Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread: The Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mario_spaghettio View Post
    Nothing is more boring than soccer.
    Yeah, in the same way that going to the Louvre is boring.

Attend a football match in Europe before you form any opinion on soccer's entertainment value.
    To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
    -Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post

It also helps that the Yankees and the Red Sox have nothing to do with the playoffs this year. I'm rooting for a White Sox vs Brewers WS. Hooray for underdogs!
    It might help to say that the Yankees have nothing to do with the playoffs anymore. They did in fact make the playoffs, they just got bounced in the first round.

And as for the White Sox Brewers WS...I'm not sure if you mean this generally for another year to come, but the White Sox are no where near the postseason this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    It might help to say that the Yankees have nothing to do with the playoffs anymore. They did in fact make the playoffs, they just got bounced in the first round.
    True, true.

And as for the White Sox Brewers WS...I'm not sure if you mean this generally for another year to come, but the White Sox are no where near the postseason this year.
    Lol I totally meant the Tigers. I'm such a good baseball fan

The most fun WS for me would be Twins vs. Brewers. I'd definitely watch that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Umm, so the post-season starts tonight? I guess I'll be rooting for Orioles - A's in AL series, not that I know the teams very well but because Oakland is likely a cinderella ("Moneyball 2: Fucking Right" may be on the way) and you know, The Wire. At least I'm pulling for an upset?? against Yankees for the A's.
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

Raul Ibanez could have never done something like that with the Phillies. The Yankees are like the Angels in that movie "Angels in the Outfield", except instead of angels helping out a terrible team, they're helping a team that's already kicking ass. I hate it.

Also, nice job by the ump to miss the most obvious ball four ever on that Orioles at-bat that eventually became a line out double play in the 10th inning.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.