PDA

View Full Version : What Ibanez Does Dexter Gave?

offspringpunker
05-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi guys,
I just wondered what Ibanez guitar does dexter have. The one in the can't repeat video and Cant Get My HEad Around You vid etc. And what is the green and black guitar that dexter has, the one that has the taz sticker on it?

Mentally_Challenged
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
RG Customs....I think :confused: You'll have to wait for a response from one of the local guitar boffins (i.e, not me...)

Noodles is gay
05-31-2005, 03:25 PM
yeah, RG custom.

Although he used to use an RG570 (long time ago).

leibstandarte109
05-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Which is the green and black one he always has?

offspringpunker
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
I meant Green and Brown sorry my mistake!

offspringpunker
05-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Can any of you guys direct me to a link for the guitars. The one he uses in cant repeat and cant get my head around you vid, and the brown and green taz sticker guitar he has, like he uses in OP video. And can you give me the actual model. I know its an RG now thanks for that but what model?

neocon58
05-31-2005, 05:31 PM
they are all custom RG's with hardtail bridges. Most Ibanez's have floating trems, there is only one that is a hardtail i beleive.

Jebus
05-31-2005, 07:00 PM
they are all custom RG's with hardtail bridges. Most Ibanez's have floating trems, there is only one that is a hardtail i beleive.
The 6-string guitars with hardtails currently in production are the rg321, rgt42dxfx, rga121, and rga321. There also used to be a japanese made rg421 back in the day.
But yeah, his Rgs are all custom.

offspringpunker
05-31-2005, 11:58 PM
So could you post me through a link please of the nearest guitar you can get to dexters. Cuz i was thinking about buying one!

Skip91
06-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Noodles has better guitars than dexter
Les Pauls, Ibanez, Strats etc

sebastienfan
06-01-2005, 01:30 AM
yeah,I just bought noodles's singnature guitar and puted the same pickup in it,dimarzio tone zone.

neocon58
06-01-2005, 01:35 AM
So could you post me through a link please of the nearest guitar you can get to dexters. Cuz i was thinking about buying one!

well, jebus just mentioned rg321, rgt42dxfx, rga121, and rga321. Dexters are custom, so you won't get a standard hardtail guitar that is identical. just buy one of the models jebus mentione, buy and put in some dizmario super 3 (super distortion) pickups. That's the closest you will get to dexters guitar soundwise.

check for the models jebus mentioned at www.ibanez.com

offspringpunker
06-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Ok thanks for that, i already have a strat with a seymour duncan JB Humbucker in the bridge position to sound like Billie Joe from Green Day. I just wanted dexters guitar i know there are better guitars than Ibanez but i dont really care.

j-dogg_69
06-01-2005, 04:24 AM
hey,was just on the ibanez site looking for dexters guitar as i too want it, it tells me he plays a Custom RG570. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html
This page gives you info on all inbanez's artist's guitar's including noodles and Dexter. later folks

sourskittle
06-01-2005, 12:38 PM
dexter's is an ibanez rg570 custom ive played one at my local guitar store and it was sweet. the tremolo on that one was floating so it wasn't the same :(

offspringpunker
06-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks j-dogg!

Jebus
06-01-2005, 04:57 PM
This rg321 would be the closest, but the specs changed for this year. The rg321 used to be made out of basswood, but the 2005 model is made out of mahogany. If you want to get the closest sounding guitar to Dexter's guitar, you'll have to find a rg321 that was made before 2005 and change the the pickups to dimarzios. I personaly still prefer mahogany over basswood but basswoood still is awesome.

You still won't be able to achieve the offspring signiture sound without their Mesa Boogie amps though.

If you want something similar to his old guitar with a floyd, get a used rg570 on ebay or buy the new rg1570.

offspringpunker
06-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Ok cheers thanks alot for guys for helping me out i know what im going towards now!

killboybowerhead
06-01-2005, 08:09 PM
I pretty sure it is an Rg 1570 custom. To get his guitar you need big bucks or you have to live in Japan because that is the only place where Ibanez still customizes guitars. My advice is to just pick up a guitar, not from guitar center. a local store you trust, get on a peavey amp like a 5150 or the JSX. And play it, listen to it on clean first so that it doesnt sound odd. Than crank the bastard up. My first guitar was an Rg very close to the one Dexter used on tour in 94, same black finish too. It doesnt compare with my Showmaster and most of all its my guitar i dont have to share it with anyone, not dexter anyway.

Jebus
06-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I pretty sure it is an Rg 1570 custom. To get his guitar you need big bucks or you have to live in Japan because that is the only place where Ibanez still customizes guitars. My advice is to just pick up a guitar, not from guitar center. a local store you trust, get on a peavey amp like a 5150 or the JSX. And play it, listen to it on clean first so that it doesnt sound odd. Than crank the bastard up. My first guitar was an Rg very close to the one Dexter used on tour in 94, same black finish too. It doesnt compare with my Showmaster and most of all its my guitar i dont have to share it with anyone, not dexter anyway.
Ibanez doesnt make customized guitars for regular people anymore even in Japan. Japan does have a cusom shop, but It's used to make J-Custom models like the rg8270 which are made in limited quantities unlike the other regular models.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/products/eg/series_frame/frame_jc.html

ygokazuki
08-02-2005, 05:55 PM
This rg321 would be the closest, but the specs changed for this year. The rg321 used to be made out of basswood, but the 2005 model is made out of mahogany. If you want to get the closest sounding guitar to Dexter's guitar, you'll have to find a rg321 that was made before 2005 and change the the pickups to dimarzios. I personaly still prefer mahogany over basswood but basswoood still is awesome.

You still won't be able to achieve the offspring signiture sound without their Mesa Boogie amps though.

If you want something similar to his old guitar with a floyd, get a used rg570 on ebay or buy the new rg1570.

Basswood is much lighter than mahogany. Which is better, in my opinion.