PDA

View Full Version : Songs with two guitars

Gone_AwayUK
05-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Could you just tell me what Offspring songs have 2 guitars playing in them...its for my band because we're thinking doing a cover.

Thanks

Chainsaw
05-31-2005, 09:57 AM
there's a lot of them...if you don't have the albums you can listen to all of them at www.offspring.com and pick out what you want... well i'll name a few too, TKAA, dirty magic, come out and play, she's got issues and the list goes on.

Hyper nova
05-31-2005, 09:59 AM
I think most of them as you have dexter and noodles.

But avoid doing a S/T song becasue dexter hadn't learned the Guitar by then and Greg would often play second gutair and Ron would compensate for the bass on the drums.

Other than that i cant name specific songs

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 11:16 AM
I know Gone Away does...
Why don't you just look at some tabs to see which ones have overlapping parts? Offspring-online.com (the old one, because it doesn't come back until June) has most of the songs tabbed, and really well too.

The meaning of life
05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
But avoid doing a S/T song becasue dexter hadn't learned the Guitar

In Self Titled Cd Dexter Play Guitar

Zee
05-31-2005, 02:46 PM
It's quite easy to listen to, you know... if the guitars different from each other, then there's two guitars, duh.

Even though Noodles could handle some songs well himself live, Dexter still plays the guitar too.

fuckB Ratty
05-31-2005, 03:19 PM
listen to the music and see if u could hear a rythem and a lead it isan't hard most songs with a solo as to have a rythem if not dexter then it is higgans but everysong must have two guitars in it

Strider
05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
One guitar for the basis and one for the solos, it is that simple. However, if the song has no solos (e.g. The End of the Line), They use 2 guitars to increase the distortion effect.
You know, I'm a guitarist, there are some songs I can't play alone because of the solos thingy. So 2 guitars are suitable because of that.

Awesomo
05-31-2005, 06:05 PM
The song can not have a solo and only use one guitar, example is All I Want. Ive never seen Dexter play that song live with a guitar, maybe it was on album recording though.

noodlestheman
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
i know that cant repeat does for sure because my band did a cover of it yesterday

nameless
05-31-2005, 07:22 PM

But avoid doing a S/T song becasue dexter hadn't learned the Guitar by then and Greg would often play second gutair and Ron would compensate for the bass on the drums.

not saying your wrong but where did you hear that?!

i found the majority have 2 guitars, very few just have one - all i want, bad habit!

ThatOneGuy123
05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
I think about 90% maybe more of The offspring's songs have 2 guitars in them.

killboybowerhead
05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
yeah the layering is nice in offspring songs. I dont know what the hell you guys are talking about when you say dexter is a rythm guitarist though. He is not. Some songs on Smash and Ignition could be done with one. But yeah Songs like Cant Repeat and TKAA Dexter just keeps going through the chord progression. I think you can kick ass with one guitar but two is definately better and less flat. But some awesome punk bands have one. The Deviates, 1208, Pennywise. It just depends how you play.

0r4ng3
05-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Songs that sound good with two guitars are Race Against Myself, Can't Repeat, LAPD, The Kids Aren't Alright, and I think even Da Hui has 2.

thecrowe72000
06-02-2005, 08:38 AM

It says in the Dexter on Song for Beheaded that he wrote it while messing around with his guitar, so he could play guitar then. Where did you hear he couldn't?

*Edit* and some songs have three guitars playing on them.