PDA

View Full Version : Gone Away is dedicated to a dexter's wife who has died.What about Denial, revisited?

SECO
06-03-2005, 08:52 PM
The lyrics of denial, revisited also seems to be dedicated to someone. I just don't know who is this person. Anyone knows?

Skate Rat 19
06-03-2005, 08:58 PM
eh, probably not a real situation just anothe song. I used to hate that song now i love it personally for some reason, it just has so much power, also if you listen to it a different way it sounds like a laid back song like long view not a sad song. gone away has more power though

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Hasn't Dexter always said in interviews that he doesn't want to say what "Gone Away" is about? So, therefore, no one actually knows what or who or anything that the song is about?

Chef Boyardee
06-03-2005, 10:59 PM
ive always wanted to know this myself...dexter has never explained who the song was written for.....but on the dvd on the dual disk there is a piece where dexter and noodles explain the songs...and im hoping that he will finally reveal what the song is about

Caz
06-03-2005, 11:07 PM
SECO, where did you find this information about Dexters wife? and how legitimate is the source?

sebastienfan
06-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Dexter said that gone away is very personal.ive heard the rumors of the song as been wrote for his wife but no one know.if I meet him some day thats probably the first question i would ask but i wount never ask at the same time.its personal for him and I respect that,its not because we are fans that we have to know everything but if they talk about the origin of that song on the next dvd i will be glad.my english is very bad,im from Quebec,but if I correctly understand,The end of the line talks about something like gone away.

Caz
06-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Hang on - if gone away is about Dexters wife who 'passed away' - why does she apparently cameo as the stewardess in the 'I Choose' clip, which was filmed after gone away was written/recorded? haha - take THAT seco

DEXJR
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Ive heard its about his daughter that died in a car crash at 16
:confused: :eek:

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I dont think Dexter would like us talking about this and spreading rumours.
If Dexter says it's personal, then we should just leave it at that guys.

sebastienfan
06-04-2005, 12:14 AM
your right,if he dont want we know its because its not our business,even if we are all curious.its probably not a thing he wants to share with millions of people he dont evenn know.

killer_queen
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
do denial revisted have to be dedicated someone? if so, we can ask what about pretty fly too. they could make up, it isn't supposed to be real. besides i don't care if gone away about his wife or not. it's a good song and knowing for whom it is for won't make me better.

notoriousdoc
06-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I tihnk you should leave him alone, if he doesn't want to speak about it then is must be deeply personal. Give him a break.

Skip91
06-04-2005, 01:03 AM
I tihnk you should leave him alone, if he doesn't want to speak about it then is must be deeply personal. Give him a break.

yeah dude I agree

notoriousdoc
06-04-2005, 01:11 AM
yeah dude I agree

Thanks! Nobody ever agrees with me *boohoo*

panzor41
06-04-2005, 05:26 AM
I agree.....^^^^

Cejus
06-04-2005, 05:56 AM
I agree.....^^^^
I agree, too. I really would like to know the story behind the song, but hey!! If Dexter doesn't want to talk about it, let's respect him! We all have lived personal experiences we don't want to talk about... :(

Noodles is gay
06-04-2005, 06:19 AM
...bloody hell - not again!

Skate Rat 19
06-04-2005, 06:20 AM
like that time i dropped my cookie in the tall glass of milk and couldn't get it back. I kept grabbing for it but it just broke apart..........sniff sniff....

Noodles is gay
06-04-2005, 06:23 AM
like that time i dropped my cookie in the tall glass of milk and couldn't get it back. I kept grabbing for it but it just broke apart..........sniff sniff....

DUDE! write a song about it! It'd be so deep and meaningful, and if you were ever famous you'd have a load of punk-ass kids saying that it was about your dead wife and actually...it's about a cookie.

DO IT!

Revolver-2005?
06-04-2005, 07:17 AM
itd be interesting to know but he doesnt wanna say anything bout it, so leave it alone

darko
06-04-2005, 09:56 AM
i love the way newbies always bring this up on the bbs

do a search on it!

no-one knows what its about and really outta respeat you shouldnt ask!!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I dont think Dexter would like us talking about this and spreading rumours.
If Dexter says it's personal, then we should just leave it at that guys.
Agreed....(damn 10 letter limit)

code_blue
06-04-2005, 09:37 PM
"denial, revisited" is obviously about his relationship with his wife, kristine. might be a made-up scenario, or something that really happened. who knows.

SECO
06-04-2005, 10:08 PM
OK, OK! I wouldn't bother Dexter. It's just a doubt, ok?..And Caz, I have no secure sources about that. Just heard about it...that's because I posted....to know, alright?...thanks....and let's wait for Greatest Hits. It Probably will have an answer to my question!!!!

sherban
06-04-2005, 11:31 PM
lol...did u noticed that panzor41 cajus and Skate rat 19 have the same logo but in diferent colors....

anyway this stuf is personal and we could talk about it but im sure it woulnt be to nice toward Dex and if our favourite singer doesent like that we should stop....anyway this post is a clishee

I like dexters song about death and when i first heard it i was thinking of a lost friend....this isnt a roumor !