PDA

View Full Version : Stop that BS about Can't Repeat...

Leo_ARG
05-29-2005, 05:44 PM
IT'S OBVIOUS that Can't repeat is about a relationship with your ex-couple, an ex girlfriend of Dexter.

You wake up one day and you don't love that person anymore, and you can't go back to the good times.

If the lyrics says "good times we can't repeat", In my honest opinion, I don't think Offspring would still be recording if they thought they are not good anymore. It would be like doing a song that says "hey, we suck, don't listen to us".

It makes no sense.

0r4ng3
05-29-2005, 05:45 PM
I never thought of it like that. It makes more sense.

Gayman
05-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Like I said in another thread that I think the song is about the change of the drummer....

0r4ng3
05-29-2005, 05:47 PM
I thought Can't Repeat was a slightly more positive look on the same topic as The Kids Aren't Alright.

original_prankster
05-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I thought it was about someone who doesn't like change and wishes he was younger again. And have the good times he did in the past.

"Life goes on
Come of age"

Gayman
05-29-2005, 05:50 PM
I thought Can't Repeat was a slightly more positive look on the same topic as The Kids Aren't Alright.
Well....maby....? But I still think it's about the drummer changes....and maby about the thing that they don't have the same succses like they use to have, so they can't repeat the good times that were in the, like 1994 or something....

Manic subsidal
05-29-2005, 05:55 PM
I think it's about beheading people.

fuckers..

0r4ng3
05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I think it's about beheading people.

fuckers..
Are you talking about the right song?

Manic subsidal
05-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Are you talking about the right song?

nah I'm just being a jackass who's sick of all the can't repeat meaning threads.

BuddyHolly
05-30-2005, 02:39 AM
I thought it was about someone who doesn't like change and wishes he was younger again. And have the good times he did in the past.

"Life goes on
Come of age"

i thought pretty much the same

Punk_Conspiracy
05-30-2005, 04:31 AM
IT'S OBVIOUS that Can't repeat is about a relationship with your ex-couple, an ex girlfriend of Dexter.

You wake up one day and you don't love that person anymore, and you can't go back to the good times.

If the lyrics says "good times we can't repeat", In my honest opinion, I don't think Offspring would still be recording if they thought they are not good anymore. It would be like doing a song that says "hey, we suck, don't listen to us".

It makes no sense.

You sir, are a moron.

SeanAshmore
05-30-2005, 10:49 AM

It makes no sense.

Wow, i never thot about it like that, i wasnt sure about it until now but i agree with your idea man. i think its also about the fear everyone has of moving on to someone new after a relationship "we must move ahead, despite our fear and dread" etc. cool lol.

Camilamazed
05-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Did he tell you something about that????????? We won't know what Can't Repeat is about untill Dexter explain it In Dexter on song ...... :p

dain84
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM

It makes no sense.
no! It's about gang violence in school!

Noodles is gay
05-30-2005, 11:33 AM

It makes no sense.

You know what I thought (bear in mind I have only read the first & last post in this thread):

It's on the greatest hits which is a collection of the Offspring's past songs, it's not that now they are crap and their past was better, it's about now they've moved on to new stuff, how they've learnt from the past,how they're getting older and how they're unsure about where to go next.

"Come of age" - they're like 40; getting on in years.

"I woke the other day and saw my world has changed" - perhaps with the GH Dexter has realized that they are getting on in years, he never really noticedbefore but looking over the past 20-years he can see it?

"Those days are gone and we can never get them back" - again linking in with the age thing, Manic Subsidal days are over so now they've gotta move on.

"Now we must move ahead despite our fear and dread" - the band are worried about what they're gonna sound like now, they're unsure about what's coming up (a split perhaps?)

"Turn the page" - metaphorically turning onto the next chapter in their lives.

"Wipe your eyes" - Perhaps the fans?

"We‘re all just wishing we could stop" :eek:- let's just hope this line isn't true, hey?! :p

I dunno, that's just my interpretation.

darko
05-30-2005, 01:30 PM
you know, song could be about anything, make of it what you want

killboybowerhead
05-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Seriously, why dont you all stop being such idiots and stop crying that the offspring are going to quit. Id want to quit after listening to all you bitch and moan. Cant Repeat is a SONG, not a PRESS RELEASE about their retirement. They are very different

IdiotOfTheDay
05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
You know what I thought (bear in mind I have only read the first & last post in this thread):

It's on the greatest hits which is a collection of the Offspring's past songs, it's not that now they are crap and their past was better, it's about now they've moved on to new stuff, how they've learnt from the past,how they're getting older and how they're unsure about where to go next.

"Come of age" - they're like 40; getting on in years.

"I woke the other day and saw my world has changed" - perhaps with the GH Dexter has realized that they are getting on in years, he never really noticedbefore but looking over the past 20-years he can see it?

"Those days are gone and we can never get them back" - again linking in with the age thing, Manic Subsidal days are over so now they've gotta move on.

"Now we must move ahead despite our fear and dread" - the band are worried about what they're gonna sound like now, they're unsure about what's coming up (a split perhaps?)

"Turn the page" - metaphorically turning onto the next chapter in their lives.

"Wipe your eyes" - Perhaps the fans?

"We‘re all just wishing we could stop" :eek:- let's just hope this line isn't true, hey?! :p

I dunno, that's just my interpretation.
I agree with that, all except for the "now we must move ahead." And the "wishing we could stop." Everyone "moves ahead" every day, without changing a thing. "Moving ahead" in my opinion is just going on, not knowing what's going to happen to you but hoping for the best. And as for the "wishing we could stop" it's more about staying where you are in TIME, and keeping things the way they are.
Both Dexter and Noodles have said that the band is going to kepp going. So let's not spaz out until they say the opposite. And not in a song, because a song can be interpreted anyway the listener wants. So just listen to the song 'cause it kicks ass.

killer_queen
05-30-2005, 01:49 PM

It makes no sense.
good opinion honey...