In all seriousness though, autism-spectrum disorders are a form of retardation. I can see why you'd all be upset he lied about it for attention, but why you getting mad when he called a spade a spade? There might be nicer, more sensitive ways of phrasing it, but the basic bottom-line fact is that autards are socially retarded.
- I told the truth (that an expert claimed I have Asperger's).
- I acted stupidly afterwards and made fun of the situation (in ways that could be considered offensive to others with Asperger's)
- I lied about a medical doctor diagnosing me to get Justin off my back
- I felt pathetic about doing so, so I then told the truth (that a psychotherapist, not a medical doctor, claimed I have Asperger's)
- I got annoyed and made this thread because I figured people would just believe what they wanted to believe anyway (that I'm lying for attention). That was stupid of me and confused everyone and I don't know why I did it.
- Here I am now, arguing with people that I have a form of autism, which is pathetic. I already have no credibility here, and I admitted to lying about part of the situation, so no one believes the things I'm saying that actually ARE true.
Alright, I think I'm finally ready to stop posting about this.
And if you don't believe me that people with Asperger's are more intelligent than neurotypicals, prove me wrong and see if you can understand this: http://melyssathepunkrocker.devianta...91590#/d4jour3
There's a widespread myth that autard intelligence skews higher than normal folks, statistically speaking. It's based off anecdotal evidence, of course, and can't be proved true because so many autards aren't functional enough to properly perform on any of the flawed intelligence-measuring tests available to us. I'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt however and say that the myth probably has a factual basis. But remember, it's statistics we're talking about, not some sort of guaranteed trait. There are indeed plenty of autards with staggering intellectual capabilities, but you can have aspergers and still be dumb as fuck.
In any event, humans are a social animal and it's our social skills that put us on the top of the food chain and allowed us to outcompete all lesser homonids into extinction. Two days ago I ate deep-fried shark while watching a bear ride a unicycle on youtube, and that was possible because of humans social abilities. Not our analytical abilities, not our opposable thumbs, but the ability to communicate and co-operate with others from our species.
I'm not saying autards are less than human, exactly. I'm just saying you're lesser humans.
Justin, come on dude. Seriously?