Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computers!

Default Computers!

What kind of computer do you use? What operating system? What Web browser?

I have such an out of date computer.
    I have a custom made computer made by one of my dads friends.
    amd athlon 1.3 ghz
    256 mb of memory
    40 gig hard drive
    windows xp proffecional
    internet explorer
    dsl

one of my pcs is winxp pro, athlon 1900+, 512 pc2100, etc etc. my laptop is 600mhz, runs fedora core rawhide. my computer at work runs fedora core rawhide as well, but i dont' remember it's stats (1.7ghz, i think). i use firefox on all of them (although i'll sometimes use epiphany on the laptop).

oh, both the laptop and the desktop also have zeta beos on 'em, but i rarely boot into them.
    Last edited by Endymion; 10-21-2004 at 10:37 PM.

my computer has a keyboard and you turn it on with a power button. the montor is broken i think because it's a lot flatter than other people's
    omg sigged fuck you

amd athlon xp 2400+ running stock because the multiplier is locked
    1024 mb ddr ram
    sapphire radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    nForce2 motherboard

i put in a new northbridge fan after the stock pooped out, much to my dissatisfaction. northbridge cooling, i found, lowers system temperature greatly. put in a custom fanjob on the side window before i went to college. pictures upon request i guess.
    omg sigged fuck you

I'm picking a new machine next week from Florida. She bites. Once, if ever, I finish assembling her that is.

Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-8KNXP Ultra-64 mobo. It's a mobo chiefly for servers with a U320 card on board for SCSI drive. I'm still not settled on that since it's retailed at over 400$. But I was looking around at either PCI-X boards or mobos who carry U320 card and found no better solutions. Any suggestions?

Drive - Seagate 37gig 15 000 rpm SCSI drive for boot. And a 250WD 8mbit cache drive for storage on top of that.

CPU - 3.2ghz P4 of the 478 socket 1mb with H/T. Couldn't find a board with U320 card for AMD technology. And for once that the AMDs actually stopped being so insanely fucking hot--most clock at like 35celcius wow! It's a pity because I spent a lot of time debating the benifits of a HT vs amd64 and now all my efforts are put to waste by the manufacturer who chooses not to offer me but one option.

Video card - 256mb x600 ATI. I was gonna go for 9600pro but the x600 dropped so much in price lately that I figured I might as well grab it.

Sound card- I'm really clueless about sound cards. I'm guessing a standard sound blaster live will do. Though perhaps I should consider something more 'exotic' since I listen to a lot of music after all.

Monitor - Any 19" LCD with a response rate of under 15 (preferably a 12) is good. And I can always plug a couple of my good ol' CRTs for gaming if it comes to that.

The rest of the comp is pretty much standard.

As for the comps that I currently have, I won't bother with the old ones. But here's my Vaio - http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sony_VAIO_GRT9...643564/TabId/4

Oh yeah and i'm switching between win2000 and XP for the OS and Opera for the browsers. Fuck firefox.

Yes, yes, all this means that I have one huuuuuge penis that I want to show off.

audigy series soundcards are good i think (creativelabs)
    i have a 17" samsung lcd at 1280x1024 native
    omg sigged fuck you

A black and yellow one.

Windows XP
    Mozilla

That's about all I know

aww, why not firefox? it's way 1337er.

or, i could say lynx...