What if it's the song that starts at 0:45 in this video?
What if this so called "Pass Me By" song that this supposedly is, actually is All I Have Left Is You? Or was there ever a definite answer for what that clip is from? I can't remember.
I don't know, nor not so sure anymore, like what if it has like a Fix You vibe in a slower tone of voice or kinda like Gone Away on piano or Kristy on acoustic. Something mellow yet unpredictable at the same time fast speed and a solo and other stuff.
That's what I guessed some time ago, but we have to wait. We don't know.
Originally Posted by Dirty Magic
(yeah, we are very confident that the clip is Pass me by from Splinter sessions)
Currently, I'm guessing it's death song, a ballad. Noodles said there was a ballad on the record. There are still other options...
I hope it'll turn out to be nothing like Fix You. I have no problem with slow songs, but Fix You is the only song by the band that I cannot stand. If it were more like Gone Away, with a darker vibe, now that would make me a happy panda
This is what I have, question marks are not facts for sure, but some things still could be wrong...
1. The Future Is Now, political song. Orwell's 1984 book reference. Current economical crisis. Dexter says what about dangers of technology.
2. Secrets From The Underground, fast and aggressive. Punk, fast, cool guitar riffs. The anti-authoritarian old school fire.
3. Days Go By, a message of hope. Shitty years. Economical crisis. Relationships? Retrospective song. Straightforward rock. Foo Fighters influence.
4. Turning Into You, punk, fast, cool guitar riffs. The anti-authoritarian old school fire.
5. Hurting As One, anti-religion song. It's like Something To Believe In. Not one, gonna go away lyrics. Drove, promise lyrics.
6. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk), have a good time song. OC, summer, beach, poking fun at trashy whores (flirting) and current music, drinking, silly, fun, rap, techno, industrial, autotune. Paid/free samples?--pipe melody--classical/electronica. Achoo, caboose lyrics.
7. All I Have Left Is You, death song. Ballad.
8. OC Guns, anti-police. Orange County, innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. Spanish tinged--lyrics, Mexican trumpets and maybe vibraslap. Slow Ska-reggae with Mariachi breakdown.
9. Dirty Magic, big and awesome version. They added a little guitar here and there...and played and sung it better.
10. I Wanna Secret Family (With You), my girlfriend is a bitch song. A humorous story of starting an alternate family with a stripper. Ronnie King?
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Fast and aggressive. Funky style with Middle Eastern phrase solo. Speed punk death march of dual salvo, unique, unpredictable, and undeniably THE OFFSPRING.
12. Slim Pickens, Kubrick's movie reference. Anti-war song? He did war movies. Nihilistic. Speed punk death march of dual salvo, unique, unpredictable, and undeniably THE OFFSPRING.
a song that would be good in a super hero movie 2? 4?
Noodles' surprise 9 6?
Fire raining in on you lyrics 4? 7? 10?
Noodles' Lightning Rod, only better 2? 4? 5? 11?
JLTW/DUI solo 2? 4? 5? 8? 12?
13. It's All Good, Guns of Brixton and Gone Away piano version, bonus Japanese songs?
14. Punkspring Japanese DVD?
Fix You is awesome.
Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling
100% agreed. Indeed.
Originally Posted by NoGuessing
I like fix you way more than kristy
I have a soft-spot for Kristy.
Me too. I don't like how much Fix You sounds like Green Day, but it's not such a bad song. I can't stand Kristy, though.
Originally Posted by Dexter_italy