View Full Version : The Death Penalty

SicN Twisted
11-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Yay or nay?

lousyskater
11-07-2004, 11:25 PM
nay. nobody has the right to kill.
________
Park Royal 3 Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Moose
11-07-2004, 11:42 PM
maybe thats y u should say yay. i am undecided right now. but if someone killed your mom, dad, or sibling, in a room alone, ud kill the motherfucker that did it.

lousyskater
11-07-2004, 11:50 PM
even if someone killed my mom or dad, i still wouldn't feel that the killer deserved to die. a life sentence in a prison is enough punishment. and before you say i don't know what it's like to lose someone close to me that was murdered, my cousin was killed by some psycho in the middle of nowhere. apparently the dude was parked on the side of the road and had his emergency blinkers on. my cousin, being the good guy he was, stopped to offer help thinking that the guy's car was messed up. as soon as my cousin got over to him, the guy shot him right in the face. i know this because the guy confessed when he was found.
________
Maurizz (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Maurizz/)

SicN Twisted
11-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Who can decide such a transcending question as who deserves to live? Certainly not the state.

Moose
11-08-2004, 12:11 AM
i suppose. nothing i could say to that.

wheelchairman
11-08-2004, 04:49 AM
The death penalty is generally unacceptable.

ihatechrissneed
11-08-2004, 04:49 AM
even if someone killed my mom or dad, i still wouldn't feel that the killer deserved to die. a life sentence in a prison is enough punishment. and before you say i don't know what it's like to lose someone close to me that was murdered, my cousin was killed by some psycho in the middle of nowhere. apparently the dude was parked on the side of the road and had his emergency blinkers on. my cousin, being the good guy he was, stopped to offer help thinking that the guy's car was messed up. as soon as my cousin got over to him, the guy shot him right in the face. i know this because the guy confessed when he was found.
This sounds like the toyota advert

Blackball
11-08-2004, 06:35 AM
I'm all for life imprisonment if it does exactly what it says on the tin life imprisonment non of this early release stuff that happens all the time in the U.K

Fallen.
11-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Who can decide such a transcending question as who deserves to live? Certainly not the state.

i dont see why not. the punishment should fit the crime. this is not a statement of support, but im challenging the point.

Nepthys
11-08-2004, 07:09 AM
I'm all for life imprisonment if it does exactly what it says on the tin life imprisonment non of this early release stuff that happens all the time in the U.K

I agree with that. I don't believe in killing people as a punishment and besides that, a lifelong sentence is probably worse for a criminal than death. I mean, when they're in prison for the rest of their lives they are forced to think about what they've done, they suffer. They can't do that when they're dead.
Also, the goverment is less likely kill innocent people by mistake when there's no death penalty.

wheelchairman
11-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Well that's just silly. For example, the majority of people who are on death row have the mental capacity of a 5 year old. How can they comprehend the seriousness and depth of what they have done?

There are extenuating circumstances for everything. And prison is not a punishment, prison is designed to keep unwanted elements out of society until they can reform themselves and not repeat their former actions. Obviously this fails miserably. Great strides can be made with rehabilitation programs, however people tend to want react in violence. Even I want to react violently to the actions of some people. However that is certainly not how one should run a country, everything should be thought out calmly and logically or else you'll do something stupid and irrational.

Nina
11-08-2004, 07:47 AM
disclaimer: i did not read what anybody else wrote.

nobody deserves to die, as no human being has the right
to decide over the life of another person. especially not
a state.
saying that a murderer himself should be punished by death
penality is totally missing the point of what punishment
is. how can he possibly realize what he has done when he
is dead? how can he feel guilty when he does not live
anymore? that doesnt make sense to me.
also, i believe that no human being would kill another
person unless he is sick in his mind. it can be of ANY kind,
i am not saying i know about everything...but to me it is
not understandable how somebody is able to kill another
person, unless he is simply insane or has even the slightest
illness... and so, since when do people who need to be
cured because they are sick deserve to die?

shatskater
11-08-2004, 07:54 AM
life imprisonment.....what kinda punishment is that. sure its boring but hey, free food, free shelter, free excersising gym, long time friendships, the only bad thing about life punishment aside from it being boring is being gang raped. plus alot of the life long convicts get out on parole on good behaivor, so they could go do what they did agian, i dont care about the death penalty, but if ur gunna talk about something like that, dont just assume that it is immediatly bad.

Nina
11-08-2004, 08:00 AM
people dont assume it. they know it.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
11-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Nay .

wheelchairman
11-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Systems based on punishment generally don't work.

The prison system, as I've said before was not a form of punishment (however unpleasant it is), it's to keep people out of society who don't know how to behave.

The death penalty is to make people afraid of committing crimes (which obviously doesn't work, because people don't commit crimes for fun, well the vast majority of them don't.)

As Nina said, rehabilitation is what is needed for these people.

shatskater
11-08-2004, 08:07 AM
the death penalty is punishment, i mean think, death, do u wanna die, probably not yet, but thats why its punishment, u end there life. plus thats a sure way they cant get out and do what they did before. like i said, i dont care, but thats america, dont like it, then become the president.

Nina
11-08-2004, 08:08 AM
seriously now how old are you, thirteen?

Nina
11-08-2004, 08:09 AM
oh my god you are 17, i just checked.

..haha.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
11-08-2004, 08:10 AM
The prison system, as I've said before was not a form of punishment (however unpleasant it is), it's to keep people out of society who don't know how to behave.

They dont teach them how to behave either so why do they let people out again?

shatskater
11-08-2004, 08:13 AM
.....im 17....shame on u for thinking otherwise.......lol. but wheelchairman, i agree with u for once, prison is kind of a holding place for people who dont know how 2 act, but it is also a punishment, i can tell u, i dont wanna spend the rest of my life there. besides, u guys say the death penalty isnt a punishment so then why does it matter if someone gets murdered and the murderer gets away with it, i mean we all die sooner or later, so why is the death penalty so bad, we are all gunna die anyway?

samr
11-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Well what happens when the jails fill up? and we "waste" resources on criminals. Most offenders who get out of jail repeat the crime they were put in for.

Again, I'm not really for the DP, or against it, just challenging, like that other guy.

shatskater
11-08-2004, 08:17 AM
plus i dont know about other countries but in america if u get accused of say first degree murder, and so on and so forth, then u get out of jail, and u comit the same murder, in america u cannot be punished for first degree murder, so u wont be punished for that crime.

Mota Boy
11-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Here's my fundamental reason for challenging the death penalty - it's imperfect. Over the years there have been numerous cases of people on death row being found innocent after years of failed appeals. The fact that the government is executing innocent citizens should be horrifying enough to rally support against it.

samr
.....im 17....shame on u for thinking otherwise.......lol. but wheelchairman, i agree with u for once, prison is kind of a holding place for people who dont know how 2 act, but it is also a punishment, i can tell u, i dont wanna spend the rest of my life there. besides, u guys say the death penalty isnt a punishment so then why does it matter if someone gets murdered and the murderer gets away with it, i mean we all die sooner or later, so why is the death penalty so bad, we are all gunna die anyway?

If the murderer gets away with it, he'll probably kill again. thats a victim, who was completely innocent.
and at your logic, that we'll all die anyway, I can't believe your still alive. I would have thought you would be in the bathroom cutting your wrist and hanging yourself with dental floss.

shatskater
in other words in america u cannot be accused of the same crime more than once.

shatskater
11-08-2004, 08:20 AM
i thought u were on my side samr, im not crazy suicide person, i love my life, thats why if i new i was gunna be killed for a crime, then that would be punishment for me, but if we all die sooner or later, then why does every1 argue over it, i'll tell u, becuz its is a punishment.

samr
11-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I'm not really anywhere on this subject, or on anyones side. I dont even know you.

wheelchairman
11-08-2004, 08:26 AM
the death penalty is punishment, i mean think, death, do u wanna die, probably not yet, but thats why its punishment, u end there life. plus thats a sure way they cant get out and do what they did before. like i said, i dont care, but thats america, dont like it, then become the president.
Under this definition, forcing me to eat vegetables would also be considered a punishment. Although I see you're from Texas. Basically America's version of Saudi Arabia. I'm sure you would be all for the cutting off of the hand's of thieves wouldn't you?

No my friend though, you are incorrect. The main intent of the death penalty is for it to be a deterrent. "Do you want to die?" "no" "then don't do that."

However this doesn't work, because people still commit these crimes. Something about their environment and conditions force them to. Especially in neighborhoods with high levels of poverty, like the ghettoes.You have families that either can't get any work, or else they can only get plenty of shitty jobs, the education system has abandoned them and they don't have any choices but crime. It's so fuckin' shocking that they turn to crime then isn't it?

So I don't know, how about a crazy idea like fixing the actual problems instead of making these archaic and dogmatically-religious laws of Moses to punish thieves and murders.

Vera
11-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Nay.

Takes away the pain of guilt and generally living in imprisonment.

wheelchairman
11-08-2004, 08:29 AM
They dont teach them how to behave either so why do they let people out again?
Because the system is imperfect. Rehabilitation programs are severely underfunded.

But there have been prison movements that have been vastly able to reform people, the Nation of Islam (America) and the Black Panther Party had a pretty good turnout.

Danielle
11-08-2004, 10:21 AM
It's not right: if u kill someone because they killed someone else u just become the killer, so then logically u should be killed, and so on...
it just doesnt make sense! :(

Moose
11-08-2004, 10:30 AM
its funny, i read how people say "these killers will feel guilt"....im going to have to say pretty much all of them wont, they are killers, do you realize the kind of mind you must have to stab someone again and again and again till they die screaming in pain begging for mercy? come on that is ridiculous. and the rehabilitation thing is a little ridiculous when it comes to at least most killers. i mean come on, like you said wheelchairman, some of these killers have a 5 yr old mental state. they cannot be rehabilitated, maybe the thieves can, and the drug dealers, and hell lets go american history X and say the crazy ass hardcore racist, but to believe that mostly if not all the killers can be rehabilitated is a joke. im not for or against it at this point, but it wouldnt bother me if the death penalty stood. let it be a state to state issue as well.

look i would choose staying in prison over instant death, but then again i never killed anyone so maybe my rational on the subject is off. but then again: cable tv, free food, free shelter, gyms, schooling, books - in the end you may fear for your life and regret what you have done in prison, but would a killer have these thoughts? id say most wont, at least the regret point or feeling guilty point.

Chris
11-08-2004, 11:03 AM
time to bring back the stocks and some public humilation

noodlesfan
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
well, uh life in prison means that you're gonna die in a cell, and i'd rather die in the electric chair or a gas room than in a cell.

SicN Twisted
11-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Why do you all act like punishment is even a good idea/ The purpose of prison isn't to punish and cause discomfort as a form of retribution. It's to keep dfangerous people out of society. This is the 21st century, and the whole eye for an eye thing is completely archaic. THere's no transcendent right or wrong, so I don't see how the state has power to decide who deserves what punishment. They should only have the power to decide how long it's neccesary to seclude someone and prevent them from committing further crimes.

UgLy_eLf
11-08-2004, 07:38 PM
-Electric Shock Treatment :D

-I only read up to page 3 I believe, where you started to mention prison failing, lookin for alternatives, etc.

samr
11-08-2004, 07:49 PM
look i would choose staying in prison over instant death, but then again i never killed anyone so maybe my rational on the subject is off. but then again: cable tv, free food, free shelter, gyms, schooling, books - in the end you may fear for your life and regret what you have done in prison, but would a killer have these thoughts? id say most wont, at least the regret point or feeling guilty point.

actually, *gasp* prison can be a very scary place, depending on where you go. if you're a murderer, you'll probably end up with other murderers.

Prisoners can be killed by other prisoners in prison over a pack of cigarettes, or other worthless items. some of these people just dont care, because they already have life, or the DP. they have nothing to fear.

wheelchairman
11-08-2004, 10:27 PM
-Electric Shock Treatment :D

-I only read up to page 3 I believe, where you started to mention prison failing, lookin for alternatives, etc.
Then don't reply.

punk_flamingo
11-09-2004, 02:22 AM
no...

...because the person who did it shouldnt be given the easy option out, they should have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Theres much worse punishments than death, if you kill them they got it off easy.

JoY
11-09-2004, 06:29 AM
no...

...because the person who did it shouldnt be given the easy option out, they should have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Theres much worse punishments than death, if you kill them they got it off easy.
I agree.

people for death penalty should have it tucked in their own ass.

shatskater
11-09-2004, 09:27 AM
first off, i am from texas, ur right, lol. but texas is not like saudi arabia, i dont no who told u that, but its not, we dont ride horses over here..........damn horses....i hate horses.......lol. anyway, ur right, our system is imperfect but then agian, is anything REALLY perfect, i mean faggot jesus wasnt evenn perfect. and he was Mr. Perfect, lol anywho, uhhh no, but i dont care about the death penalty, it means nothing to me, i agree, i wouldnt wanna die in a cell, but then agian, i dont wanna die at all. but im SOL so oh well.

wheelchairman
11-09-2004, 09:31 AM
first off, i am from texas, ur right, lol. but texas is not like saudi arabia, i dont no who told u that, but its not, we dont ride horses over here..........damn horses....i hate horses.......lol. anyway, ur right, our system is imperfect but then agian, is anything REALLY perfect, i mean faggot jesus wasnt evenn perfect. and he was Mr. Perfect, lol anywho, uhhh no, but i dont care about the death penalty, it means nothing to me, i agree, i wouldnt wanna die in a cell, but then agian, i dont wanna die at all. but im SOL so oh well.
You do ride horses in Texas, the whole goddamn cowboy thing comes from that.

Second they do have cars in Saudi Arabia, quit your ignorance now.

Third, I was comparing the two states in the way that religion has a strong hold on policy.

smileemptysoul44
11-10-2004, 06:03 PM
it depends if its like in the movie the buring bed no but if your some ass who kills som1 then yes.

Sman9453
11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
im for the death penalty, although its cruel, i am so sorry to say this, but some people are not ment to live, like hitler... saddam.... and a few others... its cruel, but neccessery.

SicN Twisted
11-10-2004, 10:32 PM
If they weren't meant to live, they would not have lived. What the fuck is this "meant" to live bullshit? Is there some being that decides the validity of a life? Nobod ycan or can't be meant to live, because there's no transcendent rule on what makes life worthwhile.

Actually, I'm changing my views. Your idiocy has now made me support the death penalty. Go eat a dick.

charlesadude
11-14-2004, 11:27 PM
maybe thats y u should say yay. i am undecided right now. but if someone killed your mom, dad, or sibling, in a room alone, ud kill the motherfucker that did it.

i see. but what if the "motherfucker" was someone also one of your family members what then?

malumboman
11-15-2004, 04:54 PM
the death penalty is a bunch of shit. liberals limit it WAY too much. we should kill drug addicts, thieves, and traffic violators too. if we just killed all the criminals in the US, we would fix most of our nation's problems: unemployment, crime, road ragers, jews. the world would be a better place!

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 04:57 PM
wow... anti-sematic? so jews are criminals? nice... nice... what are you some extreme right wing nazi-wannabe? nice post... there are more factors in all of those than just criminals!

malumboman
11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
i dont care about the other factors! we need to expand the death penalty!

sKratch
11-15-2004, 10:12 PM
I agree.

people for death penalty should have it tucked in their own ass.
I just heard tonight that my friend's neighbor was having an affair with a 50 year old mexican woman, got cought trying to smuggle her in, and was buttraped twice his first night in prison, tried to commit suicide and failed, and got sent to the mental ward.

wheelchairman
11-15-2004, 10:23 PM
the death penalty is a bunch of shit. liberals limit it WAY too much. we should kill drug addicts, thieves, and traffic violators too. if we just killed all the criminals in the US, we would fix most of our nation's problems: unemployment, crime, road ragers, jews. the world would be a better place!
The fact that you are an idiot aside, getting harder on crime does not limit crime. It's social conditions that create criminals. If you fix the social conditions there will be less crime, if you however, just try and kill all the criminals, you will have an almost endless job.

Sexy Panda
11-16-2004, 12:35 AM
The fact that you are an idiot aside, getting harder on crime does not limit crime. It's social conditions that create criminals. If you fix the social conditions there will be less crime, if you however, just try and kill all the criminals, you will have an almost endless job.

Yes but it would be a most satisfying job.

Actually I'm against the death penalty.

malumboman
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
The fact that you love to think you are right aside, you are a dumbass. you are only upset because you know under the corect system, the courts would execute you for being handicapped. handicapped people are terrible drivers and therefor should be executed. i understand that you are mad and that you are stupid. its ok. just get rid of that gay hat and get a life outside of submitting hundreds of posts on a forum, loser.

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Tripboy is much better at that.

Why must you spam this forum?

Revolver-2005?
Im not gonna read all the rest of ur crap, the death penalty cost millions just to kill one person, they have estimated tht it cost thousands less to keep thm alive, so unless they make the death penalty cheaper, thn im against it

malumboman
oh, and, youre wrong. think of it this way. a man has a job working construction. he gets drunk one night. because a cop sees he is intoxicated, the cop shoots him in the face immediatly. then, a construction job is open. so, an unemployed man (not a woman) takes the job. there goes unemployment. you will thank me later, crip.

offy
11-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Nobody may have the right to kill another person!
Not even the state.

That's just like a little boy who kicks away the chair he had hurt himself with.

malumboman
11-16-2004, 01:56 PM
the state can do whatever it wants

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Odd how an Offspring fan thinks he can offend me.

This is why I like Macedonians better than Greeks. Crete should belong to Turkey.

malumboman
11-16-2004, 02:17 PM
all europeans suck, we should bomb them next!

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Poor backwards American. Actually I can't get over how cute it is that you have an offspring avatar and an offspring quote in your signature.

malumboman
11-16-2004, 02:37 PM
i think its cute that you cant pee standing up like a man (you have to admit that was a good one)

sumrandumpunk
11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I find it interesting that these malinformed, idiot people are spamming our boards with their useless, racist, sexist, and idealistic theories... If you killed ALL offenders in the US... We'd probably have no people at all left... I'm sure first to go would be the lawyers and politicians. What's with pointing out the obvious to wheelchairman? It's not like its an insult or anything to him... He's probably lived fifty times the life you'll ever have. Who taught you these ideas? Your drunken great grandpa (who's liver has been dying since he first tried moonshine) from Alabama? Let me guess, you hate "niggers" (that means African American since I think your IQ is that of a brick) too? I could care less what kind of skin or sex people are... They all have equal right... Well maybe completely uneducated idiots like you have no rights in my mind... Otherwise I think your ideas are idealistic, impossible, irrational, and plain pitiful.

malumboman
11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
if all we had were americans, the world would be perfect

Nina
11-17-2004, 07:01 AM
if all we had were americans, the world would be perfect

thank god that doesnt make any sense.

malumboman
11-17-2004, 12:44 PM
what? americans are the perfect race. while we come in all colors, shapes and sizes, we are perfect in everyway (except the fags, who hate god).

wheelchairman
11-17-2004, 12:48 PM
People with Offspring lyrics in their sigs are often delusional.

malumboman
11-17-2004, 12:54 PM
people who cant piss standing up are often jealous of me

Noodles
11-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Nay to the death penalty (except for people like Malumboman and those who drive slowly in the fast lane).

DP is not a deterrent because the great majority of murderers don't relate to those on death row. They relate to the society that put them there.

No one cares whether or not a murderer ever learns why he was wrong to kill (I certainly don't) while he spends the rest of his life in prison; However, society can learn from them, with the help of psychologists, sociologist, criminologists,...etc., how to stop others like them. But we can only learn from them if they are alive.

It is in fact cheaper to keep a killer in prison for the rest of his life than to kill him, due to appeals and due process of the law.

Innocent people have been put to death, as have retarded people and those who are otherwise mentally handicapped. There are certainly more innocent people still on death row.

I do believe that some people deserve to die, but I don't believe that any society benefits by becoming muderous themselves. All societies should strive to value every human life, or else, what kind of message are they sending. What are they making of themselves.

If someone is pointing a gun at an innocent somebody with the intent to murder them, just about everyone on this board would kill the murderer first. That seems right to me.

Killing an unarmed and shackled prisoner who could be put away for life, and kept from ever killing again, seems unproductive at the very least.

Just some of my thoughts on this.

Sixpence.
11-23-2004, 11:59 AM
I agree with all you said.
Unfortunately people just don't notice that they can learn from those killers. Like you've already mentioned a killer can't kill when he's in prison (well at least as long as he can't break out) and if society noticed that they could prevent murders of potential killers just through the psych of murderers it would help much more.
Of course the family of a victim would think that the only way for justice is to kill the murderer. But is that true?
First of all death penalty doesn't make the victims alive again
and second the wish for death penalty would be the desire for revenge and is that a good reason for killing a person? To seek for revenge is nearly selfish again because it won't help the victim anyway.

That are my thoughts on this.

@malumboman
Define the word 'perfect'. Nobody's and nothing's perfect. Fortunately!
There are so many things humans have to learn so how can you say that some of them are perfect?

Kitten
11-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Nay to the death penalty (except for people like Malumboman and those who drive slowly in the fast lane).

DP is not a deterrent because the great majority of murderers don't relate to those on death row. They relate to the society that put them there.

No one cares whether or not a murderer ever learns why he was wrong to kill (I certainly don't) while he spends the rest of his life in prison; However, society can learn from them, with the help of psychologists, sociologist, criminologists,...etc., how to stop others like them. But we can only learn from them if they are alive.

It is in fact cheaper to keep a killer in prison for the rest of his life than to kill him, due to appeals and due process of the law.

Innocent people have been put to death, as have retarded people and those who are otherwise mentally handicapped. There are certainly more innocent people still on death row.

I do believe that some people deserve to die, but I don't believe that any society benefits by becoming muderous themselves. All societies should strive to value every human life, or else, what kind of message are they sending. What are they making of themselves.

If someone is pointing a gun at an innocent somebody with the intent to murder them, just about everyone on this board would kill the murderer first. That seems right to me.

Killing an unarmed and shackled prisoner who could be put away for life, and kept from ever killing again, seems unproductive at the very least.

The problem I keep hitting when it comes to the death penalty is that yes, a lot of innocent people get killed. There have been cases where new evidence has been turned up that could have saved the persons life a year ago (don't ask me which ones, as I can't remember off the top of my head)
If the death penalty was such an effective deterant, it would follow through that the numbers of murders would decrease, yet that doesn't appear to have happened.
However, locking someone away for the rest of their lives seems unproductive to me, so they should put them to work. That way, instead of just sitting around they would be doing something useful.

Kitten
11-24-2004, 07:20 AM
I agree with all you said.
Unfortunately people just don't notice that they can learn from those killers. Like you've already mentioned a killer can't kill when he's in prison (well at least as long as he can't break out) and if society noticed that they could prevent murders of potential killers just through the psych of murderers it would help much more.
Of course the family of a victim would think that the only way for justice is to kill the murderer. But is that true?
First of all death penalty doesn't make the victims alive again
and second the wish for death penalty would be the desire for revenge and is that a good reason for killing a person? To seek for revenge is nearly selfish again because it won't help the victim anyway.

That are my thoughts on this.

@malumboman
Define the word 'perfect'. Nobody's and nothing's perfect. Fortunately!
There are so many things humans have to learn so how can you say that some of them are perfect?

Not a hell of a lot of people have the ability to be able to kill, so therefore not many people would be learning from the killers. and If they do kill as result of what they read in a book, they were going to kill regardless of any book.

JoY
11-24-2004, 08:12 AM
once the line of calling killing human beings 'justice' has been crossed, justice transforms to a natural born killer. it's one step over the final edge of inhumanity.

jimmyjimjimz
11-24-2004, 09:07 AM
This is a hard subject for me to think about.

I kinda do support the death penalty, and I kinda don't. I support it for people like Bin Ladden and Saddam, who cause terror, but not for normal people. Like, if my friend killed someone, I wouldnt support the death penalty. There are other ways for them to get over it. I saw a documentary about teen killers, and they're not really in jail or anything. Theyre in this rehab type place, where therapists talk to them, and get them over it, and theyre confronted by a family member of the person they killed, and all stuff like that. I think that's a much better idea than the death penalty, but for people like Saddam and the unibomber and Bin Laden and people who cause terror, theyre the people who deserve the death penalty.

SicN Twisted
11-25-2004, 01:05 PM
That's an idiotic point of view? That would mean any sort of political leader the runs a military in pretty much any country, especially the United States, deserves the death penalty.

Jake
11-27-2004, 04:14 PM

I am a little young to get caught up in politics, but i still have a view, wether it is important or not. And Noodles, I agree with you. If someone kills someone else, how is it right to kill the murderer?, it just adding more to the deaths. And that is not right!

Little_Miss_1565
11-27-2004, 05:37 PM

...I do believe that some people deserve to die, but I don't believe that any society benefits by becoming muderous themselves. All societies should strive to value every human life, or else, what kind of message are they sending. What are they making of themselves.

Funny how GWB makes such a huge fuss about how his America values life, and yet one look at his execution record for when he was governor of Texas says otherwise.

sKratch
11-27-2004, 07:21 PM
This is a hard subject for me to think about.

I kinda do support the death penalty, and I kinda don't. I support it for people like Bin Ladden and Saddam, who cause terror, but not for normal people. Like, if my friend killed someone, I wouldnt support the death penalty. There are other ways for them to get over it. I saw a documentary about teen killers, and they're not really in jail or anything. Theyre in this rehab type place, where therapists talk to them, and get them over it, and theyre confronted by a family member of the person they killed, and all stuff like that. I think that's a much better idea than the death penalty, but for people like Saddam and the unibomber and Bin Laden and people who cause terror, theyre the people who deserve the death penalty.
You might be a moron. Slight chance. Very slight.

latinospunkunidos
11-28-2004, 04:12 PM
death is a coward way to make them pay for what they did... they just dont suffer enough, as for a life sentence.. the have the friggin rest of their life to think of what they did.
nay for me.

RonWelty
12-02-2004, 07:20 AM
i think that the death penalty is something really stupid but in some country the judicial and law are so "light" that the thiefs , killers and something get on with almost no "big problem" ..u know here in portugal the maximum amount of time that a guy can stay in a prision is :25 years old and almost never they put someone so long ...the prisions are full , the guys who are there sells drugs , alcohool ...etc ...it seems that they have a great life ---food , money , bed and shower ...by FREE!
if u killed 30000 guys u can go just 25 as if u just killed 1 ..and many times they just stay 50 % of the time ! in my opinion the law should be adapted to some more rigorous and right terms , so we can realy feel safe and stay cool ....thatīs what i though ,,,

PS - the only guys i would like to see dead are : terrorists , the guys who say bad things of the offspring (like most part of the portuguese people :P (kidding).) and the green day ! :D

..SANTA ARE U HERE ? :P