PDA

View Full Version : I Think Cant Repeat Is About This!

bouncingcoles
05-30-2005, 01:17 PM
In my opinion cant repeat is about missing the good old days about when you are younger and you wish you could go back to it. but time keeps going and never stops. below are underlined parts of the song that i think give it away.

I woke the other day
And saw my world has changed
The past is over but tomorrow‘s wishful thinking
I can‘t hold onto what‘s been doneI can‘t grab onto what‘s to come
And I‘m just wishing I could stop, but

Life goes on
Come of age
Can‘t hold on
Turn the page

Time rolls on
Wipe these eyes
Yesterday laughs
Tomorrow cries

Memories are bittersweet
The good times we can‘t repeat
Those days are gone and we can never get them back
Now we must move ahead
Despite our fear and dread
We‘re all just wishing we could stop, but

Life goes on
Come of age
Can‘t hold on
Turn the page

Time rolls on
Wipe your eyes
Yesterday laughs
Tomorrow cries

With all our joys and fears
Wrapped in forgotten years
The past is laughing as today just slips away
Time tears down what we‘ve made
And sets another stage
And I‘m just wishing we could stop

Life goes on
Come of age
Can‘t hold on
Turn the page

Time rolls on
Wipe these eyes
Yesterday laughs
Tomorrow cries

samr
05-30-2005, 01:19 PM
THIS IS NEW AND EXCITING

Piedude
05-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Can we all stop analysing this song so many times please?

original_prankster
05-30-2005, 01:28 PM
These types of threads have been done a million times, but I do agree with the guy...

Dirty Bertie
05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
By jove, I think you've cracked it watson

darko
05-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Tell me why is it soo important to know what cant repeat is about?

Cant you just take it as a song?

bouncingcoles
05-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Tell me why is it soo important to know what cant repeat is about?

Cant you just take it as a song?

The song is new and everyone is excited so naturally we want to know what the song is about. Are you trying to say you never try to figure out what a song is about....

grunge
05-30-2005, 02:39 PM
good song!

Voodoo
05-30-2005, 02:39 PM
For me, this is was CLEARLY the meaning of this song since the first time I listened to it...

What I don't really understand is why everybody is so afraid that this song is about them breaking up...I mean, WAKE UP!!!

If they we're gonna split up, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE ALL THOSE TOUR DATES ON THE FRONT PAGE. Also, PLEASE TELL ME WHY ARE THEY PLANNING TO TOUR IN EUROPE FROM SEPTEMBER ON.

And PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEASE, TELL ME WHY THE HELL NOODLES POSTED A MESSAGE HERE THE OTHER DAY TELLING EVERYONE THERE´S GONNA BE A NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er....hum...
Sorry, had to do that.

*feeling much better now :o

darko
05-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Are you trying to say you never try to figure out what a song is about....

yeah, i used to at the beginning but then i thod well, if i relate to it then GREAT! if not well if it rocks it rocks

0r4ng3
05-30-2005, 04:00 PM
So that's what Can't Repeat really means? I have been so ignorant before! Then I was blind but now I can see! As long as you're on a roll, can you tell me what "Hand Grenades" is all about? It's been troubling me for a long time...

Venom Symbiote
05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
You know what I think? I think people are thinking too deep into this. :D

The lyrics to "Can't Repeat" are pretty self-explanatory, really. Not about Atom (funny and cool idea, though), not about "we suck now and can't remake Smash" in a sarcastic tone of voice, nope. This isn't anything smartass and deep like, say, most of the Ixnay album.

The lyrics are great and simplistic.

It's just like it says: "yesterday laughs, tomorrow cries" - that about sums up the entire song from where I'm standing. It's just basic nostalgia and longing for the past.

Sinister
05-30-2005, 07:17 PM
i go for simple nostalgia. myself being as young as 16 there's already some things from my younger years I wish I could go back to. like the days being a nerd was cool. but now I'm not a nerd anymore. :cool:

Camilamazed
05-30-2005, 07:18 PM
*yawns*

Too fucking short

jrk247
05-30-2005, 10:42 PM
OK! To sum up the meaning of the song, It's about the offspring getting old! I mean come on they're in their 30's-40's. And it's just a song, listen to it, stop trying to find the meaning of it and enjoy it!

Chainsaw
05-30-2005, 11:27 PM
This is basically what i think the song is about. I can't understand how people can think it's about a new drummer or that they're not good anymore. Offspring aren't that lame to write a song about something like that.

Venom Symbiote
05-31-2005, 01:11 AM
QUOTE:
"Offspring aren't that lame to write a song about something like that."

No, just lame enough to write songs about wannabe homeboys, insane girlfriends, prison rape, drive-by shootings, and extreme hangovers. :rolleyes: Yup, all their stuff is totally, like, dead-serious and political, yo. ;)

Heh. :cool: They could write something like that, I just don't think they did.

QUOTE:
"And it's just a song, listen to it, stop trying to find the meaning of it and enjoy it!"

Yeah, 'cause finding and thinking about meanings in songs would totally defeat the point of this band, wouldn't they? :D Yer, not like Offspring music has any depth or anything to it, right?

Quiet, you!

neocon58
05-31-2005, 01:43 AM
the whole song should have been underlined. it all fits with your theory.

"Can't grab on what's to come" simply means the future is uncertain.

punk_riOt
05-31-2005, 04:00 AM
Meh, i don't care what it's about. It's a great song :D