PDA

View Full Version : Is Dexter really a jackass?

Manic subsidal
05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I didn't really make this thread so I can get a ton of people replying back saying "no you're the jackass you filthy ho", I made this thread because I want to know the truth about Dexter. Jackass or not?

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because a while ago, I remember my friend said that her ex-boyfriend's best friend was Dexter Holland's cousin and he said that he didn't like Dexter because he acted like a jerk most of the times.

Do you guys have any stories about Dexter being mean? He always seems really nice to the fans, but aww... I remember one time, while I was listening to this Offspring bootleg, Dexter wanted this one girl to jump off the stage and crowd stuff. Well I guess she did it really crappy, so Dexter was making fun of her and stuff.

Camilamazed
05-30-2005, 08:21 PM
I don't think he's a Jackass.I believe he has those bad days just like a normal human being.......

PS: Do'nt believe in everything you're told ;)

Sinister
05-30-2005, 08:23 PM
maybe he just pretends to be mean. but actually I believe that the true Dexter is a nice dude. much like Noodles. except Noodles' behavior is sarcastic, not mean.

Homer
05-30-2005, 08:24 PM
oh man, one time I saw him on the street and I said "Hey! Dexter!" He then glanced at me and I said "Can I get your autograph?" So he then came running at me, and I expected for him to sign a paper I was taking out. But, instead he takled me into a car and took off running. Long story short, I got his autograph, so he's not a jackass. :D

Sinister
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
oh man, one time I saw him on the street and I said "Hey! Dexter!" He then glanced at me and I said "Can I get your autograph?" So he then came running at me, and I expected for him to sign a paper I was taking out. But, instead he takled me into a car and took off running. Long story short, I got his autograph, so he's not a jackass. :D

you think we'll believe that ?

Homer
05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
you think we'll believe that ?

No. that's why I put the :D after it. Because it was a joke.

Sinister
05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
No. that's why I put the :D after it. Because it was a joke.

dude you need to make it more obvious. but actually with an avatar such as yours no one would expect you to be serious.

Homer
05-30-2005, 08:34 PM
dude you need to make it more obvious. but actually with an avatar such as yours no one would expect you to be serious.

actually, if you were here longer, that post would've been so obvious that you wouldn't have any doubts about it being a joke. Almost every time I make a joke, the :D is there. And, when I'm serious, the posts are usually long and without a :D.

Manic subsidal
05-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah I already know that dexter is really nice to his fans and everything. What I want to know is what he is like when fans aren't around? Maybe Noodles could answer this question, but I doubt it. Well, I was just wondering if anyone had some stories..

Skate Rat 19
05-30-2005, 08:52 PM
i will give any one a dollar who can get dex to post on this board, i saw noodles post on the thread asking if they were breaking up sometime soon(by the way he said no) but i've never seen a post from dexter

Manic subsidal
05-30-2005, 08:57 PM
i will give any one a dollar who can get dex to post on this board, i saw noodles post on the thread asking if they were breaking up sometime soon(by the way he said no) but i've never seen a post from dexter

That's simply because Dexter's a jackass

haha nevermind, that would make Greg K be one too :(

Dexter_Kyle
05-30-2005, 09:17 PM
And that would also make Higgins a jackass. But he's not, he's cool, and Dexter too :D

leo3375
05-30-2005, 09:24 PM
*sigh* Another thread I have grown weary of…

First of all, Dexter is not a jackass. Nor is he an asshole. At least from my experiences.

Next to my boyfriend, Dexter is the nicest guy I've ever met. Each time our paths have crossed he's been very sweet. He's a bit goofy but very gracious. But, like all people, he has his bad days. I can assume that those who have had a negative experience meeting him caught him on one of those bad days.

billiejoe87_greenday
05-31-2005, 12:27 AM
He looks like a very nice guy. He's gotta be one of the only singers of a punk band in the world who doesn't advocate drug use and continually bag the shit out of other bands, and i heard an interview with him when splinter first came out with noodles and they were both so nice. ALSO a DJ on Nova 96.9 (Sydney Radio Station) had a competition running for a fan to meet the offspring and hang out with them for a night. The next day after the night happened the DJ read out what the prize winner had said about them and even preceeded to write to The Offspring's record company to say that they had been so good for the publicity of the radio station by being so friendly and easy going. Apparently Dexter and Noodles spent about half an hour trying to prove to some of the winners friends over the phone that they were really the Offspring.

Does that prove he's nice??

dirty_magic
05-31-2005, 02:36 AM
dexter is not a jackass

*thread closed*

neocon58
05-31-2005, 02:47 AM
dexter and noodles went surfing with someone over here. they're really cool to their fans, as far as i can tell.

and in reply to 'what if dexter is a jackass when his fans arent around', i say, who gives a shit. he's good with the press and good with his fans, so who cares if he's a dick to his friends.

neocon58
05-31-2005, 03:33 AM
everyone has a shitty side to them. even barny the dinosaur.

meaning_of_life
05-31-2005, 03:33 AM
i dont think the hannibal lector comparrison is right, but im sure hed be a jerk alot of the time. i cant blame him either, people would be at him all day hasseling him. not to say he isnt a good guy deep down though.

Revolver-2005?
05-31-2005, 04:05 AM
im nice around people i dont know, and i usually act like an asshole around the people i know and am comfortable with.

Also some people act that way in jest...i do it lol

Telekinesis
05-31-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm a pretty nice person once you get to know me. I open the door for people, if someone drops something I'll pick it up for them, if someones having trouble with their school work I'll help them, general stuff. Dexter seems like a nice guy but i can imagine him getting pissed off at people, Noodles seems annoying I'd get pissed off too if had to be around him all the time, sorry guys but it's the truth

punk_riOt
05-31-2005, 04:59 AM
Meh, even if he his mean heaps of rock stars are. As long as it's not directed to his fans then i'm okay with him being a dick to people sometimes :D

offspring kid
05-31-2005, 05:04 AM
I don't think he's a Jackass.I believe he has those bad days just like a normal human being.......

she is right and he is not a JACKASS

killer_queen
05-31-2005, 05:18 AM
he could be. but i don't give a fuck if he's a jerk or not. i like him and his song and these are enough for me.

bouncingcoles
05-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Dexter wanted this one girl to jump off the stage and crowd stuff. Well I guess she did it really crappy, so Dexter was making fun of her and stuff.[/QUOTE]

id make fun of her too! who cares. he was probobly just kidding around.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-31-2005, 12:08 PM
you can't expect people to be nice all the time. if they are, there's something probably wrong with them, or they have a steady stream of prozac being perscribed to them.

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
everyone has a shitty side to them. even barny the dinosaur.
Barney is pure evil. There is no good side. It's just a facade so that he can get little kiddies on his show, molest them, and then eat them. Why do you think they all went away? Got it? Barney=pure evil.

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Apparently Dexter and Noodles spent about half an hour trying to prove to some of the winners friends over the phone that they were really the Offspring.
Hahaha that's some funny shit.

Noodles is gay
05-31-2005, 01:04 PM
...he's only human.

Seriously though; you can't expect people to be nice all of the time, personally I don't give a damn if he is a twat sometimes (apart from the fact that a mean person would be getting my money...) because he makes awesome music and that's what matters. At least he's not ridiculously materialistic and shallow like Hollywood people!

Good example; the Clash are one of my favourite bands, and I was watching their DVD and Mick was being an absolute dick to one of the roadies - they're an awesome band but are still only human! It's annoying that Mick came across as such a dick in that scene but in other scenes he seemed awesome so it makes up for it.

Basically; don't expect people to be perfect all the time, because they're not (except me, of course!).

RobinoZombie
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM
me and around 7 other ppls where waiting outside a venue in stockholm after the splinter show, and we met higgins, atom & donnie, but after that the tourbus "sneaked" away, so i was a bit bummed out, but who can blame them?

Fly White Guy
05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Noodles seems annoying I'd get pissed off too if had to be around him all the time, sorry guys but it's the truth

It's the truth until Noodles comes online, and then it magically becomes a joke that people took a little too far.

Gayman
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
I think I should meet him before saying anything!!!! And so should you people!!!!

fuckB Ratty
05-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I think I should meet him before saying anything!!!! And so should you people!!!!
i met him he is really nice
for an american

Gayman
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
i met him he is really nice
for an american
Really!!!! Good for you!!! :D I'm really *jelous of you!!!!
*don't know how spelled

fuckB Ratty
05-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Really!!!! Good for you!!! :D I'm really *jelous of you!!!!
*don't know how spelled
i was crying

smileemptysoul44
05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
i dont know ask him

Funky-Munky
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Booooooooooooooooring!

Gayman
05-31-2005, 04:42 PM
i was crying
I don not wonder why!!!! That would be so awsome to meet him!!!! But I will never get that chance....cause I live here!!! DAMMIT!!!

fuckB Ratty
05-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I don not wonder why!!!! That would be so awsome to meet him!!!! But I will never get that chance....cause I live here!!! DAMMIT!!!
i am going to the warpped tour just to see them

Marit
05-31-2005, 05:13 PM
It's the truth until Noodles comes online, and then it magically becomes a joke that people took a little too far.

Now where on earth would you get an idea like that?

Manic subsidal
05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Ok, I guess it's just a family thing then, or maybe that cousin of dexter is just jealous ha.

I've heard bad things about dexter from several other offspring fans but I guess nobody here has anything, and dammit, no more "dexter is so nice to me!" stories. We all already know he's really nice to fans. I was just wondering if anyone knew dexter personally. Oh well..

offspringbecker
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I met Dexter in 2003, and he was one of the coolest guys ever. He took the time to sign an autograph, pose for three pictures, and answer my questions.

Noodles is super friendly as well. Noodles was annoyed with one of the record workers because he was cutting into our conversation. He actually told the guy to wait, and said these guys are my fans, and they have been waiting.

Don't forget, Atom and Greg are super friendly as well!

SMASH0390
05-31-2005, 08:40 PM
good to hear, yea i would imagine that hed b a cool guy i mean wat snob would start up a rock band? just not the right personality for the job ya kno? im sure they are all pretty cool guys. Hey i was wonderin. i kno this probly is the wrong thred for this but im too lazy to look. anyone kno wat they new "Can't Repeat" song is about. im really liking this one. im trying not to spoil with the internet pop-up listener thingys lol i want to wait for the cd but i cant resist. but anyway i think it may b about ron welty...im probly wrong, yea probly way wrong ive only listend to it a few times but just curious. i mean hey it could b, maybe not the whole thing but parts of it may be, like refering to a situation like him leaving something thats hard and u can change an blah blah blah blah.............................................. .........................

Zee
10-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Far from asshole, he even offered me his help in the summer to get tickets to their show here that ticks couldn't be bought...

"Hi XXX XXX,
I'll try to get you a couple tickets.
Please email to remind me around August 25th, then I will be home and can
forward your request to the right person.

Talk to you later,
Dexter."

offspring fan
10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
no...........................

darko
10-17-2005, 12:56 PM
i'm not been funny or in any way trying to be nasty...but....this IS the offspring forum....so you really think fans are going to say "oh yeah, Dexter is such a jackass it's not even funny"

I'm not disputing anyone who's met him either....i'm sure he's the loveylyest {if that even is a word!} man on god's green earth. But i'm sure he gets that is fans have put him where he is today and its not summit to be sniffed at!

the_offsprings_monkey
10-17-2005, 12:58 PM
SHUT UP AND GO DIE YOU nazi SCUM!!

darko
10-17-2005, 01:00 PM

who are you talking to?

the_offsprings_monkey
10-17-2005, 01:00 PM
The Fucker Who Made This Thread

Rufus
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
In the making of Da Hui the people in Da Hui said that Dexter is a really nice down to earth person.

Gayman
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Dexter and the whole band are bunch of pussies!!!!

What do you think I think of Dexter?! I think he's a great guy...but never met him.

dalaksta
10-17-2005, 02:44 PM

agreed everybody has bad days

nameless
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
i read some stuff on here about a tour with cypress hill and how they didnt like the offspring! i cant say without meeting him but he always seemed pretty cool!

Manic subsidal
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM

How about you go die? You're the dumbass type of losers here that bring shame upon the offspring fanbase. We used to be so gangster until you fags came along :(

Why the hell do people keep bumping my old threads? I could of sworn this is like the 3rd of 4th one.

bouncingcoles
10-18-2005, 06:08 AM
I didn't really make this thread so I can get a ton of people replying back saying "no you're the jackass you filthy ho", I made this thread because I want to know the truth about Dexter. Jackass or not?

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because a while ago, I remember my friend said that her ex-boyfriend's best friend was Dexter Holland's cousin and he said that he didn't like Dexter because he acted like a jerk most of the times.

Dexter wanted this one girl to jump off the stage and crowd stuff. Well I guess she did it really crappy, so Dexter was making fun of her and stuff.

i dont believe her. she probobly doesnt know what shes talking about. also who cares if dexter was making fun of her. he was just kidding around. he obviosly wasnt like YOU SUCK FAGGOT DIE!!!!

Macko
10-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Even if he wrote something and said that he is Dexter, nobody believe him(or her :D )

grunge
10-18-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't care

The Knob
10-18-2005, 07:41 AM
he seemed very nice when i met him

here is a picture of the time when i met him (it was about a month ago in Finland)

http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=TheKnob

we chatted for a moment, and he was very nice

His bodyguard (the black guy in the back) was tough...my cousin asked from him that "can i take a photo also" and the bodyguard said "NO!!!!!!!"

but dexter came and said "ofcourse you can take one"

so to me he was a nice guy...

avenger250
10-18-2005, 07:57 AM
he seems alright :confused:

Nirushika6789
10-18-2005, 12:15 PM
he seemed very nice when i met him

here is a picture of the time when i met him (it was about a month ago in Finland)

http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=TheKnob

we chatted for a moment, and he was very nice

His bodyguard (the black guy in the back) was tough...my cousin asked from him that "can i take a photo also" and the bodyguard said "NO!!!!!!!"

but dexter came and said "ofcourse you can take one"

so to me he was a nice guy...
cool...and hes got a 'groovy shirt' lol :D

darko
10-18-2005, 01:09 PM
cool...and hes got a 'groovy shirt' lol :D

I know....dont you just want to take him there and then?{!}

Nirushika6789
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I know....dont you just want to take him there and then?{!}
hahah i want to steal his shirt:D

jk

either way he can pull anything off

Black__ball
10-18-2005, 01:43 PM
hes not a jackass but hes really gotta get rid of that light blue t shirt he worn in the manchester gig it didnt suit him

shnooble
10-18-2005, 01:54 PM
hes not a jackass but hes really gotta get rid of that light blue t shirt he worn in the manchester gig it didnt suit him

Nooooo it did!!! :mad: