PDA

View Full Version : my crappy radio station played can't repeat!

dain84
06-06-2005, 10:52 AM
My station has NEVER played anything by The Offspring and they just played can't repeat! The dj said he thought they were a joke band with no serious songs but he likes this song! What the fuck?

ArranAJFJ
06-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Damn your radio station. How dare they say that about Offspring?

Still, I'd put up with it just to have the station play Can't Repeat. I'm in England, and I haven't heard it play on the radio yet. The only radio station that I rely on online though is Offspring Radio.

RonWelty
06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
lol i think that GONE AWAY , SELF ESTEEM , AMAZED ETC are very serious !

ArranAJFJ
06-06-2005, 11:34 AM
They are all very serious, especially Gone Away, really makes you feel for Dex when I hear that song. The radio presenter had probably just heard one side of Offspring, maybe only hearing some of the new singles, like Pretty Fly, Want you Bad, Original Prankster, there not that serious to be honest.

Damn him though making judgement based on that. Offspring can be both a very serious or joking band, they do good both. I think I probably prefer their serious tracks though.

killer_queen
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
My station has NEVER played anything by The Offspring and they just played can't repeat! The dj said he thought they were a joke band with no serious songs but he likes this song! What the fuck?
everyone has their own opinions and different tastes, you can't judge them.

Fat Boy Samsam
06-06-2005, 11:36 AM

Dude - tune your radio somewhere else. That DJ sounds like a twat -

notoriousdoc
06-06-2005, 11:38 AM
What radio station? I need to know where to send hate mail

IdiotOfTheDay
06-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Wow. Someone needs to research the Offspring a little more in depth. Not a very good radio DJ if he doesn't look some stuff up, is he now?

Hit_That
06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm goin to kick that dj's ass

Ignition_6
06-06-2005, 06:40 PM
lol i think that GONE AWAY , SELF ESTEEM , AMAZED ETC are very serious !

i definently agree with that, and hero..that song too..

0r4ng3
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
I haven't heard it on my radio station. That's probably because they changed their format. All they play all those songs that aren't oldies, but aren't quite new, and Holiday by Green Day. I have not heard one Offspring song on the radio since around February.

Moose
06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
maybe you should call him up and tell him to listen to some of their fucking cds...they have what, like 10 jokes songs, 7 albums? not that bad...its okay to have a sense of humor, jeez.

kevin wasserman iz onhemp
06-06-2005, 07:19 PM
[FONT=Garamond]I want conflict I want dissent, I want the scene to represent
Our hatred of authority, our fight against complacency
Stop singing songs about girls and love, you killed the owl you freed the dove
Confrontation and politics replaced with harmonies and shticks
When did punk rock become so tame, these fucking bands all sound the same
We want our fights we want our thugs, we want our burns we want our drungs
Where is the violent apathy, these fucking records are rated g :mad:

Homer
06-06-2005, 07:45 PM
My radio station plays all of the hits from Smash, and sometimes TKAA. I've never heard them play Pretty Fly, WDYGAJ, or Original Prankster. But, I've never heard them play Can't Repeat.... yet.

Tired_Of_You
06-06-2005, 08:04 PM
I heard it twice on the radio. I didn't see the video at MusiquePlus, though. It's not on their website yet.