated soon aren't you? I've booked them for a festival 10th of june and I'll see them later that month on another festival where my friend's band are playing aswell.

SeanAshmore
05-24-2005, 10:29 AM
i agree with the new girl, i didnt like the cover. its one thing not doin the song in the original key which is fine cus its hard enuff (singing i mean) but dont do it a full octave below. thats why his voice sounded so terrible cus there was no power or effort in it because he sang it in a lower octave. if he had have raised the guitar or lowered the guitar, either way so he culd sing higher thus being able to put more strength into his voice and it would sound better.

ND*
05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
@Tijs: Yeah, that's me :)

Hmmmm, a topic about me. That's pretty cool. :cool:

Thanks for the people who think i have potential. I know all i want is a really hard song, but i just wanted to hear your reactions. I guess some people hate it, and some people think it's okay, I agree it needs work. we're just playing that song for a few weeks.

I've been singing since 2004 and have lessons since the end of april 2005. So i haven't had long experiences. Also, my vocals suit more to the style of Green Day, Pennywise etc. But Offspring's my favorite band, and i like to sing offspring songs.

Furthermore. I usually sing much lower. I know a lot of people who like my voice, even my teacher, she tells me every week what a great voice i have (and she is good, let me tell you that).

I could post some samples of my band here, but those mp3s are old and i sing much better now then i do on those Mp3's. But who gives a fuck.
Here it is:

www.excessum.nl/samples/end.mp3
www.excessum.nl/samples/dyingdays.mp3
www.excessum.nl/samples/2012.mp3

Yeah, but you forgot that song I like on the vocals :)

So here it is: http://www.excessum.nl/samples/useless.mp3

Exactly we play that song mutch faster then it is recorder :rolleyes:
I know you can sing Nrk. "All I Want" is cool to do and i know you can sing it better then you recorded.

For that one that should listen to more music.... and should think bigger about music...! and dont respect other bands..... If you dont like it , dont listen to it.

And I smash you down with my sticks if you say "i hate it becouse i'm punk"

ND*
05-24-2005, 10:44 AM
You guys are playing with Unadulterated soon aren't you? I've booked them for a festival 10th of june and I'll see them later that month on another festival where my friend's band are playing aswell.

We played a serveral times with them but i dont know for sure when we play with undalterated again.

It should be fun again :D

dirtymagiclinda
05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Man you guys are retards, to all the people who said that I shouldn't talk about his singing until I show you my voice... well, I already know I'm a crappy singer. The thing is I'm not that fucking stupid to let people hear it like NRK.

As for www.myspace.com/jimt Your cover sucks too. But at least it's better than NRK's. I'm impressed how you put it together by yourself, and so quickly, but you just didn't mix it right. By the way, what the hell are you doing all this rock shit anyways? I see that you're a saxophone player, just continue doing that. There's already enough lame bands like NRK out there.

Anyways, I'm really not going to post here much since I just wanted to make a topic on how NRK's horrible voice. So all of you people who hate me, then be happy because I'm leaving. Have fun with your exciting internet lives..

Cejus
05-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Wow, that's really amazing!! 'dirtymagiclinda' became a member of the forum just to say that this cover by Nrk was shitty???! That's sad! :mad:

Nrk
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Man you guys are retards, to all the people who said that I shouldn't talk about his singing until I show you my voice... well, I already know I'm a crappy singer. The thing is I'm not that fucking stupid to let people hear it like NRK.

As for www.myspace.com/jimt Your cover sucks too. But at least it's better than NRK's. I'm impressed how you put it together by yourself, and so quickly, but you just didn't mix it right. By the way, what the hell are you doing all this rock shit anyways? I see that you're a saxophone player, just continue doing that. There's already enough lame bands like NRK out there.

Anyways, I'm really not going to post here much since I just wanted to make a topic on how NRK's horrible voice. So all of you people who hate me, then be happy because I'm leaving. Have fun with your exciting internet lives..
I don't intend to flame anyone, but if you think that jimt cover was better, then I'm happy you think my cover sucked. No Offence!

Manic subsidal
05-24-2005, 05:39 PM
I see that you're a saxophone player, just continue doing that. There's already enough lame bands like NRK out there.

Definitely. I just wanted to try to play an offspring song since they're my favorite band but I'm not going to continue doing those type of songs. It was just for fun, to try something new you know? However, since I didn't really put in much effort for my cover on all I want, I kind of want to record one more offspring song, and actually work on it, and make it good. I'm still choosing on which song to do though. A lot of you might be like why the hell aren't you a guitar player? Well the truth is, I find it really boring. I love listening to bands that play all the powerchords and stuff but when I play the songs, it's just not as fun as to improvising on my alto. Besides, like you said, there's already enough lame rocks bands out there. What would be awesome to play on the guitar and what I want to learn is flamenco music. Oh man :cool:

Wow this kind of got off topic. Ha oh well, bye dirtymagiclinda.

SkunkIt
05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
....Tijs....Wow! I thought Tijs was gone! Also, you have a good voice! :)