Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bd007h
    Hockey beats the shit outta baseball.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
    ...woo!

wishomie, they're right there in that WildCard, and whaddaya know, they could very well take over the AL East. Live in fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

With that kind of a payroll, how do you not win 105 games every year? With 200 million dollars, I could put together a never-ending dynasty. Just don't fuck it up by taking on the kind of contracts that pay Kevin Brown 100 million dollars. How much of that payroll was completely useless before Giambi got hot? And if Steinbrenner is so rich, why doesn't he fire Brian Cashman and sign Billy Beane to an 80 million dollar contract? Imagine how good the A's would be right now if they had Tejada, Hudson, Mulder, Isringhausen, etc...and were able to go after star free agents at the same time. And they're already a winning team without that! You need to have an Ace, you need a power hitter, but above all you gotta have a GM if you want to win over a long period of time. Cashman is overrated.
    Last edited by Weirddimensions; 08-23-2005 at 09:18 AM.

I don't understand it either, and it pisses me off. See, the smart thing to do is to have a decent farm system, raise players from there, and just get a few free agents here and there. What does that fuckin' scumbag Steinbrenner do? He gets a hard on for anyone over the age of 40 and starts signing them immeidately. Our farm system is HORRIBLE because of his priorities.

-Trading away our entire future for two or three years with an aging (41 years old!) pitcher? Sure, why not!

-Trading away an exciting, great 2B (even though he's a defensive liability) for "the world's best shortstop", even though we already have a franchise player at that position? Sure, let's do it!

-Signing KENNY FUCKING LOFTON for Chrissake?! Yeah, why not!

*strangles someone* Oh fucking hell.

wishomie, the Yankees, when healthy, can contend pitching-wise. Shawn Chacon has been awesome all year, Jaret Wright should get back into his groove eventually (I'm crossing my fingers, anyway), Moose is always at least decent, and Carl Pavano should be okay eventually. Wang is coming back in September too. As far as those BoSox go, you just worry about Schiling's health for now...

I'd be lying if I said I thought the Yankees would win the AL East this year, but it's definitely feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by wishomie
    The future is good for Brewer fans.
    This is true. As long as you hold on to Ben Sheets, everything will be fine. You need one more great young starter to fill out that rotation though.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bd007h
    yeah, because baseball sucks. Hockey beats the shit outta baseball.
    Wrong. It has it's moments though...

There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ozymandias
    Wrong. It has it's moments though...

NO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last.fm
    facebook
    my album collection
    (If you want any mp3s or anything, feel free to ask)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Weirddimensions
    With that kind of a payroll, how do you not win 105 games every year? With 200 million dollars, I could put together a never-ending dynasty. Just don't fuck it up by taking on the kind of contracts that pay Kevin Brown 100 million dollars. How much of that payroll was completely useless before Giambi got hot? And if Steinbrenner is so rich, why doesn't he fire Brian Cashman and sign Billy Beane to an 80 million dollar contract? Imagine how good the A's would be right now if they had Tejada, Hudson, Mulder, Isringhausen, etc...and were able to go after star free agents at the same time. And they're already a winning team without that! You need to have an Ace, you need a power hitter, but above all you gotta have a GM if you want to win over a long period of time. Cashman is overrated.
    It isn't all Cashman, Steinbrenner is the one who makes most of their jackass decisions.
    Beane is a co-owners of the A's, getting him would not be easy. Boston offered him a ton of cash in '02 and he turned us down. Plus, it's not certain he would still be effective with all that money at his disposable. He might wind up like Scorsese, who has bigger budgets to work with than ever before but with disappointing results compared to when he had to struggle to get a movie made but produced classics.

When I think of how good the A's and Twins would be without such cheap-fuck owners it makes me wonder why the media spends so much time fixating on the money the Yankees waste instead of pointing out the money that other teams refuse to spend.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Team: Atlanta Braves

Players: Marcus Giles, Chipper Jones, John Smoltz
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    You are the dumbass! Youre the dumbest fucking dumbass since the beginning of dumbasses

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    I don't understand it either, and it pisses me off. See, the smart thing to do is to have a decent farm system, raise players from there, and just get a few free agents here and there. What does that fuckin' scumbag Steinbrenner do? He gets a hard on for anyone over the age of 40 and starts signing them immeidately. Our farm system is HORRIBLE because of his priorities.

-Trading away our entire future for two or three years with an aging (41 years old!) pitcher? Sure, why not!

-Trading away an exciting, great 2B (even though he's a defensive liability) for "the world's best shortstop", even though we already have a franchise player at that position? Sure, let's do it!

-Signing KENNY FUCKING LOFTON for Chrissake?! Yeah, why not!

*strangles someone* Oh fucking hell.

wishomie, the Yankees, when healthy, can contend pitching-wise. Shawn Chacon has been awesome all year, Jaret Wright should get back into his groove eventually (I'm crossing my fingers, anyway), Moose is always at least decent, and Carl Pavano should be okay eventually. Wang is coming back in September too. As far as those BoSox go, you just worry about Schiling's health for now...

I'd be lying if I said I thought the Yankees would win the AL East this year, but it's definitely feasible.
    I keep hearing their farm system sucks, but they keep producing guys like Wang and Cano so it can't be THAT bad, just not great. Oh, and you forgot them choosing Sheffield over Guererro and Womack over Cairo. XD

You don't want Jaret Wright when he's in his "groove", his groove is sucking.

Pavano may get healthy but he'll never be okay, he has "one-year wonder" written all over him.

C'mon Big Kev, get healthy! All of Boston is rooting for you to come back quick.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Unnatural Disaster
    Team: Atlanta Braves
    My condolences.