PDA

View Full Version : Why!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

Revolver-2005?
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
I listened to Mission From God and it was so freakin awesome...so awesome...why cant they still play music like this and write like this...ignition era was so great...

when i heard cant repeat for the first time i hated it...its still tough to listen to for me, but now i can stand it...but Mission From God...second i heard it i loved it...

Offspring_01
06-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Dammit, I haven't heard it yet, the sound on my computer isn't working (my computers the biggest pile), and I have no disks to burn it. IM FREAKIN OUT! :eek:

I don't know
06-02-2005, 03:56 PM
offspring still makes awesome songs

Gayman
06-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah!!!! But they do other kind of song than in the year 1990....but it's still great!!! Mission is kinda like from there...

Jake
06-02-2005, 04:12 PM
why cant they still play music like this and write like this...
people change...

Offspring_01
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
They probably can, they just choose not to.

Hey Noodles, you should answer, I know your viewing this thread. :)

Jake
06-02-2005, 04:19 PM
ya, i also noticed he was viewing...

Revolver-2005?
06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
but they just lost what hooked me onto the offspring i think...s/t and ignition...my dad bought them when i was a kid and i listened to them...hooked me...their newer albums i love them...but they just didnt have the same "Wow" s/t and ignition had

scotishabbit
06-02-2005, 05:33 PM
im on a mission im on a mission from god, fuckin good song, i hope they play again like this

IXNAY123
06-02-2005, 05:51 PM
i like all of the offsprings music, ive heard people say that Splinter sucks and all that crap when my two fav offspring cds are Ixnay and Splinter....i love all their music, i dont know what it is about them i just love everysong theyve recorded (that ive heard anyways)

Dexter_Kyle
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
offspring still makes awesome songs

That is so fucking right girl ! :D
I hope they play this song live !

Revolver-2005?
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
they do still make awesome songs...i doubt theyll play this song live though...even though thtd be awesome

Camilamazed
06-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I guess you all should hear what I say. Their best is about to come.They realsed the GH to new fans get used with what they've done and prepare them for teh great material which is coming after the greatest hits :D

Dexter_Kyle
06-02-2005, 06:28 PM
I guess you all should hear what I say. Their best is about to come.They realsed the GH to new fans get used with what they've done and prepare them for teh great material which is coming after the greatest hits :D

I did hear what you say and I 100% expect it to be true :D . If that happens I'm going to thank you for having hope on the band and believe in them ;)

Camilamazed
06-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I did hear what you say and I 100% expect it to be true :D . If that happens I'm going to thank you for having hope on the band and believe in them ;)

I've always believed in them, after all I've been their fan for the past 11 years.They had never disapointed me. :D

samr
06-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I just realized how much Denial Revisited rocks.

The Offspring should make more songs like Mission and Denial.

endlesst0m
06-02-2005, 07:50 PM
mission from god isnt that great. its just an awkward song, and in one part the time signature is retarded. its just not an example of music that is done right. it kind of sucks. the melodies are okay in some parts.

Revolver-2005?
06-03-2005, 03:07 AM
i like it alot, it rekindled my faith in the offspring

splinty
06-03-2005, 04:32 AM
you claim that they dont make good enough music anymore? on a side note wot about ixnay? fantastic album as was smash. wer'nt they all since ignition?
couple of the tracks on americana wer rockin too, ok i agree that conspiracy was a bit of a let down at times but still fantastic. want u bad and the track conspiracy wer great, and i wouldnt count them as bad albums on their behalf,id count them as changes in direction

Pilau
06-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Mission From God reminds us of how Offspring should be. This was Offspring in their prime before they started writing novelty pop songs and weak filler tracks.

The first four albums had variety without sinking to the depths of later efforts. After Ixnay their albums suddenly became really hit and miss.

I can only listen to half of Americana, CO1 was a lot better, even Defy You kicked arse but Splinter had so many strong songs that it was sad they shot themselves in the foot with songs like Hit That, Worst Hangover Ever, CGMHAY and the criminally lame When You're In Prison.

Camilamazed
06-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Mission From God reminds us of how Offspring should be. This was Offspring in their prime before they started writing novelty pop songs and weak filler tracks.

The first four albums had variety without sinking to the depths of later efforts. After Ixnay their albums suddenly became really hit and miss.

I can only listen to half of Americana, CO1 was a lot better, even Defy You kicked arse but Splinter had so many strong songs that it was sad they shot themselves in the foot with songs like Hit That, Worst Hangover Ever, CGMHAY and the criminally lame When You're In Prison.

Come on Pilau. The worst hangover ever is sooo real.who haven't gone through that once???????

When you're in prison is a funny joke (I think) for the guy who was going to Walla Walla hehe......... Yeah, I may be silly but I utterly believe both songs are related :D

Strider
06-03-2005, 09:54 AM
This is more a personal thing.

Good songs. Bad songs. This is only the selfish perception of ppl. I mean, I like Can't repeat but I hate Mission From God. So what? What matters is that the band, despite so many changes, still advocates the "essence" of punk. Music, as an expression of art, is not to dope ppl - especially punk. It expresses our unsatisfaction, our energy, our will to change the world we're in. So, we should just thank God The Offspring exist and play for us.

A lot of ppl here dislike Can't Repeat, and I won't argue with them. It's a matter of opinion.

Camilamazed
06-03-2005, 10:01 AM
I know Raphy, but you agree that the guys alway surprises us.We never know what's to come. That's the most important thing about them. :D

Strider
06-03-2005, 10:05 AM
How good it would be if more ppl had an open mind like yours, Camy :)

Camilamazed
06-03-2005, 10:05 AM
How good it would be if more ppl had an open mind like yours, Camy :)

That was really nice hehe :D

Strider
06-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Enough with the flattery...

Ya know, as a communicator I try to give information to ppl and hear what they have to say. I love forums because of that. What makes me feel happy is that we all have different opinions, yet we have many things in common. We're all humans, breathe the same air, step on the same ground and we all like The Offspring. If we were to look for our similarities instead of our differences maybe we could change the world.

offspring777
06-03-2005, 11:07 AM
I just realized how much Denial Revisited rocks.

The Offspring should make more songs like Mission and Denial.

Hey man fuckin rights. When I first heard this song I thought it was ok but I didn't like it too much. Then I listened to it the other day for the first time in prolly a year or sumthing and I was like "hell yeah this song is sweet" Thats trippy.

Revolver-2005?
06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
you claim that they dont make good enough music anymore? on a side note wot about ixnay? fantastic album as was smash. wer'nt they all since ignition?
couple of the tracks on americana wer rockin too, ok i agree that conspiracy was a bit of a let down at times but still fantastic. want u bad and the track conspiracy wer great, and i wouldnt count them as bad albums on their behalf,id count them as changes in direction

I never said they dont make good enough music anymore. What I said is their newer stuff lacked that "magic" that S/T and Ignition had for me. I love Ixnay, it's a great album, along with the others, they just didn't give me the same feeling S/T and Ignition did.