PDA

View Full Version : Views on Greatest Hits

PsyDome
06-06-2005, 04:33 AM
Now, in truth, most of the tracks on this album are, indeed, Greatest Hits. I still believe the album should contain Greatest Songs instead. I really miss tracks from The Offspring and Ignition. I mean, why is Original Prankster on the album? Sure, it's the title-track from CoO, but it's nowhere as good as alot of other tracks. Same goes for Want You Bad, Pretty Fly (I'm sorry, it's true) and (Can't Get My) Head Around You. I wonder where Beheaded, Jennifer Lost the War, Dirty Magic, Session, Burn It Up, Demons and Kill the President are? Now those are tracks I'd like to see on an Offspring-compilation album.

Dexter_italy
06-06-2005, 04:42 AM
also noodles answered to this question, most of the fans have all the albums, or if you don't you can download it, I really don't care about the songs on the GH i care only about the extra stuff.
and anyway Original prankster isn't the title track of Co1 it's obviously Co1
________
Hawaii Marijuana Dispensary (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

darko
06-06-2005, 04:43 AM
its all the songs they released....they didnt really release anything from s/t or ignition so there is no point putting them on the album....

Mannen som blev en gris
06-06-2005, 04:46 AM
I mean, why is Original Prankster on the album? Sure, it's the title-track from CoO, but it's nowhere as good as alot of other tracks.
The title-track on Co1 is Conspiracy Of One. A title track is the song on an album which named or is named after the album.
And the rest you say, you just have to understand (like many others) that it is a Greatest Hits, and Jennifer Lost The War and the rest are famous among Offspring fans, but other people have never heard of them, which means they're not "great hits".

Damn, it took time for me to reply! :D

PsyDome
06-06-2005, 04:52 AM
The title-track on Co1 is Conspiracy Of One. A title track is the song on an album which named or is named after the album.You can see it that way, yes. I might've used the wrong phrasing. What I'm thinking of, is that Original Prankster was the track that launched the album, the single they relied on to sell the album.

neocon58
06-06-2005, 05:03 AM
for the 46985476495 time. it's called greatest hits, so only the greatest hits made it onto the cd, hence why there is nothing from ignition or ST on there.

If it was a 'best of' cd, you might see some cooler tracks, but your just gonna have to live with the fact that the cd is a greatest hits, eg radio friendly.

Dexter_H
06-06-2005, 05:05 AM
I don't think there was one person on this BBS or one Offspring fan for that matter that actually liked the Greatest Hits tracklisting before Noodles had his cry. I agree that the track listing was lame. Even for a singles compilation they left off the best singles (Meaning Of Life, Million Miles Away).

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
06-06-2005, 05:39 AM
Seriously, you people need to chill...

I have to admit, yes, the track listening was definatly not what i expected, i do wish the track listing was at least 21 songs,

Self Esteem
Gotta Get Away
All I Want
Gone Away
The Kids Arenít Alright
Defy You
(Canít Get My) Head Around You
Canít Repeat
Shes Got issues
Million Miles Away
The Meaning Of Life
Staring At The Sun
Damnit, I Changed Again
D.U.I.
Genocide
Have You Ever
I Choose
Want You Bad
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
Why Dont You Get A Job?
Come Out And Play (Keep 'em Seperated)

BUT. I am happy with the track listing they have, and i have every song, all i want is the Bonus stuff on the DVD

Splejse
06-06-2005, 06:00 AM
I think the songs on greatest hits are good, and its also the songs that most people will know, but maybe Tehran or baghdad should have been on the cd, because many people will know the songs from punkzilla. But i think tracklist is great :D

Fiver
06-06-2005, 06:29 AM
i think the greatest hits is a good idea for the casual offspring fan (someone who prefers the radio singles compared to the whole album), for die hard fans i can see where their disappointed but the extra stuff should tick them over til the new album arrives.

i'm personally looking forward to its release ;-)

bouncingcoles
06-06-2005, 07:20 AM
the reason why they dont have songs from ignition and the selftitled on the greatest hits is because they ONLY want songs that were on the radio because according to the label those songs will attract new fans more then the songs from ignition or self titled and even the newer offspring songs that werent on the radio. i wish the greatest hits had songs like we are one and elders instead of original prankster but i guess thats just the way it goes.

The-Offspring-RuLe
06-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Its another Offspring album, that 'us' offspring fans should buy and be greatful for. :D i can't wait for the DVD extras and stuff

Fryman
06-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I like the track listing. It's great to have an album where all the singles are collected at one place:)

HeadAroundU
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I like the track listing. It's great to have an album where all the singles are collected at one place:)
not all!!!!!!!

Fat Boy Samsam
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm bored with the Greatest Hits already.

I would much prefer an album of new material - or at least 2 or 3 new songs on the Greatest Hits.

Looking forward to the Greatest Hits tour in Europe though.

kevin wasserman iz onhemp
06-06-2005, 07:00 PM
i think that offpsring should really have some songs off thier 1st record i think that thier actually geting a little worse each album(execption for americana)! :eek:

0r4ng3
06-06-2005, 07:02 PM
So you're saying Splinter is worse than Conspiracy of One? Smash is worse than Ignition?

Dexter_H
06-07-2005, 04:42 AM
Well Smash is worse than ignition, but it is just someones opinion, who cares? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mannen som blev en gris
06-07-2005, 05:55 AM
^And now you got yourself confused...... :rolleyes:

Punk_Conspiracy
06-07-2005, 06:07 AM
So you're saying Splinter is worse than Conspiracy of One? Smash is worse than Ignition?

I'd agree with that.

PsyDome
06-07-2005, 05:53 PM
for the 46985476495 time. it's called greatest hits, so only the greatest hits made it onto the cd, hence why there is nothing from ignition or ST on there.

If it was a 'best of' cd, you might see some cooler tracks, but your just gonna have to live with the fact that the cd is a greatest hits, eg radio friendly.
Well, as I said, I'm quite aware of the fact that it is, indeed, a Greatest Hits album, and I also said I'd rather like a Greatest Songs album.

I think it's a shame that such a good band as Offspring releases an album that is so blatantly meant to just sell more copies.

*goes back to listening to Fall Children*

original_prankster
06-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Gah. Greatest Songs. Everyone has different views on their songs. So, how can there be a greatest songs CD?!

I know a way they COULD do that. Before they got it done, they could have put a poll up with songs from S/T and Ignition. Then you vote for the songs you like best off of those albums and the top two or three off of each go on the CD! :D

PsyDome
06-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Gah. Greatest Songs. Everyone has different views on their songs. So, how can there be a greatest songs CD?!

I know a way they COULD do that. Before they got it done, they could have put a poll up with songs from S/T and Ignition. Then you vote for the songs you like best off of those albums and the top two or three off of each go on the CD! :D
Why yes! Although, I'm pretty sure the band has some favorite tracks from those albums as well.