PDA

View Full Version : meet the offspring

isaac_14
06-05-2005, 02:43 PM
if you read F.A.Q, they say you cant meet the offspring. i think that sucks and you should be able to.it would be awesome to meet them :) any1 agree ? :confused:

leo3375
06-05-2005, 04:54 PM
If I remember correctly, the question is about backstage passes. Anyone can meet the Offspring, though. You just have to be in the right place at the right time and talk to the right people. In fact, quite a few people here have been fortunate enough to meet them.

isaac_14
06-06-2005, 09:00 AM
thakns for lettin me know that. but there should still be backstage passes.

slayer/metallicafan661
06-06-2005, 09:20 AM
thakns for lettin me know that. but there should still be backstage passes. i want to met the offspring

Offspring-Fanatic
06-06-2005, 09:40 AM
I want to meet them! My mom won't let me go to warped at the Gorge. :mad: :( :mad: What? I CAN'T DRIVE, I'M 14! And now tix are like 75.00 and my friend can't go because she can't afford them... errrrrrrrrrr! I WANT TO MEET THEM! they should sell backstage passes for like 200.00!

heh...forget about the new Xbox! I'm gettin me a backstage pass! lol j/k

I don't even care for Xbox...go Sony!

sry off topic.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I met Dexter once :D

Fat Boy Samsam
06-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Please forward me 2 backstage passes for the European tour in September!

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-06-2005, 11:59 AM
where are warped tickets 75 dollars? who ever is paying that is getting ripped off, old school.

AmieTripodi
06-09-2005, 02:35 PM
When I went to St. Louis for my sister's wedding, by sheer coincidence I stayed in the same hotel as Green Day! I met them as they walked to their tour buses to leave. I'm going home again to visit.....conveniently while the Warped Tour is in St. Louis. I think I'll stay in the same hotel again.....maybe the Offspring will stay there? It would be awesome to meet them!

leo3375
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
When I went to St. Louis for my sister's wedding, by sheer coincidence I stayed in the same hotel as Green Day! I met them as they walked to their tour buses to leave. I'm going home again to visit.....conveniently while the Warped Tour is in St. Louis. I think I'll stay in the same hotel again.....maybe the Offspring will stay there? It would be awesome to meet them!

They'll probably be sleeping on their bus. Dexter said that the Vandals guys described the Wapred Tour as "fantasy camp, with emphasis on the 'camp' part."

Tired_Of_You
06-09-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure leo is right. I remember watching an interview with a band that played at the Warped Tour and they said that all the bands slept in their bus.

Camilamazed
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Cammie is out

I'd never do that :o

AmieTripodi
06-09-2005, 11:29 PM
The Offspring are bigger than most bands who go on the Warped Tour. They can probably better afford staying in hotels than the other bands.

GreenTerror
06-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Why does Leo know everything about everything?

Tired_Of_You
06-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Because she's obsessed with The Offspring?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
lol, i don't think that The Offspring would stay in a motel either, and backstage passes for $200....? the whole most pit would be backstage after the show... I respect that they don't make backstage passes, although i would really love to meet them, expecialy Dexter, he's my Idol :p

leo3375
06-10-2005, 10:11 AM
lol, i don't think that The Offspring would stay in a motel either, and backstage passes for $200....?

Yeah, if anyone claims to have been able to buy backstage passes, don't trust 'em. You can't buy those things.

AmieTripodi
06-14-2005, 05:34 AM
On Loveline, Dexter said that he was going to take the bus for the first part of the tour, and then fly his plane. So maybe that means he'll stay in a hotel?

Offspring-Fanatic
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
i dunno...i bet most ppl on here are obsessed with them...

i kno i am lol, and proud of it...

original_prankster
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, if anyone claims to have been able to buy backstage passes, don't trust 'em. You can't buy those things.My friend Charles...his dad knows someone that's going to Warped and Charles claims to have backstage passes. I wonder if I should believe the guy.

leo3375
06-14-2005, 07:53 PM
My friend Charles...his dad knows someone that's going to Warped and Charles claims to have backstage passes. I wonder if I should believe the guy.

How is he able to get backstage passes? They usually only give them to people who are a part of the tour, and even then they only give out a few extra passes for those people's close friends and relatives.

original_prankster
06-14-2005, 08:07 PM
I meant that his dad knows one of the bands. Should have been more specific.

I really don't thinK I should believe him until I actually see them.

If it is true, I will harp on him for bragging to me on the phone for 15 minutes and asking if I was jealous multiple times.

backstagebug
06-14-2005, 10:11 PM
my idols now coming to istanbul... wish i can enter their backstage!! but i could never entered any backstages in rockncoke so far, it's just too hard!!

FeaR
06-15-2005, 07:27 AM
my idols now coming to istanbul... wish i can enter their backstage!! but i could never entered any backstages in rockncoke so far, it's just too hard!!

we must do this together brot we must do this :cool:

backstagebug
06-15-2005, 08:08 AM
we must do this together brot we must do this :cool:
no man... i work alone... as i did before to :: muse, anathema, dead kennedys, starsailor, super furry animals, the gathering, fun lovin criminals, 3 colours red... :D

FeaR
06-15-2005, 08:11 AM
no man... i work alone... as i did before to :: muse, anathema, dead kennedys, starsailor, super furry animals, the gathering, fun lovin criminals, 3 colours red... :D

ok than

good luck.

(iyi olan kazansın abi :D )

isaac_14
06-20-2005, 03:04 PM
hope you do well, and if you do, get thier autographs for me, thanks :)

LiquidXCourage
06-20-2005, 03:47 PM
im going to montreal to see them in the warped tour but i doubt i would meet them

leo3375
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Don't believe the rumors about Dexter being a jerk. He's a super-sweet guy and doesn't act like a "rock star" at all. Watch out for Atom, though, as he likes to stalk fans.

H_Sea
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
what rumours are there of dex being a jerk?

how dare they!?! Dex really is great, in all the interviews and stuff he does he isnt all... (fill in the blank)...at all, he's really nice and talks just, 'normally', if you know what i kinda mean...

leo3375
06-23-2005, 06:59 PM
what rumours are there of dex being a jerk?

how dare they!?! Dex really is great, in all the interviews and stuff he does he isnt all... (fill in the blank)...at all, he's really nice and talks just, 'normally', if you know what i kinda mean...

There were rumors going around last year that Dexter has a "rock-star ego." The first time I heard this rumor was at a show last year. As I've said, Dexter has been nothing but nice and gracious each time our paths have crossed.

FFX-ME
06-23-2005, 08:14 PM
i dunno...i bet most ppl on here are obsessed with them...

i kno i am lol, and proud of it...

i am also obsessed by them but i dont know where to get that info, there is nothing i would love more than to meat them, if i was on my dying bed and had one wich it would be to get lessens by noodles

i know im weird but i prefer noodles over dexter, im a fan of guitar what can i say

H_Sea
06-24-2005, 09:25 AM
i am also obsessed by them but i dont know where to get that info, there is nothing i would love more than to meat them, if i was on my dying bed and had one wich it would be to get lessens by noodles

i know im weird but i prefer noodles over dexter, im a fan of guitar what can i say

i never know where to get the info from, unless my friend tells me. He annoys the hell out of me though and only does it in a 'i know this and u dont' way. But at least i get another bit of info, however much he gloats.

Amber
06-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Don't believe the rumors about Dexter being a jerk. He's a super-sweet guy and doesn't act like a "rock star" at all. Watch out for Atom, though, as he likes to stalk fans.

Really; Atom a stocker?! Last I knew he was happily married...where do you get your information from, the tabloids?

leo3375
06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Really; Atom a stocker?! Last I knew he was happily married...where do you get your information from, the tabloids?

What I mean is that if Atom sees people hanging out before the show he'll initiate a conversation. Maybe he likes to meet the fans or he wants to see how long it will take for someone to figure out who he is. I know this from personal experience.

Rag Doll
06-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I had backstage passes to an Offspring show on the CO1 tour. But I didn't buy them, they were given to me.

And yeah, whoever says Dexter is a jerk is totally wrong...he's ridiculously nice.

Ronin
06-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Dexter and Noodles are really nice.

I got to talk to them on the Rockline radio show in May 2004.

they are very smart and witty and nice. and Dexter is kind of a flirt too :cool:

FaceTheFlames
06-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Y'know. I thought for so long that I wanted to meet Green Day because they initially were my inspiration to aspire to music.. but Dexter and the rest of the Offspring have proven that there is still much to be said for the educated artist. I went to the Warped Tour in Pompano Beach last year, and I never saw any of the Artists just walkin from stage to stage.. Anyone ever been to Warped Tour and met some band members? I just want to say hi to Offspring and thank them for their inspiration. Of course that sounds gay.. but it's true. Oh yeah.. $75.00 for tix sux. I paid $27 for Orlando, and Green Day tix were selling for $55 at the door in Orlando in April, so.. CA must be real expensive.

matt21
06-25-2005, 12:40 PM
does anyone know if theres goin t be another tour next year??? let me know, cheers

leo3375
06-25-2005, 09:47 PM
does anyone know if theres goin t be another tour next year??? let me know, cheers

I can't answer that. You would have to look at the Tour page on the site.

___
06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
http://offspring.liberationmedia.com/forums/images/editor/cut.gif

Consider suicide

sitdyneshelagh
06-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Wow Leo, I'm intrigued, and rather envious about you getting to meet the guys! Tell me more? :) when/where/how? lucky fooker

Motaboy
06-27-2005, 07:40 AM
You guys are so lucky to have met the offspring,i am not worthy,
let me explain....i am a 15 year old drummers who live in a shit place called South Africa who was exposed to the amazing sounds of the most amazing band known to mankind when i was 7.i am now playing session drums in the studio for an small salery to pay for my drum studies.To meet the offspring would make my heart swell.

Amber
07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
What I mean is that if Atom sees people hanging out before the show he'll initiate a conversation. Maybe he likes to meet the fans or he wants to see how long it will take for someone to figure out who he is. I know this from personal experience.

Yeah, that sounds like Atom, he's a real character sometimes :)

Anyways, this is supposed to be about meeting the Offspring right? Well, I've personally been introduced to everyone in the band except Dexter, maybe during their next tour I'll finally met him. :rolleyes:

Here's my opinion on the rest; Atom is a cool and fun guy to hang out with.
Noodles is the biggest sweetheart ever, he's very genuine and is very happy doing what he does. Greg seems a little shy, but sweet none the less.

So, all you Offspring fans, all I have to say is that you couldn't have picked a better band to be fans of; these guys not only play great music but are really an awesome bunch of guys too! :D

killboybowerhead
07-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah i didnt want to miss much of Armor for Sleep and FFTL today so i got there and they ended the signing line at me. So that sucked. Only member of the offspring that came over and signed my cd cover was Atom. I love that guy, then i asked him what flashback song they were gonna play and he asked what we wanted to hear and we said "kick em when hes down." They played it. They closed the show... guarantee that the sacramento crowd will be their best crowd the entire tour.

Marit
07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
So, all you Offspring fans, all I have to say is that you couldn't have picked a better band to be fans of; these guys not only play great music but are really an awesome bunch of guys too! :D

I can think of one band, but... that's just me.

isaac_14
07-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I can think of one band, but... that's just me.
what band is it ? :confused:

Kitten
07-09-2005, 09:11 AM

When my friend and I met the Offspring, he was the second one to talk to us, he is really nice, but don't try drummer jokes on him, he will get you back later.

Marit
07-09-2005, 09:29 AM
what band is it ? :confused:

Does it really matter?

rjjr
07-09-2005, 11:31 PM
I was at the Warped Tour yesterday in Boise. We got to meet them at the Myspace.com tent for a signing. They all were incredibly polite and easy to talk to. Noodles appeared to really enjoy talking to the fans that were there. They signed my son's skateboard and seemed especially happy to sign something other than the posters that were given out. They also took a few seconds (with a hundred people behind us) for us to get a picture with them.

leo3375
07-10-2005, 08:35 PM
@ sitdyneshelagh: If I told you all my secrets I would have to kill you. I really don't like to share my stories out of fear that people will think I'm a liar and/or a braggart.

@ Amber: You really should meet Dexter. He's not as talkative as Noodles but I would say he's the nicest out of all of them.

And to answer a few questions, to date I have met the Offspring 5 times. After July 24, that number could change.

isaac_14
07-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Does it really matter?
Yes it does :p
Leo, you are very lucky to meet them 5 times !! :eek: i have never met them, and trust me, i never will :(

mcgheheygirl_15
07-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I went to the Warped Tour in S.F. and I thought that since The Offspring were the biggest band there, they would play late in the day. . . I was wrong. :( The ride I went with left late so we didn't get there until 12:40 and then found out that The Offspring were playing at 1:00. :mad: My friend and I were so pissed. By the time we got to the stage, there were so many people that we couldn't get to the front. I was so devastated when I found out they weren't signing. I took my poster of Dex and Noodles and it got messed up. I want to meet them so bad. I plan on going to their next concert so maybe I'll get to meet them. . . . :o

Marit
07-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Yes it does :p

That's too bad.

rexen
07-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Me and my 2 friends met Noodles after their show in Milwaukee. We just waited by the gate next to the stage and waited to spot someone. we got noodles to come over and he signed our shirts and we got pictures with him and he talked us and other fans. He's pretty cool, but I wish I could've met the other guys.
You just gotta have patience and know where to look.

smileemptysoul44
07-14-2005, 02:52 PM
well of course we agree oh no we dont wana meet our fav band.

Black Dragon
07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
@ sitdyneshelagh:

And to answer a few questions, to date I have met the Offspring 5 times. After July 24, that number could change.

I want to congratulate you!! :cool: you where very lucky to meet the guys 5 times. I wish I could, but unfortunatly I live in the Ass of the world ( Argentina) , it's a great country. But Offspring don't came here very often, so I don't have any chance of meeting them. But Anyway can you tell me how did you do that, was before or after the show??
I'll thank you if you could tell me that :D

leo3375
07-14-2005, 08:19 PM
A little from Column A and a little from Column B.

Here's another secret: learn how to name-drop.

rocketman
07-14-2005, 08:54 PM
hey leo we should meet up at the metrodome lol...show me your secrets, for i am ready

Ragnar
07-15-2005, 03:02 PM
What about spain?????, i want go to one concert, but in spain, so , do you know sometihngs of them concerts at spain?????????

dextermyideal
07-22-2005, 07:47 AM
i want to meet them too!

meet his idols should be obligatory for anyone
don't you agree?

offspringbaby2004
07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I got to meet the Offspring. I was at the Warped Show in Vancouver BC, and they were doing the MySpace signing. I was about 8th or so in line. I got 7 things autographed... when I get back from my holidays I will try and get some pictures up. I got a picture of Dexter, and one of Noodles and Greg together. (but none of me with them) I did get one of Noodles signing my brothers "boob" though. That turned my brother into a fan. haha And just before we left for the day, my brother spotted Dexter going behined the fence and meeting up with the rest of the band to great some people from a radio station. I happened to have a letter for the band... so my boyfriend (at the time) asked if I could go back there and give them the letter.. so he let me in. When I got up to them, their tour manager (I beleive it was) asked if I was from the radio station.. i said I wasn't but the guard had let me in, so he said "ok, well here are the guys" so I ended up talking to Higgins for a couple mins, then he said he was going to give the letter to the singer.. so he walked over and gave it to Dexter and he looked at it and was like "Anthrax?" haha... he shook my hand and we talked about my friends offspring website for a couple mins. And just before I left the tour manager asked if I had gotten everything I needed (he was a nice guy) and then I thanked the guys and left! It was amazing.. but I had no film left on my camera by then, but I am not lying to you guys. I took a whole role of film at the signing booth, and when they played.. because I wasn't expecting this. They are real nice guys, and act very level to their fans! :)
So you can met them, just keep your eyes open! ;)

~Mandy~

Julie
07-23-2005, 10:37 PM
In fact, quite a few people here have been fortunate enough to meet them.
Yup *Points to herself*

Apathy
07-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I wasn't at one of the events with the signings unfortunately, but I did manage to find dexter hanging out by the Nitro Tent. I got His Signature, but I didn't actually say anything to him. It probably shouldn't be classified as a conversation, went more like this.

Me: Hi
Dex: Hey.
Me: Holds Out Card.
Dex: Signs it and I walked away.

bleh.

kickass0987654321
07-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Were there really people who met The Offspring? They are so lucky!!!

defy me
07-24-2005, 03:40 AM
I wasn't at one of the events with the signings unfortunately, but I did manage to find dexter hanging out by the Nitro Tent. I got His Signature, but I didn't actually say anything to him. It probably shouldn't be classified as a conversation, went more like this.

Me: Hi
Dex: Hey.
Me: Holds Out Card.
Dex: Signs it and I walked away.

bleh.

haha sounds like what happened when i met Tre Cool.
Me: hi.
Tre: Hey, nods and walks off.

leo3375
07-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I suppose that I should update the number of times I have met the Offspring. As of tonight, I have met them six times. A hired goon let me backstage for some reason. I guess he wanted too be nice to someone.

Flare
07-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Im only 12years old and I am going to warped tour in nissan pavillion. im pretty much going to just see offspring but i would love to meet them that would be an all around awesome day!

~Flare~
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Im only 12years old and I am going to warped tour in nissan pavillion. im pretty much going to just see offspring but i would love to meet them that would be an all around awesome day!

hahahah i can quote myself with my new name hahahahaa