PDA

View Full Version : Per! (& all interested)

JoY
05-24-2005, 02:42 AM
I got a Creative mp3-player for my birthday & besides that it's terribly kick-ass & totally the bomb, it can record!! *bounce-bounce*

I bet you have a faint idea what this is going to be about, but anyway;
so I brought it to monday's rehearsel with the gypsy-band & recorded a little something for you. because I promised to let you hear something by us some time.<3 I hope you like it.

I know the song seems to go on forever & ever, but you must know it was just a practice & I let everyone play on, till it sounded remotely right to me. it's supposed to go faster & faster, but as I said, it isn't supposed to go on that long. at some point the pianist & I started doing a race, who could go faster without passing out. not a very fair race (as you'll probably hear), but a fun one anyway. try not to notice my horrifying techniques.

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ED4XDUA54XHW3HP5K2FI2MUHO

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 02:44 AM
What is the capacity of it? I want to get a 20GB harddrive mp3 player.

(reffering the the mp3 player part of your post, not the rest of it.)

JoY
05-24-2005, 03:06 AM
256 MB. so no, that's not an aweful lot. but I can put about 60 to 70 large songs on it & I can assure you that keeps me busy all the while I'm studying & am still able to concentrate. plus I can record 17 minutes, so I could do a short interview with it. or record my band, for instance. I only listen to it, when I'm traveling, or studying, or something like that, so I really don't need more.

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 03:09 AM
256 MB. so no, that's not an aweful lot. but I can put about 60 to 70 large songs on it & I can assure you that keeps me busy all the while I'm studying & am still able to concentrate. plus I can record 17 minutes, so I could do a short interview with it. or record my band, for instance. I only listen to it, when I'm traveling, or studying, or something like that, so I really don't need more.
I suppose it suits some people.

I would like a proper harddrive mp3 player to copy all my albums to so I don't keep having to change the selection of songs each night.

60 - 70 large songs... quite good. When I workout at the gym, I manage to get through 30 if I am staying for an extended time, and normally I don't even get through 20 songs (I copy some mp3's to a re-writable Cd and listen to that on my Cd player)

JoY
05-24-2005, 03:22 AM
60 - 70 large songs... quite good. When I workout at the gym, I manage to get through 30 if I am staying for an extended time, and normally I don't even get through 20 songs (I copy some mp3's to a re-writable Cd and listen to that on my Cd player)
that's exactly what I mean! most songs, like number 50 to 70, I don't even hear most of the times, since I'm too busy listening to the first ones. when I used to work out a lot (can't do that anymore, since my ankle is in bad state), I could go on for an hour & twenty minutes. even -then- I wouldn't have heard it all. not even close.

but Creative mp3-players are fucking expensive. I got this one for my birthday from my brother, his girlfriend, my aunt & my parents. & they weren't holding their wallets closed, so to say.

wheelchairman
05-24-2005, 03:23 AM
alrighty then Peaches, I'm downloading now.

*and* we have the same MP3 Player, yayzorz. I got 73 songs on it.

btw I bought this today.
http://www.bazaarontheweb.com/images/products/hookah/hooka_med_stainlessred_large.jpg

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 03:24 AM
but Creative mp3-players are fucking expensive. I got this one for my birthday from my brother, his girlfriend, my aunt & my parents. & they weren't holding their wallets closed, so to say.
Whoa... my mate got a 512 for 90 quid. The 20GB player I have in mind costs somewhat 250 !!!! Worse than a crappy iPod. There are other similar ones that cost around 150 which is a good price.

Can't remember the make of my mate's mp3 player - might be Sony (??)

JoY
05-24-2005, 03:33 AM
PER! fuckingly cool. you should bring that to Amsterdam, because I've never seen one in real life (I'm an anti-drug geek like that), but I would like to try it *some* time. with someone I trust & stuff.

you got that one, too?? whoa, now I consider it even more awesome. I had 57 songs on it (Apocalyptica takes up a LOT of space.. meh), but now even less, because I wanted as much recording time as possible, when in the end I recorded no more than 2.50 minutes, or something. I'll record more next wednesday, because there are so many more songs I want to let you hear. *bounces*

Edit: oo, oo, & I forgot to say, that in my avatar I'm listening to my darling Creative.

JoY
05-24-2005, 03:39 AM
Whoa... my mate got a 512 for 90 quid. The 20GB player I have in mind costs somewhat 250 !!!! Worse than a crappy iPod. There are other similar ones that cost around 150 which is a good price.

I don't know how expensive mine was, but the internet says it's between 100 & 160 euros.

uhh, wow.

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 03:40 AM
I don't know how expensive mine was, but the internet says it's between 100 & 160 euros.

uhh, wow.
Hmmm..converted to pounds gets to just about a similar price to that of my mate's.

Seiraryu
05-24-2005, 03:41 AM
I got an mp3 player a few days ago. It's pretty handy, especially since it has basically taught me that my musical library is small as fuck, since it can all fit in about 4 gigabytes. And I still have space left...

JoY
05-24-2005, 03:43 AM
yeah.. anyway, this is about the recording of Romanez. wiew!

wheelchairman
05-24-2005, 03:45 AM
ah heard the gypsy band playing, that's really good stuff. Very swingy. You people would be very popular in the pub scene methinks. And the violin was especially good. I don't know what you are so shy about. Y'all were swinging like Frank Sinatra on a dreidel.

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ID6ED0TE5HQN2OIT04TNHWEJF
Great song for an mp3 player. (Deine Lakaien, with the song, Return.)

If you put your songs in WMA format, they should be slightly smaller. so yay!

JoY
05-24-2005, 03:57 AM
*blush* thanks loads Per. very glad you liked it. our music is especially for parties & bars, just as background music. the second violin has got a great part in Clous (name of the song), but you can hardly hear her sadly. she plays two snares combined, having a low undertone, that is excellent for the rythm. then we have a viola (can't hear him very well, either), a bass, a clarinette, a cymbalist & a piano. unfortunately the clarinette has no part in this song & the cymbalist couldn't come.

if you listen to the recording closely you can hear me in the beginning, saying "go on, play". just a tiny, tiny impression of what my voice sounds like. *hides*

I'll immediately check out the song you posted.

I don't even know how to reformat them to WMA. *stupid*

wheelchairman
05-24-2005, 04:02 AM
It's not hard. Your Creative! MP3player should come with a CD-Rom. Install the program. Then find the song you want to change using the Create MediaSource Organizer. *right click* on the song, and click 'conver file format'. Then click on 'Set source Destination.' and that's that my dear friend.

And the sheesha, it's not a drug, don't worry. It's just fruit-flavored tobacco, so I can bring it to Amsterdam and we can smoke it. But you won't get any higher than with cigarettes (well you might feel a buzz at first. But that's just nice.)

JoY
05-24-2005, 04:06 AM
shows how much I know about it. *laughs*

& thanks for the info. I always wondered what the fuck that program was for. ehh, haha.

JoY
05-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Per, the song you posted; it's pretty dark, but soothing at the same time. funny; it's not my kind of music & still there's something about I like already, after having heard it only once.

Noodles is gay
05-24-2005, 04:35 AM
btw I bought this today.
http://www.bazaarontheweb.com/images/products/hookah/hooka_med_stainlessred_large.jpg

..........ARGH!

Damn you living in a liberal place! :mad:

RXP
05-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Those hard-drive ones are a waste of money atm. Unless you're loaded. Better to get ones that accept SD cards since you prolly already have a high capacity SD card which you could use for your mp3 player too. That's what I do.

JoY
05-24-2005, 05:40 AM
this topic is NOT about the fucking mp3-player, k?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-24-2005, 05:42 AM
:O Bella music! I am so listening to that once this song's finished. But it's a long song, so I'll give you my opinion in 10-15 mins or so.

wheelchairman
05-24-2005, 05:50 AM
Per, the song you posted; it's pretty dark, but soothing at the same time. funny; it's not my kind of music & still there's something about I like already, after having heard it only once.
Yeah it is kinda dark. The instrumental part is alright (it adds to the darkness), but I think it could be a lot better with guitars and base. The vocals are what really do it for me. oh and I did hear your voice in the recording as well. (I also remember hearing someone say something like 'okay') or something.

NiG- It's a hookah. Arabic tobacco smoking instrument, it's nothing illegal. You can buy them all over London.

RXP - I have no idea what you are talking about. But I wish you had told me before.

JoY
05-24-2005, 05:54 AM
:O Bella music! I am so listening to that once this song's finished. But it's a long song, so I'll give you my opinion in 10-15 mins or so.
yesss, do listen to it. NOW. *bounce*

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-24-2005, 06:07 AM
Haha, I loved it. It was extremely bouncy, which is always fun. I'm actually surprised how much I liked it, considering it's not really my thing. And the race was funny. :p

JoY
05-24-2005, 06:12 AM
yay, glad you like. :D
gypsy-music not really your thing? dear Dave, that's impossible in every single way.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Haha, how so? It's fun, but I wouldn't listen to it all the time.

JoY
05-24-2005, 06:19 AM
oh god no, I wouldn't either. I still need classical, jazz & loads of other stuff that includes classical instruments, like my life depends on it.

but it is pretty goddam surprising & amazing how lovely this stuff can be to listen to. for anyone. it's always better to have it on the background, than to *listen* to, but during a dinner, a party, a wedding, a birthday, in a pub/bar... this can be pretty damn entertaining. if you play well. *hides* ..which we still.. need to work on.

RXP
05-24-2005, 06:20 AM
What's it about?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-24-2005, 06:20 AM
I thought you said you'd played violin for years?

JoY
05-24-2005, 07:24 AM
I thought you said you'd played violin for years?
17 years now, yes. but it's been 8 years since I've had one violin-lesson. judge for yourself. my playing isn't impressing, but people say I'm too subjective. you've listened to it.

the_GoDdEsS
05-24-2005, 07:30 AM
I'd love to listen but it's being mean and keeps telling me I apparently clicked an "invalid" link. Wah!

Mota Boy
05-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Bitchin'. My roommates and I are thinking of getting one next year for our apartment. It's just such a damn good centerpiece.

wheelchairman
05-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah it's quite the social instrument. A tad expensive, but a good purchase overall. mmmm apple-smell.

JoY
05-24-2005, 08:56 AM
I'd love to listen but it's being mean and keeps telling me I apparently clicked an "invalid" link. Wah!
what?! are you serious? evil meanness!
if you really would like to listen to it, I could always e-mail it to you. I do only have your old, like OLD, e-mailaddress, though.

the_GoDdEsS
05-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Finally! I tried three times and figured it out now. It sounds very dancy and folk. Pretty kick-arse if you ask me!

Eep, and I can't access that old mail addy from my home computer for some very weird reason. Btw, I added you on MSN on my new address. But everyone tells me you're on so rarely. <3

JoY
05-24-2005, 09:14 AM
true. :/ I used to -adore- talking to people on MSN & these days.. well, I could rant on about it, but it just isn't as appealing anymore, as it was. there are some people I'd go on MSN for, but as rarely as I am on MSN, as rare are they in my list.

& nice to hear you enjoyed Clous! I know it takes long before you finally get to the ending, but I'm convinced the ending is much more worthy of listening to than the beginning, even though essentially they're both the same.

JoY
05-24-2005, 11:59 AM
*bumpage*
this is one of those topics, that deserves it.
yes, I'm opinionated. very.

Brines
05-24-2005, 01:55 PM

You're retarded if you think iPods suck. I got a used 10 gig for $150, btw.

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 02:46 PM
You're retarded if you think iPods suck. I got a used 10 gig for $150, btw.
But they do. That it a fact. You can get mp3 players with as good or better decoding and can hold more, for less. iPods are wank.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
JimBob2005: those things happen to be clunky, not as easy to use, without as many options, and all that stuff. You're just saying bad things about the iPods because you're sick of their popularity. You really don't know what you're talking about though.

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 02:54 PM
iPods: can be easily damaged when dropped from as little as 6 inches
mp3 Players: my mate droped one from the top of a high table (over 50 inches) table and it still worked

iPods: for 250 hold 15GB
mp3 Players: for 250 hold 20GB (although most will probably never use 15GB anyway)

iPods: the weird "keys" are annoying
mp3 Players: have easy-to-use buttons

I have seen an iPod in use (and even used one myself) and an mp3 Player, and I reckon that mp3 Players are better. That is all. I was only so vehemently against iPods since Brines was being a prick.

coke_a_holic
05-24-2005, 02:56 PM
The iPods are conformist! If you buy one, you're doing just what the government wants you to do!

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 02:57 PM
It's funny how you say "mp3 players", as if ALL non-iPod players are the same. They're not.

The first point is just plain untrue, as my nephew dropped mine more than 6 inches onto concrete, and the iPod was perfectly fine. And guess what happens if it DOES break? No questions asked warranty, that's what.

Most will never use 15GB anyway? I've had my 20GB iPod for only a month and have already filled it up to 16GB. I haven't even finished putting my CDs in.

There are no "keys" on the iPod, but the click-wheel is extremely easy to use with a little patience and no predisposed bias.

Jimbob2005
05-24-2005, 02:58 PM
It's funny how you say "mp3 players", as if ALL non-iPod players are the same. They're not.

I referred to harddrive mp3 players.

JoY
05-25-2005, 12:32 AM
goddammit, this topic is about the recording of Romanez!

*sits in a corner with her arms folded*