Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: offspring´s drumer

Post offspring´s drumer

what drummer of offspring is better I think ron wently shouldn´t leave the band what do you think?

Well I don't mind Ron leaving the band. He was a cool drummer, but well, I'm glad Atom is in now. He's a way cool guy.
    * !

they're both have their ups and downs. Atom is a good drummer but it is still a shame that ron left.

yeah I think that ron should stay but aton is still good

Hey, it's not really like Ron was forced out, or that someone was holding a gun to his head and demanding that he stay with the band. He and the other guys started to drift apart and with the Steady Ground project, he felt torn. So he left the Offspring to focus on his new band.

As for Atom, he is very cool. Fun to watch onstage but watch out before shows. He will hover around the outside of the venue looking for fans and striking up conversations.

ow I didn´t know about it so ron was forced to go out of the band

Like I said, he wasn't forced out. Dexter and Greg have both said that Ron seemed to be losing interest in the Offspring in the 2 years prior to his departure.

Atom is a cool drumer... wey cool drumer... but Ron is still Ron

for Ron, it's better that he left. On the last 3 albums they've done, how many times has he had a chance to vary from the standard 'boom-cha-boom-cha-boom-cha-boom-cha-FILL-boom-cha-boom-cha-boom-cha" drum beat? Not very often. The band said during Co1 they were impressed by how talented he got, but you didn't hear it at all on the album because Dex is the one that writes all the music, so he couldn't do anything with his skills.

Ron was an awesome drummer...and I do acutally prefer him over Atom.

Saying that Atom - man, have you seen him go off at a gig? I frigging loved him...on the brisbane one he had so much energy about him, i dont think ive seen a drummer that overly hypo before...*ponders* except possibly at a Pennywise concert. Atom is a better performer then Ron at the very least.
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

we've had this thread