PDA

View Full Version : If There are Moderators....

SkunkIt
05-30-2005, 12:41 PM
If there are moderators, I want to request a few things:

First of all, please delete all the threads that have names like:

"Free Ipod", "Greenday Rules, Offspring sucks", "The useless thread", etc.

Anyone else got some requests for future mods? :)

c0d3r
05-30-2005, 12:50 PM
there will be a set of rules which mods will have to follow.

i think the free iPod kind of threads will be deleted, duh,

but hey, freedom of speech, if they like greenday, who cares?

Camilamazed
05-30-2005, 02:21 PM
I just want the new mods to be fair...It means that friendship (or people they don't like) can't count this time... Useless threads ,it doesn't mean repeated ones, like newbies who are not into the bbs well, maybe they just don't knwo how to act firstly. :D

I don't know if any of you agree, but I think the mods should act with all the members before having any decisions.

Fly White Guy
05-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I just want the new mods to be fair...It means that friendship (or people they don't like) can't count this time... Useless threads ,it doesn't mean repeated ones, like newbies who are not into the bbs well, maybe they just don't knwo how to act firstly. :D

I don't know if any of you agree, but I think the mods should act with all the members before having any decisions.

Exactlly. They would have to be responsible enough and stay cool headed. And the mods should know what members are like.

SkunkIt
05-30-2005, 05:58 PM

I don't know if any of you agree, but I think the mods should act with all the members before having any decisions.I agree! :)

Mr. Noodles
05-30-2005, 05:59 PM
there will be a set of rules which mods will have to follow.

i think the free iPod kind of threads will be deleted, duh,

but hey, freedom of speech, if they like greenday, who cares?
Pay attention to the quotes.
It said "Green Day rock, Offspring suck".
That means they love GD and hate Offspring.

SkunkIt
05-30-2005, 06:04 PM
True and there are too many Greenday threads that are similar.

leo3375
05-30-2005, 08:20 PM
1. Create a FAQ thread that answers most of the questions people will have.
2. Make a thread outlining some simple guidelines, like what's acceptable and what isn't. It's one thing to be curious about a band member's hobbies; it's another when you want to know which schools they send their kids to.

Kitten
05-31-2005, 02:54 AM
Have a seperate group of moderators for on-topic, off-topic. And seperate voting for the two as well. Also, moderators should be able to move topics to their applicable sections. There are some quite good topics in on that should be in off and vice versa.

Vera
05-31-2005, 05:15 AM
I think the admin's post is pretty clear about all this and I think the mods will receive instructions. And if we're not happy with something the mods do, we can surely let ourselves be heard on the issue.

leo3375
05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Absolutely. I agree, Vera.

Jimbob2005
06-01-2005, 12:08 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=336312#post336312

Get rid of posts like on the page in the link above. And any users who constantly do this should get banned.

SkunkIt
06-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I blocked Lodat and the other guy that kept saying, "Timmay".