PDA

View Full Version : Can't Repeat video = most boring video ever

CommonRider
05-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Dont get me wrong, there were some cool shots and the guys looked cool, but damn man SOMETHING has to happen in a video, they spent like 2 bucks on that one...

ps. I know there are already posts about this, but how are you gonna stop me from making a new one :)? you cant :).

Kreisi
05-28-2005, 01:45 AM
i think the video was what it was because it tries to get you listen the lyrics and great melodies, atleast i find it a lot easier to listen to it when i see the video, and the song is GREAT

killer_queen
05-28-2005, 02:04 AM
yes, you might be right but please don't make a lot of new threads about the video like when can't repeat came out. it's really annoying.

punk_riOt
05-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah i know wat you mean..but it's better than nothing, people will notice how boring the video is more than how good the song is. Only true offspring fans will really feel the song? if that makes sense i dunno. but yeah..

freak-doll
05-28-2005, 05:42 AM
:D i dont think that the video was that bad but i see what you mean when you say it is borin :D

offspring kid
05-28-2005, 06:38 AM
Its a kickass video and all people were thinking that it must show the past of offspring with some old pictures well dont you people think that it is the Fucking typical way of showing past( couple of old pictures thats just Gay now ) and by the way who wants to see RON in those old pictures again ??

Cejus
05-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Dont get me wrong, there were some cool shots and the guys looked cool, but damn man SOMETHING has to happen in a video, they spent like 2 bucks on that one...

ps. I know there are already posts about this, but how are you gonna stop me from making a new one :)? you cant :).
I do agree with you. I thought it wolud be a better video, with some kind of story acording to the lyrics... :(

RobinoZombie
05-28-2005, 06:53 AM
understand simplicity.
This video captures my feeling of this song perfectly, so im satisfied

dirty_magic
05-28-2005, 08:14 AM
okey so can't repeat is a single from the greatest hits album, an album which is designed to bring the offspring to the people who havn't heard the band and want to get into them and the video supports this. it shows the offspring doing what they do best - playing music. it shows what they are about and i really like it it suits and fits with the song well and shows us how kool they look when playing live!

LukyItalion74
05-28-2005, 08:46 AM
It's true, it doesnt realy have a stroy line...
But its a lot better than the random video of the meaning of life...
Also, they should've put clips from all their old videos, since they "Can't Repeat" the glory...

smashitup-
05-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Its a kickass video

I totally agree.

Rye
05-28-2005, 10:43 AM

Agreed.

You're a moron.

coke_a_holic
05-28-2005, 10:49 AM
You're a moron.

He brings moron to a new level. He's kicking it up a notch to "Extreme Moron"

original_prankster
05-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Atleast you don't get bored stiff like when watching the new Audioslave video. :eek: The video is okay, but they can do better.

aeh20s
05-28-2005, 02:47 PM
i've never been a big fan of Offspring Videos. the three released from Smash were pretty good. i love the video for I, Choose. the videos from Americana were really cheesy, except for Kids Aren't Alright that was really good. i especially didn't like the video for She's Got Issues. Original Prankster was a good video, and so was Hit That-though it didn't have anything to do with the song. truthfully, i think Can't Repeat is one of their best videos.

vintagepunkrock7
05-28-2005, 04:43 PM
i love it. its simple. i think its has a sense of evolution to it. and i do really like the purple skull shirt, its really caught my eye. :D

Relja
05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
The Offspring doesn't need to be more commercial, they're just punk rock. Most punks wanna see a live play, not some mixed thing or playback. This video is so great, although it's cheap.

original_prankster
05-28-2005, 08:50 PM
It reminded me of the Can't Get My Head Around You video, only it didn't have really cool shots like that one. Anyone else think the same thing?

I don't know
05-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I really liked the video, after an animation video nothing better than 2 videos where we can see just the offspring :D . I like the video's vibe, in that "dark" room, they're very close to each other, what makes us feel that they're close to us, I liked it :D

0r4ng3
05-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Atleast you don't get bored stiff like when watching the new Audioslave video. :eek: The video is okay, but they can do better.
They can do better? All of their videos are boring...

I don't know
05-28-2005, 09:07 PM
don't you like I choose?

0r4ng3
05-28-2005, 09:08 PM
don't you like I choose?
I was reffering to Audioslave videos. In my opinion, the only boring Offspring videos were all from Smash, and CGMHAY.

I don't know
05-28-2005, 09:14 PM
sorry, hehehe :D , I thought you were talking about the offspring and I got surprised :eek: , hehehe :D , you didn't like any offspring videos.

I don't know
05-28-2005, 09:15 PM
I was reffering to Audioslave videos. In my opinion, the only boring Offspring videos were all from Smash, and CGMHAY.
I find like a stone and the new video boring, the other 2 I like(I guess they have just 4 videos), cochise is very cool
edit:this is about audioslave, hehehe :D

killboybowerhead
05-28-2005, 09:18 PM
i hella like this video... its just them playing and i dont think there is anything that id rather see. Fn videos are lame without the band playing.

original_prankster
05-28-2005, 09:31 PM
I wasn't being specific enough when I posted that. Sorry.

I meant that The Offspring can do better. Can't Get My Head Around You was just them performing and it rocked. Can't Repeat should have really awesome shots like Can't Get My Head Around You.

And I agree. Audioslave is always dull.

dain84
05-28-2005, 10:50 PM
the Audioslave video for Show Me how to Live is great.

Punk_Conspiracy
05-29-2005, 02:50 AM
the Audioslave video for Show Me how to Live is great.

I was just about to say that.

I love the Can't Repeat video, it's twice as good as the CGMHAY video, which I liked to start with but then started to annoy me, and then started to get boring. I've been watching Can't Repeat endlessly at every oppotunity I get (i.e., whenever I'm on a friend's broadband connection) and I fucking love it. Atom looks so good and he really is a kickarse powerful drummer.

It also looks like a clip MTV and other commercial music programs would eat up, so hopefully it'll get decent airplay.

mrconeman
05-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Performance videos = Best for the song

Its easier to listen to compared to videos were you try to pay attention to whats going on, whats wrong with performance videos?, it shows the band doing what they do best and nothing to distract you

Its my second favourite video now, second to, The Kids arent Alright

That song has flashy stuff yes, BUT, it goes along perfectly with the song

DexterWannabe
05-29-2005, 06:42 AM
the video is about that nobody likes em anymore so i think they wanted to do something sad-style, like gone away video.

original_prankster
05-29-2005, 02:27 PM
That is not what it was about. Why would a band sing about how no one likes them? It sounds like it is about someone who doesn't like change to me.

darko
05-29-2005, 02:38 PM
i dot know, i kinda like it...yeah granted first time i watched it, was waiting for summit to happen but, ach it orite

OffspringerD@n
06-21-2005, 07:24 PM
It doesnīt matter if the video doesnīt have a big story behing it. What matters is the song.
I HATE clips that barley show the band playing and instead shows the story line behind it. Do u know what I mean?
In my opinion, this song represents the life of all of us and that we just want to move on but canīt. This song doesnīt need to have a great clip because with the lyrics, u can just compare it to your life.
Who ever knows what I mean should think the same thing

offspring_freak_3
06-22-2005, 12:00 AM

ps. I know there are already posts about this, but how are you gonna stop me from making a new one ? you cant .

I do agree with you. I thought it wolud be a better video, with some kind of story acording to the lyrics... :(

I agree with you guys but itīs not so boring like you guys say