PDA

View Full Version : Is Offspring Coming To An End?

offspringpunker
06-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Guys i was just wondering, do you think Offspring are coming to an end. Seeing as now they have put out a Greatest Hits album, i mean bands usually do that at the end of the career! And the Cant Repeat lyrics saying Life Goes On, Come Of Age, Turn The Page. Saying that there gonnah end so life goes on, and there getting to old for this so come of age, and turn the page of the story like you gottah move on. I may have this all wrong here so dont heckle me to much. What are your views? I want them to keep on going, look at Green Day they have and they brought out a Greastest Hits album a couple of years back!

billiejoe87_greenday
06-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Before I read the Green Day part I was going to bring up that point to you. Releasing a greatest hits doesn't mean anything. The fact that they wrote a song like cant repeat, which as you said details moving on, is what people should worry about.

Splejse
06-02-2005, 12:45 AM
I think its because Ron Welty stopped, and then they says life goes on, like their music will.......

offspringpunker
06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah it could be about when Ron left never thought of that.....

BuddyHolly
06-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Noodles already said they WON'T quit!

freak-doll
06-02-2005, 01:44 AM
na i dnt think offspring r ganna quit 4 ages i mean look at iron maiden they r older then offspring and hav had i number of greatest hit albums i think and they r still 2gether

Mentally_Challenged
06-02-2005, 01:45 AM
RHCP have released a Greatest Hits, and they're still together...

Come_out_swinging
06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
i got nothing to say except.... I HOPE OFFSPRING WILL STAY ALIVE!!!

Dexter_Holland
06-02-2005, 02:38 AM
They won't quit... it's just a greatest hit album to earn more money or something... AND A NEW TOUR TROUGH EUROPE!

and if they quit, im gonna make a coverband and im the new noodles ^^

voodoomagik
06-02-2005, 02:40 AM
You make such a big deal out of this stuff...they did their job well..they pleased all their fans....so what if they decide to quit???...they deserve some rest...imagine being on the road for years..... of course i wish they wouldn't quit but i wouldn't blame them if they did so...

Aimeht
06-02-2005, 03:51 AM
NO, they are not. -deny-

original_prankster
06-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Noodles said they have an album with new material coming out soon. I seriously doubt they are quitting. Plus, there's Green Day's International Superhits CD...

Can't Repeat is not about the drummer OR about them quitting. It's about someone who doens't like change that wishes he could do the things he loved to do in the past.

"Life goes on
Come of age
Can't hold on
Turn the page"

It doesn't sound like "my god, this drummer is nothing like Ron" or "No one likes us so we're quitting" to me. :rolleyes:

voodoomagik
06-02-2005, 06:13 AM
wtf??? who said that "can't repeat" was about ron welty leavin'???....lmao...lol....hahahahaahahhaha.....y ou guys crack me up.......

Holger estonia
07-02-2005, 06:07 AM
maan i reaaly hope not

gortesque
07-02-2005, 06:39 AM
they are already working on a new album.

RonWelty
07-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Noodles said they have an album with new material coming out soon. I seriously doubt they are quitting. Plus, there's Green Day's International Superhits CD...

Can't Repeat is not about the drummer OR about them quitting. It's about someone who doens't like change that wishes he could do the things he loved to do in the past.

"Life goes on
Come of age
Can't hold on
Turn the page"

It doesn't sound like "my god, this drummer is nothing like Ron" or "No one likes us so we're quitting" to me. :rolleyes:

i think "can ´t repeat " is about Offspring´s mood by now when they read that "OFFSPRING SUCKS NOW " "OFFSPRING IS POP" etc etc

0r4ng3
07-02-2005, 06:59 AM
maan i reaaly hope not
You bumped this thread just to say that?

Oh well, you get a gold star for using the search button.

notoriousdoc
07-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Is Offspring Coming To The End Of The Line?

http://odl.vwv.at/english/odlres/res8/Grammar/grammar.htm

Go there and learn, my friend

Preecey
07-02-2005, 07:15 AM
I won't belive they're splitting up until it's officially stated that that is the case.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-02-2005, 07:53 AM
This thread was done ages ago...and i think Noodles posted ''we're not quitting'' they wont split up yet...there new album is out next year around summer...and they have to tour to support the album

HeadAroundU
07-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Guys i was just wondering, do you think Offspring are coming to an end.
sure. :cool:

Aimeht
07-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Nooo, they are NOT coming to an end. *Denying*

DougieD
07-02-2005, 08:38 AM
What about that album that they said they're makeing, the one due out 2025.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes. The Offspring are, in fact, quitting.

Eventually.