PDA

View Full Version : The cancelled gigs

vejjja
06-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Hm, I'm sorry if I'm bringing up a topic which maybe has already been discussed but this was the first time I forced myself to open this site so I wouldn't really know.. You see, I'm the one of those people from Croatia who travelled to the other part of the country, spending a lot of money & time, covincing parents into letting me skip school bcs of the concert, finding a place to stay in Zg etc.. and one of those who came to te concert place and kissed the door, just getting an explanation that they can't play today. or tomorrow. and a shallow promise about a concert in September. And one of those who constanly opened this site wanting to see a simple "we're sorry" and it would be ok. But it never happened. And I know that some other shows were cancelled- I totally sympathise with those people. But neither them got a "sorry". Or an explanation but that was obviously too much to ask. Yeah, the trucks stuck in the snow, kewl. but if they really cared they would have said something, they would try to assure us that we as fans are important to them and they are truly sorry.. m-hm, my ass they did. I'm a member of an youth club that runs in our city and i'm into organizing gigs and stuff and i know the way it goes, the cancelling and everything, i know what's it like when a band plays for the audience and when they are greatful for every person that came.. and that's not the offspring. not anymore. i'm sorry and i know that many of you disagree with me but they are now just a bunch of overaged man trying to make their living as comfortable and fancy as they can. Good luck in that guys, but that's exactly the thing you're pretending to stand against.
You let me down. In a worst way possible. And you don't give a slightest fu*k about it. But i'm not ONE, we are MANY.

with all due respect, the dissapointed one.

neocon58
06-01-2005, 04:45 AM
your post is 100 percent right. they don't care about their fans at all. they don't like you, or croatia for that matter.

we may all as well consider suicide.

ashtray_girl_1
06-01-2005, 06:27 AM
I know how you feel vejjja! Altough my parents wouldn't let me go from hvar to zagreb on the gig, I was really dissapointed when I found out it was cancelled!they didn't even apologise and say they were sorry and the excuse for cancelation(?) was lame...
My friends still make fun of me because of it...jerks
Don't you just hate living in croatia, huh?

sphinxdaking
06-01-2005, 11:31 AM
It was because your stupid country didnt let the equipment go over the border...atleast thats what Ive heard...

BuddyHolly
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
i thought they did say sorry...

neocon58
06-01-2005, 11:30 PM
i thought they did say sorry...

thats what i thought

ashtray_girl_1
06-02-2005, 07:50 AM
It was because your stupid country didnt let the equipment go over the border...atleast thats what Ive heard...

yeah, I heared that too!one more reason for all of us too hate croatia!!
the only thing I like about it is the nature and sea...

bouncingcoles
06-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Hm, I'm sorry if I'm bringing up a topic which maybe has already been discussed but this was the first time I forced myself to open this site so I wouldn't really know.. You see, I'm the one of those people from Croatia who travelled to the other part of the country, spending a lot of money & time, covincing parents into letting me skip school bcs of the concert, finding a place to stay in Zg etc.. and one of those who came to te concert place and kissed the door, just getting an explanation that they can't play today. or tomorrow. and a shallow promise about a concert in September. And one of those who constanly opened this site wanting to see a simple "we're sorry" and it would be ok. But it never happened. And I know that some other shows were cancelled- I totally sympathise with those people. But neither them got a "sorry". Or an explanation but that was obviously too much to ask. Yeah, the trucks stuck in the snow, kewl. but if they really cared they would have said something, they would try to assure us that we as fans are important to them and they are truly sorry.. m-hm, my ass they did. I'm a member of an youth club that runs in our city and i'm into organizing gigs and stuff and i know the way it goes, the cancelling and everything, i know what's it like when a band plays for the audience and when they are greatful for every person that came.. and that's not the offspring. not anymore. i'm sorry and i know that many of you disagree with me but they are now just a bunch of overaged man trying to make their living as comfortable and fancy as they can. Good luck in that guys, but that's exactly the thing you're pretending to stand against.
You let me down. In a worst way possible. And you don't give a slightest fu*k about it. But i'm not ONE, we are MANY.

with all due respect, the dissapointed one.

your country sucks. get over it

Camilamazed
06-02-2005, 09:48 AM
.........Shit happens. They also cancelled the Venezuela gig.Do you really think they do it in purpose???...... Something must have happened. You guys should get over it.I know it would disapoint me if it happened but We must understand.

nameless
06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
its stuff like you mention that i cant understand with bands touring! coukld they not organise a show to compensate?! its not as if theyve got a non stop schedule 365 days a year!

also, why do bands play shows in venues that they could sell out 3 or 4 times over?! i know its not the directly and is more down to the promoters and management but its really annoying missing out!

Inuyasha
06-02-2005, 03:44 PM
.........Shit happens. They also cancelled the Venezuela gig.Do you really think they do it in purpose???...... Something must have happened. You guys should get over it.I know it would disapoint me if it happened but We must understand.

They didn't canceled the Venezuela gig, i think it was the one in Panama o_O

KingLui
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
your country sucks. get over it

your people suck

I have been to Croatia and it's seaside is beautiful.
I am from Serbia, and I bought the ticket for the gig in Zagreb, and I wasted my money, and my time. I was very very dissapointed.

0r4ng3
06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
.........Shit happens. They also cancelled the Venezuela gig.Do you really think they do it in purpose???
Of course they do it on purpose, you can't accidentaly cancel a show. They don't plan to cancel a gig when they first plan it, however.

LOdAT
06-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Of course they do it on purpose, you can't accidentaly cancel a show. They don't plan to cancel a gig when they first plan it, however.

i agree...WTF?! ...