05-30-2005, 06:37 AM
self title, ignition, smash, ixnay, (half) americana = PUNK ROCK
i like this. :)

now
COO, splinter = pop rock
:mad:

Jimbob2005
05-30-2005, 06:41 AM
I agree. Also, some songs on Amrericana are pop e.g. WDYGAJ and Pretty Fly for a White Guy (both I now find annoying and crap).

Noodles is gay
05-30-2005, 07:27 AM
^ indeed!

SO what if they are 'pop-rock' - they're still bloody brilliant! But yeah, Ignition and Self-titled are my favourite albums too.

Punk_Conspiracy
05-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Conspiracy of One sounds like a rehash of Americana anyway, so I would say half of both albums is pop and the other punk.

Evil-Dead
05-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Offspring = Death metal

SkyRocker
05-30-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't think we can say The Offspring have one music style. I agree to say that first albums sounds really punk but we talk about melodic punk. That's compelled to explore new styles when you try to write good songs.

The Offspring has not A style, There's The Offspring's style :) . Don't you agree guys ?

RonWelty
05-30-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't think we can say The Offspring have one music style. I agree to say that first albums sounds really punk but we talk about melodic punk. That's compelled to explore new styles when you try to write good songs.

The Offspring has not A style, There's The Offspring's style :) . Don't you agree guys ?
yeah i love THE OFFSPRING STYLE !

killer_queen
05-30-2005, 10:19 AM

now
COO, splinter = pop rock

please shut the fuck up honey. it doesn't matter if they're punk or pop or whatever. if you like them listen them, if you don't please just be silent. this subject has been discussed for million times. that's enough...

Hypodermic_89
05-30-2005, 10:43 AM
i wouldn't call Splinter poprock. there's only three songs on that album that sound like pop (not including When You're In Prison)

dirty_magic
05-30-2005, 10:55 AM

now
COO, splinter = pop rock

go listen to some pussy linkin park and next time think before making stupid threads

Josh Freese
05-30-2005, 11:00 AM
old stuff = Punk/metal

new stuff = Punk/pop

offspring kid
05-30-2005, 11:02 AM

in every offspring Interview that i have seen the band says that they try something NEW(different) in each Album so they try to make it more funky or something like that you cant call them POP ! and splinter is not POP its faster than the rest of the albums !

Camilamazed
05-30-2005, 11:03 AM
SO what if they are 'pop-rock' - they're still bloody brilliant!

Perfectly said :D

SkyRocker
05-30-2005, 11:37 AM
in every offspring Interview that i have seen the band says that they try something NEW(different) in each Album so they try to make it more funky or something like that you cant call them POP ! and splinter is not POP its faster than the rest of the albums !

That's right guy, i don't care about some people who says "why did they become a pop band ?, etc...", i just say that if splinter is considered as a pop album, thus pop fans will be sad to know what pop can really be ( fucking great songs ) !
In addition, I'm not sure "Da Hui" is pop song...
No matter what Offspring can do, i'll like it.

darko
05-30-2005, 01:30 PM
you know, once when i was looking for ringtones, i found offspring in the nu-metal section....

killer_queen
05-30-2005, 01:53 PM
nowadays people call everything nu-metal. even avril!!

darko
05-30-2005, 02:02 PM
nowadays people call everything nu-metal. even avril!!

hahaha, aye cus she's so hard(!)

grunge
05-30-2005, 02:12 PM
That's why all albums until COO1 are fuckin' cool and rock. It's old school punk. But now practically all bands are going with time. I think now punk-rock not fashion.
Sorry for my english. I hope you'll understand my thought

Wookien
05-30-2005, 02:14 PM
People listening to pop, cant tell the difference between the different Offspring tracks = how can offspring be pop?

Offspring is Punk ... plain punk! Soft punk, hard punk - punk punk punk!

death from above
05-30-2005, 02:22 PM
wassup up pepole???

Russel
05-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Offspring is Punk ... plain punk! Soft punk, hard punk - punk punk punk!
bla, bla, bla... Bullshit man, bulshit...

Wookien
05-30-2005, 02:49 PM
No! Offspring is not bullshit! Its punk! punk punk punk! :P

original_prankster
05-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Offspring's punk/hardcore punk stuff: Awesome.
Offspring's pop-rock stuff: Awesome.

I don't care which style they use, they are still great. :D

grunge
05-30-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't care which style they use, they are still great. :D
It's a great words

The meaning of life
05-30-2005, 03:35 PM
I call Them Rock/Alternative

but ignition and Self Titled are Punk

I don't know
05-30-2005, 05:06 PM

now
COO, splinter = pop rock
I don't know why some people get so worried about what style offspring is

Skate Rat 19
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
no splinter is deinantly not pop, hit that was a pimp song, not a pop song, everything else was really deep rock except a few things

Unnatural Disaster
05-30-2005, 09:21 PM
i wouldn't call Splinter poprock. there's only three songs on that album that sound like pop (not including When You're In Prison)

Exactly! It seems that when people think of this album, they only imagine Hit That, Worst Hangover Ever, and When You're In Prison.... What they need to realize is that there are a lot of hard rock songs on this album: The Noose, Long Way Home, Race Against Myself, Never Gonna Find Me, Lightning Rod, and Da Hui