Thread: Alkaline Trio

Alk3 CD's in order of brilliance:

Alkaline Trio
    Crimson
    Good Mourning
    Maybe I'll Catch Fire
    Goddammit

In my eyes, anyway.

Pff, I could've caught them live in San Antonio but they ran out of tickets, probably for the simple fact that MCR was touring with them. I also could've caught them them last April 4th at White Rabbit (alas, also in SA) but it was in a Tuesday and I had school.
    Ha, it's weird, everyone loves Crimson, I think it's been they're crappiest album, yet. Personally, they're one of my favorite bands, but I choose their older stuff. On the Crimson CD there's this video called DEEP_RED (since it has that burn protection thing) and it contains part of Time to Waste or Dethbed, I forgot, acoustic. And it's fucking awesome. You would easily choose the acoustic over the released one.
    Last edited by sk8ter-hater; 04-08-2006 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8ter-hater
    Time to Waste or Dethbed, I forgot, acoustic. And it's fucking awesome. You would easily choose the acoustic over the released one.
    That was recorded last may in London. I had a chance to go see that show (as my mate is part of the Street Team), but I couldn't because I couldn't get the next day off work. Now THAT sucks.

1. Maybe I'll catch Fire
    2. Good Mourning
    3. FHTI/Crimson/Goddamnit

Those last three are really close but MICF is amazing, the extra tracks on the UK version make it even better.

When I was 11 I played FHTI to death though :P

They were one of my favourite bands in concert. They were so good live. They opened with my favourite song, Back To Hell.

Derek did a drum solo and it was immense.

Plymouth England, lock your cars and hide your shit...

I absolutely LOVE alkaline Trio, their lyrics and music just mean so so much to me, got me through a lot. In particular I love from here to infirmary, maybe I'll catch fire and Goddamnit! My favourite songs are: Steamer Trunk, Trucks and Trains, Nose over tail, Clavicle, My Friend Peter, Bleeder, Blue in the face, Continental, Warbrain and Probably Jaked on green beers. I was meant to see them live this year but the train times were all screwed up so I had no way of getting up there which sucked.... I'm personally more fond of their older stuff, but crimson is a good, solid album, however i think that Dan's voice sounds a bit...weird...maybe over produced? Particularly on "The Poison". I don't know why, It might just be me I guess, but i kinda prefer Skiba's voice anyways, just appeals more to me and it's a bit rougher. Oh yeah and I absolutely LOVE back to hell off of crimson...such an awesome song, with a nice powerful lyrical trade off Between matt and dan...simply amazing. Matt's lyrical talent never ceases to suprise me, he's awesome and as is Dan and as for Dereck, all i can say is Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesisalliwant
    I absolutely LOVE alkaline Trio, their lyrics and music just mean so so much to me, got me through a lot. In particular I love from here to infirmary, maybe I'll catch fire and Goddamnit! My favourite songs are: Steamer Trunk, Trucks and Trains, Nose over tail, Clavicle, My Friend Peter, Bleeder, Blue in the face, Continental, Warbrain and Probably Jaked on green beers. I was meant to see them live this year but the train times were all screwed up so I had no way of getting up there which sucked.... I'm personally more fond of their older stuff, but crimson is a good, solid album, however i think that Dan's voice sounds a bit...weird...maybe over produced? Particularly on "The Poison". I don't know why, It might just be me I guess, but i kinda prefer Skiba's voice anyways, just appeals more to me and it's a bit rougher. Oh yeah and I absolutely LOVE back to hell off of crimson...such an awesome song, with a nice powerful lyrical trade off Between matt and dan...simply amazing. Matt's lyrical talent never ceases to suprise me, he's awesome and as is Dan and as for Dereck, all i can say is Wow.
    I FULLY agree with you. =] I absolutely adore From Here To Infirmary. The whole album is amazing, especially Armageddon and Trucks And Trains.

Back To Hell is an amazing song.

*thumbs down* don't dig them. something with the singer's voice, can't help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

i love alkaline trio!
    i wish i had their old album.i have their new one.my fav on that is sadie

alkaline trio's best album yet is easily crimson. but my favorite song by them is radio. it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! i saddly missed them when they were here.
    The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care right?