PDA

View Full Version : This song sounds like this song thread.

Manic subsidal
05-30-2005, 11:41 AM
For all of you whiny bastards who think certain offspring songs sound alike, here's your own special thread to post your songs. Really though, who gives a damn if two offspring songs sound alike? Like I said before in another thread, the songs kick ass, leave it as that. But Hopefully making this will just clean up all the other offspring songs sound alike threads.

Anyways, if you're going to post the two songs you think that sound alike, at least contribute something to the thread and put up an mp3 of both of the songs and the parts where you think sound alike. If you don't know how, then just try to describe why it sounds the same. Please no retarded crap like "can't repeat and long way home sounds the same cause they both have that guitar thingy."

Here's mine -

Spare me the details and She's got issues.

Well heh.. they're both songs about girlfriends and the riffs at the beggining kind of sound similar.

Check it out - freewebs.com/offspringsongs/detailsvsissues.mp3

dain84
05-30-2005, 11:55 AM
The intro to Dirty Magic is very similar to Vultures. Also, the chorus of dirty Magic was recycled for have You ever.

Strider
05-30-2005, 12:35 PM
A simple idea, yet very good. I was tired of replying to every topic about this. An unified thread will spare us some work.

I agree with dain84. I'd like to observe the similarity between Million Miles Away and Nitro - Youth Energy. Theis chords obviously aren't the same but they do follow the same logical sequence, as follows:

MMA: F#m A E F#m A E F#m
ooo, ooo, A million miles away, (oooh, oooh)a million miles away
A B D E F#m
I can`t stay, I can`t stay, (oooh, ooohh) a million miles away

NYE: Fm G# D# Fm G# D#
There`s no tomorroww (ooh), there`s no tomorrow(ooh), there`s
Fm G# A# C# D# Fm
no tomorrow, ooh, o-o-o-oh (o-o-o-h)

See?

Ok, Nitro has a riff...but the logical sequence of the chords is equal to MMA`s.

dirty_magic
05-30-2005, 01:25 PM
i think that the trooper by iron maiden sounds like the kids arent alright cos both songs have "the" in the title

Revolver-2005?
05-30-2005, 01:53 PM
genocide and change the world...

killer_queen
05-30-2005, 01:54 PM
they don't sound like same. they're same

original_prankster
05-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Way Down The Line and The Kids Aren't Alright
Genocide and Change The World
Long Way Home and Can't Repeat
Have You Ever and Dirty Magic

Those ones sounded similar to me. Some by lyrics, some by notes.

sneedo
05-30-2005, 02:58 PM
I fucking hate Long Way Home :(

0r4ng3
05-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Heh, I knew a thread like this would be made after my Huck it/All Along thread.

Manic subsidal
05-30-2005, 05:14 PM

Just like how you hate gotta get away huh?

thecrowe72000
05-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Bad Habit and Americana-

Slow Intro followed by

Shouted Lyrics (When I go driving...) (Well I'd like to tell you...)

followed by a succession of powerchords.

Eventually the music stops and Dexter shouts something (Well don't blame me) / (Stupid dumbshit goddam motherfucker).

0r4ng3
05-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Wow, I never realized how much Bad Habit and Americana are alike.

No one said the obvious choice, Genocide and Change the World.

Apathy
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Before anyone mentions them, Why don't you get a job and the Beatles 'Ob la di ob la da' sound similar, only because Dexter "borrowed" part of the rhythym.

Even though they're not offspring songs, There is a strange resemblence between Green Day's 'She's a Rebel' and Nirvana's 'Molly's Lips' and a song by rancid. Its on the Out come the wolves album, although I have no idea of the name.

0r4ng3
05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
We're not doing just Offspring songs? Ok then...

"She's a Rebel" by Green Day sounds like "Motivation" by Sum 41.
"Holiday" also sounds like "Hitchin' a Ride".

original_prankster
05-30-2005, 09:14 PM
For some odd reason, Self Esteem reminds me of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. :eek:

dain84
05-30-2005, 10:20 PM
^^^that's because the tone is the same. It like, the same riff.

Drummerguy123
05-30-2005, 11:59 PM

Well, you should burn in Hell with all of the emo kids.

Strider
05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
A simple idea, yet very good. I was tired of replying to every topic about this. An unified thread will spare us some work.

I agree with dain84. I'd like to observe the similarity between Million Miles Away and Nitro - Youth Energy. Theis chords obviously aren't the same but they do follow the same logical sequence, as follows:

A B D E F#m

Fm G# A# C# D# Fm

See?

Ok, Nitro has a riff...but the logical sequence of the chords is equal to MMA`s.

ey I have noticed this "logical sequence" is the same for Elders and Come Out Swinging, too!

Unnatural Disaster
05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Dammit I Changed Again and All I Want

0r4ng3
05-31-2005, 09:44 PM
The Kids Aren't Alright and Million Miles Away....?

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 09:48 PM
TKAA and Can't Repeat?

0r4ng3
05-31-2005, 09:50 PM
TKAA and Can't Repeat?
Really??? I never noticed that before...

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Well, I've only heard Can't Repeat once, and it was a while ago. I remember it almost sounding like TKAA. I'm probably wrong. You have seen my other posts in this forum. Most of them are retarted anyway. Look at my newest thread, for example...

Manic subsidal
05-31-2005, 10:32 PM
TKAA and Can't Repeat?

Yay you're the winner.

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Yay you're the winner.

OOH! What's my prize? A toaster? Luggage? A Lifetime supply of Hostess Cupcakes?

Manic subsidal
05-31-2005, 10:57 PM
OOH! What's my prize? A toaster? Luggage? A Lifetime supply of Hostess Cupcakes?

Here you go sir. Enjoy.

http://img79.echo.cx/img79/8387/438626n17qy.gif

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 11:05 PM
YES! Score! Did you know that Hellman's was ranked #1 mayonase in the world?

0r4ng3
06-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Is it only Offspring songs? Because I was going to say "The Answer" and "Whisper in Time" both by Bad Religion are very similar.

0r4ng3
06-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Without the lyrics, Come Out and Play and Pretty Fly sound alike.

scotishabbit
06-18-2005, 11:47 PM

A B D E F#m

Fm G# A# C# D# Fm

See?

3-1 crespo, riquelme crespo...robertito carlos

Josh Freese
06-19-2005, 03:21 AM
What happened to you and Don't pick it up

Hyper nova
06-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Is it only Offspring songs? Because I was going to say "The Answer" and "Whisper in Time" both by Bad Religion are very similar.

If you are talking about bad religion "You"and "Big Bang" have practicaly the same start.

And Offspring song the Solo For genocide is at the end of Smash on its own and is then reused for the start of Change the world. Plus htey contantly reuse things jsut in a different key or octive or somthing. Most bands do. But can be quite suttle i dont notice it with offspring much. I hardly even noticed the Genocide Change the world thing.