PDA

View Full Version : download the full Mission From God mp3 here, guys!

Satanic_Surfer
06-03-2005, 05:19 AM
http://www.theoffspring.info/

Yeah, it's that easy, you'll see it on the top.

Im quite sure of the following; that this is a re-recording of the track itself, you can first of all hear that due to the sound quality, wich The Offspring certainly did not have back in 1992.

Secondly i'd like to say that this song might be the one that used to go by the demoname "Religion" among others. The hardcore fans knows what im talking about, someone recorded an ordinary mono tape of The Offspring playing live long back in time, it's been spread on internet and from it are tracks such as What Are We Heading For (Jennifer Lost The War), Ballroom Blitz, Out On Patrol with saxophone and this track, it was removed though because according to Dexter, The Offspring has never been about religion and none of the band members has ever concider themselves to be religious or to believe in God, there you have it.

It certainly sounds like a re-recorded verision though, thinking as even Dexters vocals sounds a bit like you would have heard em on Splinter, but you recognize the drums and melodies that doesnt go along perfectly from how a (real) Punk Rock band would have played it, for the fun of it, not for the sake of making a professional recording.

bouncingcoles
06-03-2005, 06:30 AM
its a wicked good song. i think its an old unreleased song that they remastered.

panzor41
06-03-2005, 12:17 PM
its good.....almost something from Ignition! :D

Mannen som blev en gris
06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
^That's because it is something from Ignition :rolleyes:

dead666
06-03-2005, 12:25 PM
it's a fucking good song :D

offspring rules !

nightvision
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Definately re-mastered, not re-recorded. If it's the same song as the one called "Religion", I have no idea. Doesn't feel like it though... Dexter did say that "Mission From God" certainly isn't a religious song in any way.

EDIT: I really can't remember what the song Religion sounds like anyway, I don't have that mp3 anymore.

killboypwrheadjx
06-03-2005, 02:50 PM
it isnt religion...i have that recording and it has this kind of tsol-esque interlude in the middle that is no way on mission from god.

mission from god its an awesome song though! i just wish they would release the original recording instead of a remastered, remixed, re-recorded, whatever you wanna call it.

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't think this song is/was the supposed Manic Subsidal demo "Religion" MP3 that used to make the rounds.

But it did make me think of something..."Mission from God" really sounds like it would have been at home on _Ignition_. Wow.

0r4ng3
06-03-2005, 09:29 PM
It could've also fit in with Self Titled.

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I thought of that. But even though it's Atom on drums now, the drums make it sound more like Ignition to me.

bd007h
06-04-2005, 01:05 AM
I think it sounds more Self-Titled-ish. All in all, It kicks some major ass. This is how the offspring should still sound.

Dexter_italy
06-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I thought of that. But even though it's Atom on drums now, the drums make it sound more like Ignition to me.

It's not Atom drumming in mission from god!! it's ron, How many of you didn't understand that Mission from god was take off from ignition?? it's a sogn from 1992 :eek:
________
BLOWJOB GAGGING (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/345/gagging/videos/1)

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2005, 05:34 AM
It's not Atom drumming in mission from god!! it's ron, How many of you didn't understand that Mission from god was take off from ignition?? it's a sogn from 1992 :eek:

LOL, then no wonder it sounds like Ignition to me!

And um, obviously there are a lot of people that didn't get that "Mission from God" was an Ignition outtake. For example, I seem to have missed that memo. No need for the attitude.

Dexter_H
06-04-2005, 06:17 AM
They should still have the tapping of the ride cymbol during the chorus like back in the day.

Dexter_italy
06-04-2005, 07:15 AM
LOL, then no wonder it sounds like Ignition to me!

And um, obviously there are a lot of people that didn't get that "Mission from God" was an Ignition outtake. For example, I seem to have missed that memo. No need for the attitude.

:) Sorry if I've been a little agressive but there are so many threads about it :D
________
UPSKIRT MATURE (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1122/mature/videos/1)

code_blue
06-04-2005, 10:51 PM
yeah, it's a demo back from 1992. it was remastered because it's coming out on the new punkorama compilation, and i guess epitaph felt that they should make the sound quality better before putting it on there. i spose theyre capitalizing on the offspring's potential to become "cool" again by doing warped and exposing themselves to thousands of scene kids who probably don't even know who offspring are.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2005, 08:53 AM
thousands of scene kids who probably don't even know who offspring are.

No matter how 'scene' those kids are, they know who the Offspring are.

Revolver-2005?
06-05-2005, 09:05 AM
No matter how 'scene' those kids are, they know who the Offspring are.

Alot of people never heard of them, but alot have

Swill
06-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Mission from god is amazing!!!!!!!Im in awe!!!!!
________
FEMALE ADVICE DICUSSION (http://www.love-help.org/female-advice/)

Johny_the_wierdo
06-05-2005, 02:13 PM
They should still have the tapping of the ride cymbol during the chorus like back in the day.

ya, that is great! :D

PresidentKiller
06-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Alot of people never heard of them, but alot have

Yes. I remember downloading a video from last year, the show's presenter said about the Offspring: "this is a band that has sold more records than many but is still relatively unknown"...

I have to say that's true, a lot of people I know don't have a clue about the Offspring... :confused: