PDA

View Full Version : Gone Away, whats the story behind the lyrics

Offspring18
06-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Just curious if anyone knows what "GONE AWAY" is all about?? To me it sounds like a death or a break up in Dexters life or the bands life.

Thanks,

Offspring18

0r4ng3
06-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I really haven't thought of it, you're the first one to ask this question...

original_prankster
06-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I think it's about his wife dying.

killboybowerhead
06-04-2005, 08:01 PM
You know i thought the fact that A DVD side to the greatest hits is coming out telling the history of the band and each hit, commented by Dex and Noods would kill all the gone away threads. The cd hits stores June 21 find out then and get the dualdisk

Revolver-2005?
06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Just curious if anyone knows what "GONE AWAY" is all about?? To me it sounds like a death or a break up in Dexters life or the bands life.

Thanks,

Offspring18

The songs about the sorrow you feel when someone important passes away. I guess the song they'll listen to when you're dead is "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead"

AlphaDrake
06-05-2005, 01:18 AM
I really haven't thought of it, you're the first one to ask this question...

lol rotfl lmao

Homer
06-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Just curious if anyone knows what "GONE AWAY" is all about??
Offspring18

It's about the world getting cold, because of someone going away. It also talks about how heaven is so far away. Well, the lyrics are about the person being left alone. And well, after that you can pretty much figure the rest out.

by the way, we can read your name a little bit above your post, because that's why it's there, so you don't have to put your name at the end of your post.

Dexter_italy
06-05-2005, 02:10 AM
I think the band should make a song called "SEARCH IT" where they explain how to use the search button, 'cause it seems that's difficoult to use :rolleyes:
________
SEX VIDEO (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Noodles is gay
06-05-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm not even gonna re-type it:

...bloody hell - not again!

notoriousdoc
06-05-2005, 04:10 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/notoriousdoc/Brokenpointlesss.jpg
But then, you're a n00b so I forgive you

RonWelty
06-05-2005, 04:20 AM
I think the band should make a song called "SEARCH IT" where they explain how to use the search button, 'cause it seems that's difficoult to use :rolleyes:
good joke ...with HIT THAT MELODY

everybodys gettin on it i say
threads are a lot but hey
That´s the way
That´s the way Forum gooooo HEY HEY HEY

I know you wanna search it search it !

darko
06-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Just Dont Ask!!

leo3375
06-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Again with this question? This is one that the Mods will have to include in a FAQ thread.

Dexter won't reveal who the song is about. It's a very personal song about someone near and dear to him. He's a very private person and is uncomfortable with this question. Instead, apply your own meaning to the song.

But there are rumors. The most popular one is that the biological mother of his 18-year-old daughter died in a car crash. Whether or not this other woman was his wife, fiancée, or girlfriend depends on where you read the rumors. Although it isn't impossible, it's nothing more than rumors as there has been no confirmation of this.