Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Thread

The Phillies starters are officially killin' it

Halladay- ERA: 2.56 WHIP: 1.04
    Lee- ERA: 3.12 WHIP: 1.14
    Oswalt- ERA: 3.14 WHIP: 1.27
    Hamels- ERA: 2.49 WHIP: 0.92
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Twins are making a comeback!!! This season was so atypical for a long time... we had the worst record in the entire league, by a few games even. But some of our injured players have returned and we've won 11 of our last 13 games. Now we're 3 games ahead of Houston, and have been within single digits of our division leader, fucking Detroit. I think the season is pretty well blown by now - kinda late for a serious comeback to get into the playoffs - but it's certainly a breath of fresh air after the ABSOLUTELY HORRID YEAR MINNESOTA SPORTS HAS BEEN HAVING. Jesus christ, the Vikings lose the division, Gopher football has a two-win season, Gopher basketball is one of the worst in the conference, and the Wild and the Timberwolves end up nowhere near the playoffs. The Twins are usually ol' reliable - if there's any MN team that you can count on to make the playoffs, it's them.

But the fuckin' Yankees are always our downfall. You hear that JN?? FUCKIN YANKEE F-F-F-FAG
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I've been pretty happy with the Jays this year: Bautista's batting alone has made it worthwhile!

That said, the MLB badly needs a salary cap, or a complete restructuring of the playoff model: being in the same division as the Yankees and Redsox is fucking horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    That said, the MLB badly needs a salary cap, or a complete restructuring of the playoff model: being in the same division as the Yankees and Redsox is fucking horrible.
    Bud Selig has said that baseball is "moving inexorably" towards the 10 team model:
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ayoff/related/

This is an older article, but it was referenced in a recent article on the home page of MLB.com, so talks of making this change have continued.

Anyone have an opinion on the Cy Young Winners? At this point, the NL Cy Young could go to Hamels, Lee, or Halladay. Their stats are almost identical, but Hamels has a lower WHIP, but higher ERA. The AL Cy Young should go to Verlander, he's been stellar.

Phillies will defeat the Yankees in 6 or 7 games to take the World Series. The Yankees' bats will win a few games for them, but not enough.

I stupidly signed up for MLB.tv this year, not reading the fine print, and not knowing that a "blackout" doesn't just occur when a game doesn't sell out, but basically anytime MLB determines a game should only be viewed with cable TV. Now I signed up for postseason.tv because I don't get TBS and there's no blackout problem, but none of the camera views follows the ball/action. Why? Do they WANT it to suck?

The SF giants would be playing the Brewers right now if only Posey didn't get injured but now I have to watch the stupid Cardinals they're boring.
    To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
    -Aldous Huxley

In general I find baseball moderately boring.

But it is fun when the home team is doing so well. Especially when I live ten minutes from the stadium. I'm hoping for a World Series just so I can tailgate it.

Brew Crew

Boring? try excruciatingly un-entertaining. Worst spectator sport ever. I actually have no practical reason for following it/watching games religiously. I feel this peculiar sense of satisfaction upon observing Pablo Sandoval's batting average or Tim Lincecum's ERA. The statistics play a large part in my interest, yet I despise math.
    To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
    -Aldous Huxley

Nothing is more boring than soccer.

I like baseball if I'm at a game, but on tv it's seriously sooo boring. But if I'm at the game, I don't really actually watch the game. I'm drinking beer, eating junk food, and socializing. I prefer minor league baseball because the fan experience is amazing, and I don't give a crap if the teams suck. Haha.

However, I'm following the playoffs (not watching the games, just keeping up with the win/loss records on mlb.com) because I love it when a team from WI or MN does well (except the Vikings and the Badgers). I might actually watch the World Series for the first time in my life if the Brewers make it.

It also helps that the Yankees and the Red Sox have nothing to do with the playoffs this year. I'm rooting for a White Sox vs Brewers WS. Hooray for underdogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk