PDA

View Full Version : Pity me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 04:08 AM
I work at a sports bar, that on Friday and Saturday nights has a disco. As such, it's full of people who are.. lets say, more inclined to rap and dance than some would prefer. Anyway.. every night, without fail, the "DJ" plays the song Cha Cha Slide at least twice a night. Last night, it was FIVE TIMES. If you've never heard this song, you're incredibly lucky and I envy you.

Oh, how I hate DJ Casper.

wliethof
11-07-2004, 04:23 AM
when i was on holiday in spain, a hotel near us played the song all day long over and over again. quite loud too. starting at 9am

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Then you know of my pain.

*Pities you too*

fairy call
11-07-2004, 09:15 AM
at my work they played gunthers song over and over, and there was no way i could escape from it

imagine: aaaaaaah you touch my tralala, ooooh, my dingdingdong
lalalalalalalala

www.gunthernet.com you can listen to it here

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I don't know that song..

Where do you work?

fairy call
11-07-2004, 09:32 AM
i worked as a cashier, it was my summerjob in er.. de GB, thats what its called here

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Fairy snuff. Most big stores wouldnt know good music if it jumped into their house and shagged their sister. Most little stores too, for that matter. Where I used to work, the manager used to play Abba. For 6 hours a day. None stop. I so wanted to kill that guy.

Vera
11-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Tch. Everyone knows you only hear good music at home.

fairy call
11-07-2004, 09:41 AM
but they said that they got casettes from someone else that they had to play there, and the manager didnt choose the music herself

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Nah. It was probably the manageress on a power trip. All capitalists are like that, if my Sociology teacher is to be believed.

wheelchairman
11-07-2004, 10:29 AM
They played it at a disco in Ireland when I was there last year. It made me feel good, because you see I am white, and cannot dance naturally. It was nice to have someone tell me how to do it right. Kinda like Chubby Checker's "Twist"

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't dance either. But the song doesn't get me in the mood for it in the slightest.

And I still don't know what the hell a "Cha Cha" is anyway.

wheelchairman
11-07-2004, 10:39 AM
I always dance. I dance while I eat sitting down. I just can't do it very well.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 10:41 AM
I think Friends sums it up nicely.

"I don't dance at weddings.

Why not?

Because weddings are a great place to meet women, and when I dance, I dance like this.

*Insert crappy dancing*"

Sunny
11-07-2004, 11:50 AM
i've never heard it, and i feel like i'm not missing much.

*pities you*

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Hurrah!

If you can ever avoid hearing it, do. It's one of the biggest threats to humanity ever, second only to the Holocaust and Chris Sneed.

Eccentric Sara
11-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Jeez,that song is appalling.I do indeed pity you.

Chris
11-07-2004, 03:44 PM
my store for the first time ever actually decided to stick some music on, luckily not too many overplayed xmas songs (and even a few decent songs were slipped in), although im not sure how long its gonna take before it starts to grate

ruroken
07-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I pity you only for crying over something so stupid.
(Don't say jack shit about me, because this is about you)

0r4ng3
07-13-2005, 10:10 PM
I pity you only for crying over something so stupid.
(Don't say jack shit about me, because this is about you)
You bumped a thread after 8 months. Now that is stupid.

punkangel
07-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't dance either. But the song doesn't get me in the mood for it in the slightest.

And I still don't know what the hell a "Cha Cha" is anyway.

I had to do the "Cha Cha Slide" at a school dance. And I hate dancing too, so my friend dragged me out there, practically.

SkunkIt
07-13-2005, 10:15 PM
.... the "DJ" plays the song Cha Cha Slide....My school used to play that almost everyday. If I even hear it again, I'll be banging my head on a wall the whole time. I danced to it twice the first two times I heard it, just because I could, but it goit really annoying after that. My school played it so often. There was a school dance and I wasn't there, but I told some, "They played the "Cha-Cha Slide" and "Ain't No Mountain High enough", and she looked at me and asked me if I was there, I said ,"No."
"How did you know they played those songs?"
"Did they?"
"Yeah."

ruroken
You bumped a thread after 8 months. Now that is stupid.
Uh... yup...

EDIT: But it IS becoming popular. :cool:

punkangel
My school used to play that almost everyday. If I even hear it again, I'll be banging my head on a wall the whole time.

Same here, that's why I don't even go to the dances anymore

SkunkIt
07-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I've never been to a school dance, because they're boring, they play shitty music, I can't usually dance and they're sometimes expensive. Also, they're at school at night and full of teachers and some really annoying kid is the announcer. They change the announcer every year, but each year, they're more annoying than the one before.

0r4ng3
07-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I used to go to every single school dance from 6th and 7th grade, but at some point in 8th grade I said "fuck this, school dances are boring and annoying as hell."

Duracell
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
School dances are so much fun. The fun part is making fun of everyone who is there trying to have a good time.

punkangel
07-13-2005, 10:30 PM
School dances are so much fun. The fun part is making fun of everyone who is there trying to have a good time.

Or like the sluts there who are grinding against their boyfriends. Yeah, really fun. Especially the part when they get kicked out for doing that shit.

jade fahy
07-13-2005, 10:35 PM
my PE teacher made my class dance to OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...pised me off... :mad:

barangatang
07-13-2005, 10:37 PM
cla-cla-cla-clap your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do the cha-cha

~!!!!!!!!!!

that song gives me a migrain
and high blood-pressure

Rag Doll
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
I've never heard of it. hm.

SkunkIt
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
my PE teacher made my class dance to OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...pised me off... :mad:My Spanish teacher made us dance to Ricky Martin and The Ketchup song. The bitch still failed me, because she wouldn't admit she made a mistake on the instructions on my final test.

punkangel
07-13-2005, 10:41 PM
My Spanish teacher made us dance to Ricky Martin and The Ketchup song. The bitch still failed me, because she wouldn't admit she made a mistake on the instructions on my final test.

..I used to like The Ketchup song..heck, I still know the words

SkunkIt
07-13-2005, 10:51 PM
My French teacher also made us sing about a bowl of cheese and a pizza, but that was in the 5th grade. The worst thing my Spanish teacher did, was group up a bunch of people with the same interests to do work, but the people that liked music had to write a Spanish song, so we took the lyrics from "Ole" and a bunch of other songs, made them fit into "Row Your Boat" and we had to sing it in front of the rest of the class.

jade fahy
07-13-2005, 10:53 PM
My Spanish teacher made us dance to Ricky Martin and The Ketchup song. The bitch still failed me, because she wouldn't admit she made a mistake on the instructions on my final test.
evil teacher! ricky martin sucks ass...it gives my the shivers... :p

SkunkIt
07-13-2005, 10:56 PM
^ Yeah, she danced with a student and he got scared.

arak0r
07-13-2005, 11:46 PM
sounds like you need dj brisk

RXP
07-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Unholy, where do you work? Sports cafe? I'll pop in one night if it is there.

Jackish
07-14-2005, 03:25 AM
I had to do the "Cha Cha Slide" at a school dance. And I hate dancing too, so my friend dragged me out there, practically.

Not good for the ghetto image?

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Unholy, where do you work? Sports cafe? I'll pop in one night if it is there.

Nah, not there. Bar Sport.

Ruroken, you fucking idiot. This thread was MONTHS ago. The DJ doesn't even play the fucking song anymore.

Jackish
07-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Bar sport? Well doesn't that sound like a classy venue!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-14-2005, 07:54 AM
The management like to think so. At 5.40 for a double vodka and coke, I'd call it something other than "classy".

RXP
07-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Fuck, in a sports bar? Jesus. Hard Rock's 5.50 for a double jack. But that's to be expected there.

Hey since you work behind a bar explain how the management ever know if you're giving doubles instead of singles when people only pay for singles. And behind a bar, on a busy night surely it's easy to like just take money. THey can't exactly measure out how much stock they have. Like in shops. So coudln't you just take an extra say 2/hr?

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-14-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't work behind the bar, but anyway..

People can taste if it's a single or a double. And we got this multi-thousand quid security system. If people sneak money, the management know.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
07-14-2005, 08:04 AM
I work at a sports bar, that on Friday and Saturday nights has a disco. As such, it's full of people who are.. lets say, more inclined to rap and dance than some would prefer. Anyway.. every night, without fail, the "DJ" plays the song Cha Cha Slide at least twice a night. Last night, it was FIVE TIMES. If you've never heard this song, you're incredibly lucky and I envy you.

Oh, how I hate DJ Casper.

I hate that song! It's annoying!

coke_a_holic
07-14-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm feeling for you, Dave. I once volunteered at a small fair, and they played that song 3 times... When they weren't playing it, they were playing the Electic Slide or the Macaraina (did I spell that right?). I was considering lighting the dance floor (which was grass) on fire.

EDIT: Realized how old this thread is...

Sin Studly
07-14-2005, 01:47 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Lil' Ze has never danced in his life.

ruroken
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah! More posts! In your dipshit face, Or4ng3 or whatever!!! :cool:

0r4ng3
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah! More posts! In your dipshit face, Or4ng3 or whatever!!! :cool:
Hey, it's not only me. TUNB called you a fucking idiot a few posts back. Either way, I really don't care anymore.

ruroken
07-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh.

IN YOUR FUCKING DIPSHIT FACE TOO, DAVE!!!!!

:D

IdiotOfTheDay
07-14-2005, 06:30 PM
My school used to play that almost everyday. If I even hear it again, I'll be banging my head on a wall the whole time. I danced to it twice the first two times I heard it, just because I could, but it goit really annoying after that. My school played it so often. There was a school dance and I wasn't there, but I told some, "They played the "Cha-Cha Slide" and "Ain't No Mountain High enough", and she looked at me and asked me if I was there, I said ,"No."
"How did you know they played those songs?"
"Did they?"
"Yeah."
They played "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" at a school dance once. Of course, it was one I wasn't at. There was one, I was helping out at, and one of my friends said "Ooh! Go request the song about the wigger!" "What?" "The Offspring song! About the wigger!" They didn't play it at that dance. So then there's a dance a few months later, and I choose not to go, but I have to stay after school for something-or-other. So I leave the multipurpose room, where the afterschool program was being held since the dance was in the cafeteria, and naturally they're playing "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)". The one time they play good music at a school dance, and I'm not there.

Hit_That
07-14-2005, 08:47 PM
pity you.. now gimme pie

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-14-2005, 08:48 PM
pity you.. now gimme pie

If I give you a pie, will you shut up and fuck off?

Hit_That
07-14-2005, 08:49 PM
If I give you a pie, will you shut up and fuck off?

depends.. can i take punkangel with me?

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-14-2005, 08:49 PM
depends.. can i take punkangel with me?

By all means. Infact, I encourage it.

Hit_That
07-14-2005, 08:50 PM
By all means. Infact, I encourage it.

cool beans.. now.. gimme pie

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-14-2005, 08:51 PM
cool beans.. now.. gimme pie

*Pie*

Fuck off.

Hit_That
07-14-2005, 08:52 PM
*Pie*

Fuck off.

awesome....*fucks off*

jade fahy
07-14-2005, 09:26 PM
^ Yeah, she danced with a student and he got scared.
:eek: now that would scare me...me pe teacher was a guy...so i never went near him when we did the whole dance thing!

RXP
07-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Some uppersixthformer in my school sucked the PE teacher off. He was a stud tho. I dunno about her, never saw her.