PDA

View Full Version : The Start

Tired_Of_You
10-21-2004, 03:38 PM
As some of you might saw them with The Offspring or another time, what do you think of them? I thought they were okay even through I couldn't almost hear the voice of the singer. I heard some of their songs after the show and I find them okay but not much

Chris
10-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I like them lots, but I suppose its not music for all. They probably would've gone down better in a smaller venue as alot of the younger fans are pretty ignorant and impatient when it comes to support bands

leo3375
10-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Yup, saw 'em live with the Offspring. Dug what I heard. Met Aimee (who's really sweet), Jaime (he's kind of a jerk), and Ino (their little dog—very cute!). Got "Initiation" a couple weeks ago and I love it!

samr
10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
They were pretty good.

killboybowerhead
10-21-2004, 08:50 PM
she was hot..

SuperKnux
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
I like em' a lot. They are fastly becoming one of my favorite bands. I have their "Initiation" album, as well as the "Death Via Satalite" EP, and I think they are really good discs. I have heard some songs off of "Shackdown!", and I think they are really good. I'm going to order the album online later when I get enough money.

But, yeah.. theSTART, they rule.

Amelia
10-22-2004, 09:55 AM
theSTART are awesome. Aimee Echo has one of the greatest voices that I have ever heard. I think that they are an amazing addition to Nitro. There new album Initiation is really amazing. Check out some of there old stuff too. I can't wait to see them in 2 weeks.

xoxo
amelia

Little_Miss_1565
10-22-2004, 10:17 AM
I have "Intiation." Fucking awesome. Almost remind me too much of Siouxsie and the Banshees, but I don't care. I saw them live with the AKA's a few months back and they were fantastic.

Chris
10-22-2004, 03:39 PM
You may want to check out her previous band, Human Waste Project...managed to get hold of an album but haven't listened to it yet - I've got a feeling its kinda metally but hopefully that shouldn't matter

offspringbaby2004
10-22-2004, 04:30 PM
After I saw them with TheOffspring at the Vancouver show I feel in love with them. They are a pretty good band. Something different, you know?

~Mandy~

GunForHire
10-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I thought they were pretty shit - LOL the crowd at The Point kept giving them the fingers and chanting "get your tits out!"

offspringbaby2004
10-23-2004, 04:59 PM
ohh.. thats to bad :(

~Mandy~

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 05:08 PM
ohh.. thats to bad :(

~Mandy~

explain....

:p

Subsidal
10-24-2004, 01:18 AM
I'm listening to The Start's Like Days (on NitroRecords radio ;)). First time I hear 'em.. Funny voice :D And they're not bad..

dirty_magic
10-28-2004, 08:13 AM
yer they arn't bad, i thought they were a good support band for the offspring when they played in england

SuperKnux
10-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah, they rock.

Anybody know of any active theSTART message boards? I really want to post more about them with fellow fans. I also want to know more information about Aimee Echo's previous bands and what not.

wliethof
10-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Vicky:
I love Them! And Human Waste Project are cool from the songs I heard!

Wliethof:
I like em too. it's pretty different from other bands i know, but i like it anyways.

Chris
10-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, they rock.

Anybody know of any active theSTART message boards? I really want to post more about them with fellow fans. I also want to know more information about Aimee Echo's previous bands and what not.

http://echo.bythethroat.org/ - that seems a pretty good fansite for Aimee Echo - and I imagine the best you can do is visit the official forums....theres some users around on soulseek sharing HWP releases if you're interested as well

QuickKill
11-11-2004, 12:01 PM
The start isn't a bad band, Their not a good band. Their songs suck when you frist hear them, But for some reason you just have to hear it again and again.

Chris
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
well I now own all of their releases so im happy :cool:

too_close_to_see
11-12-2004, 12:41 AM
From the songs i've heard, they seem like a cool band.

Jofspring
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
i met them and i have a funny story involving them. check out my post in general offspring disscussion, the name of the thread is "funny story involving the offspring(kinda)". there really cool guys & Girl. good band too

HeadAroundU
06-19-2005, 01:17 PM
I love this band!!!!

Alexia_DemonGurl
06-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I saw them open for the Offspring last year. I really liked them. I have yet to grab a copy of initiation but I still have my MP3 of Like Days that Nitrorecords.com was "giving out" last August. It's kinda funny because that was the one song I remembered liking from the concert.
Lastly, Aimee Echo is the reason for my current hair color scheme. Black under a shorter layer of blonde(like on my avatar). Very punk, I guess. ^ ^

HeadAroundU
06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I made "Best of" of their music:

13 songs for you :)
http://savefile.com/projects/199824
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are simply amazing!Best song:"The conversation"
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Mix/START_press4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Mix/visalia.jpg

dexterisMYman
06-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I love the START. i have almost all the cds.i have Death via Satelitte and Initiation.

SkunkIt
06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
I like them from what i've heard so far, they should be on the Warped Tour! :D

Alexia_DemonGurl
07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I made "Best of" of their music:

13 songs for you :)
http://savefile.com/projects/199824
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rock! Thanks for the songs! ^ ^

GreenTerror
07-14-2005, 11:19 PM
I saw them with offspring last year... And now I'm in love with them. Aweosme band.

HeadAroundU
05-11-2007, 05:08 PM
bump!

New song up from the new album:
http://www.myspace.com/thestart

"New Album "Ciao, Baby" out June 5th."

I have 3 demos, if anybody wants.

Bazza
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I checked out their MySpace and they're actually not that bad. Normally I don't like female vocalists, but this worked well. Don't suppose you could upload them demos please?? :o

nameless
05-11-2007, 06:04 PM
ive never checked them out properly, i only saw them opening for the offspring in 2004! they didnt sound like they had anything amazing going for them, but then again, opening bands rarely do!

HeadAroundU
05-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Tracklist!
http://www.metropolis-records.com/artists/?artist=thestart

Bazza, 3 demos:
http://download.yousendit.com/E6233CAB5BAD6D9B

This is their website, there's 17 songs but in a poor quality. Check out, Nemesis, the 1234, Melt, Los Angelos, Hi Flyer, Gorgeous, Shakedown!, Dirty Lion.
http://www.thisisthestart.com/index1.html

The new album seem to be more dancier.

SaiKYoU
05-11-2007, 06:42 PM
i fucking see a lot of similarities btwn theSTART and The cardigans... they have a similar style...

I really like "Like Days" it's my favourite song of them...

and FUCK that's not punk!

HeadAroundU
05-11-2007, 07:00 PM
theSTART is:
Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge, Synth Pop, New Wave (divided from Punk)

Also everybody, check her previous band:
http://www.myspace.com/humanwasteproject
Bad ass band. They made one amazing album. Phenomenal drums through the whole record. Her magical and energetic voice is amazing.
"The one night in spain..." is the best song ever.
"Shine" well, she can scream.
"Disease" the coolest song ever. Amazing drums.

Betty
05-12-2007, 04:22 PM
ive never checked them out properly, i only saw them opening for the offspring in 2004! they didnt sound like they had anything amazing going for them, but then again, opening bands rarely do!

The fuck? I'm pretty sure all bands start playing as opening bands. And sure, a good chunk of them are not great, but with that attitude you'll never discover any great up and coming musicians.

0r4ng3
05-12-2007, 04:29 PM
That's where "rarely" comes in. Sure, not every opening band is going to sound great, but once in a while one does, and that's the band that will most likely be a great up-and-comer.

mrconeman
05-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I thought they were pretty shit - LOL the crowd at The Point kept giving them the fingers and chanting "get your tits out!"
I was there, and remember no such thing.
They were o.k, nothing great, nothing terrible.

nameless
05-13-2007, 02:53 PM
The fuck? I'm pretty sure all bands start playing as opening bands. And sure, a good chunk of them are not great, but with that attitude you'll never discover any great up and coming musicians.

well im am open to new bands and music, theres been plenty of support bands going second that ive got into but just never the opening band! nowadays im not really that bothered if i see the first band or not!

SuperKnux
05-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Man, I can't wait for "Ciao, Baby". It's going to rock.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-16-2007, 10:32 PM
ive seen them play live twice, once opening for rancid, and the headlined a show at chain reaction in anaheim not too long ago.

my band rehearses at a place called bomb shelter rehearsal studios in westminster, and one night we were packing up our stuff, to put in our respective cars. The hallway in the place is pretty narrow, and there was this large gear case taking up most of the area. I looked down as I was squeezing past, and spray painted on the case was "theSTART". We found out that we had been rehearsing next door to theSTART! we talked to them for a while, and they were really cool. My bandmates had no idea who they were at the time, but I was stoked!

SuperKnux
05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Damn monkey, that's so awesome! That doesn't happen to often with people.

HeadAroundU
05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
There might be something hidden but don't tell anyone, like seriously. (http://download.yousendit.com/E6416EEB75930BA5)

HeadAroundU
05-25-2007, 09:52 AM
You know is shakin' like it's 1984!

Come on and shake it baby, I see you move. Come on and liberate it, the revolution.

It's a dance revolution! That's right! It's a dance revolution! That's right!

*anyone found something in the post above?*

SuperKnux
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes, we all see it.

So, um, are those lyrics to "Dance Revolution" or something?

HeadAroundU
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes, you all see it but did you find something?

In the post #43 is something hidden. If you are not smart enough to figure it out, you don't deserve it.

Yes, they are! Do you have the album?

HeadAroundU
05-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Wartime (It's Time to Go Now) - 9.5/10 Great opening track. Everything works together, electronic effects, vocals, electronic drums... Tempo is changing very smoothly. Catchy chorus. Ideal singel.

Runaway - 8.5/10 The more I listen the more I love it. It's fast and cute. Simply fun! I want to hug Aimee when she says "still still hanging around", cute. The whole chorus is cute. :) Drums are straight and sound very good. There also is a short guitar solo in the middle, kinda like smashing pumpkins... The song is is filled with their typical electronic arrangements.

Just a Fantasy - 9/10 Chorus is sexy as hell. Aimee's voice sounds more mature. Powerful drums again, what's great, they sound half real and half electronic, it works perfectly. Very good and cool electronic effects, bells are fantastic. Magical song.

Blood on My Hands - 10/10 Great vocal harmonies. Tight 3 minute song. Aimee rules!

Millionaire - 8.5/10 It's good, but there is something wrong and I don't know what...I guess I don't like this song. I like it when the song is at its lowest speed.

Dance Revolution - 10/10 Awesome song. Very clever. Genius. Fun. Cool. I love the lyrics. It's definitely something new for theSTART.

Master Plan - 9.5/10 Nice drum intro. Nice bass. I luv chorus. Great mysterious mood. Very pleasant song. Good for your heart. <3

Fix - 9/10 So cool. Electronic song with fantastic killer chorus. It wouldn't be a very interesting song without the chorus.

Surrender - 9.5/10 I love this song with passion. <3 Drums are real and powerful. Song sounds raw and catchy. Great mysterious guitars with awesome effects. Lyrics are repeated but Aimee is the love so it doesn't matter...

Ciao Baby - 7/10 The least appealing song to me. It lacks something...but it's not bad.

Eno's Song - 11/10 It makes me laugh. :)

I'll give it 4 stars out of 5. I think it should sell at least 10 million records because it's so insanely catchy. It needs a couple of songs more.