PDA

View Full Version : Download these songs.

Sin Studly
05-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King (http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RRYVLR8R6RD22FTP8T59TKB0X)

Therion - O Fortuna (http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RRYVLR8R6RD22FTP8T59TKB0X)

nieh
05-23-2005, 06:58 PM
You posted the same link twice. I don't normally like rock covers of classical songs, but that Apocalyptica song is pretty decent.

the_GoDdEsS
05-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Apocalyptica are brilliant.

Rye
05-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Apocalyptica, nice. I have half of their Metallica covers, but I can't find the other half.

Gordie
05-23-2005, 07:26 PM
they did a cover of Unforgiven by Metallica too.. pretty good

Sin Studly
05-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Then I guess you guys miss out on O Fortuna, cause I've forgotten the link for it.

DirtyMagical
05-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Apocaliptica is great and all, but somehow I prefer Rasputina.
I hope I'm not the only one that relates the two bands to each other...

JoY
05-24-2005, 04:46 AM
I -adore- Apocalyptica. listening to what they're doing, to their ability, to their technique... they're fuckingly fantastic. my boyfriend is addicted to them too now, thanks to me. *friendly smile*

I'm ashamed to say I don't know Rasputina. I'll try to find some songs by them.

forgot to add, that I've played Hall of the Mountain King too with an orchestra. a thousand fucking times, until I got fucking sick of it. I think it's pretty fucking amazing they manage to replace an entire symphonic orchestra & give it a twist, that makes it original & fresh, as it was just written & new.

JoY
05-24-2005, 05:58 AM
just listened to Rasputina & I don't see in what way they can be compared to three metal-orientated violon chellists. I like 'em, though.

DirtyMagical
05-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Some of the songs have similar sound to them =/
I swear. No. really.

Rye
05-24-2005, 12:25 PM
just listened to Rasputina & I don't see in what way they can be compared to three metal-orientated violon chellists. I like 'em, though.

I thought it was four?

Sin Studly
05-24-2005, 12:29 PM
It's only two now.

Rye
05-24-2005, 12:30 PM
That's not going to work too well.

Camilamazed
05-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Great Songs :cool:

It's always nice to listen to something different from what you're used to. :D

JoY
05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Some of the songs have similar sound to them =/
I swear. No. really.
funny. somehow Apocalyptica often reminds me of Metallica. :confused:

aw no, I'm teasing. (LAME) Rasputina does seem to use classical instruments, or at least the sound of classical instruments now & then. (I'm basing this on four songs I've heard :o so yeah, just so you know from which body-hole I'm pulling my information) but they seem way less dark.

Jebus
05-24-2005, 06:55 PM
The song was okay but nothing spectacular. I can't see myself listening to the song again. They seem like the type of band I would listen to, but that particular song didn't do much for me.
Anymore Apocalyptica songs someone could recommend?

unny. somehow Apocalyptica often reminds me of Metallica.
I'm not seeing the correlation between Apocalyptica and Metallica :confused:

coke_a_holic
05-24-2005, 07:07 PM
If I remember correctly, Apocolyptica did a tribute to Metallica.

Sin Studly
05-24-2005, 07:19 PM
They started off doing nothing but Metallica and Sep covers, till they started doing their own original stuff.

DirtyMagical
05-24-2005, 10:03 PM
funny. somehow Apocalyptica often reminds me of Metallica. :confused:

aw no, I'm teasing. (LAME) Rasputina does seem to use classical instruments, or at least the sound of classical instruments now & then. (I'm basing this on four songs I've heard :o so yeah, just so you know from which body-hole I'm pulling my information) but they seem way less dark.

Rasputina has two cellos in it.
http://www.rasputina.com/biography01.html

JoY
05-25-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm not seeing the correlation between Apocalyptica and Metallica :confused:
silly *pokes* what Sin Studly said.
I actually -adore- their covers of Fade to Black, Unforgiven & One. I used to kind of like Metallica, as in "they're alright", but those covers.. I'm much more fond of them.

DM; that explains what I heard. but ..electric violon cellos, or acoustic ones? I'll look it up. but whatever they are, those obviously aren't the only instruments they use, which made them sound rather different to me. plus the fact that I think (again; from the four songs I managed to get my hands on) they sound less dark & WAY less metal-like.

JoY
05-25-2005, 01:17 AM
"Rasputina is an up-and-coming goth band based in New York. They are led by cellist Melora Creager, who backed Nirvana on their final tour. Rasputina is a cello trio, playing unique pop music."
wtf?! they're supposed to be goth? *raises eyebrow*