Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ozymandias View Post
    Baseball's gay.
    So is football.

Man hug?
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Wow, I did not expect that to be an actual website.

I lol @ ALCS. But with tears

I just realized that the Devil Rays (who'll be just the "Rays" next year, with new Unis and everything, if you haven't heard) are the only franchise in the league to have never made the playoffs.

lawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

Don't expect the 'Rays' to make the playoffs anytime soon in a division with the Yankees and the Red Sox. The Blue Jays seem pretty solid too, with Halladay, Burnett, and Marcum in the rotation. The Orioles have Erik Bedard (220 strikeouts in 180 innings this year, fucking incredible), Miguel Tejada, and Nick Markakis as well despite being very flawed with horrendous bullpen pitching. The D-Rays have a ton of great young talent, Scott Kazmir, BJ Upton, Delmon Young, and even former bust prospect Carlos Pena who had an amazing season. I think the competition in the AL East is just too fierce for low budget teams to contend.
    Waiting, as I saw you fading. Like everything in time, you withered and you died.

Yeah, I've often felt that, in addition to being not that good, they just don't have a chance in that division. Heck, even Toronto has made tremendous improvement but no luck at all.

Fuck Geography, put Toronto in the NL Central and watch them win about 6 pennants in a row. And Roy Halladay win 12 Cy Youngs.

I exaggerate.

Weird memory I just had: a few years ago (I think it was 2005, but I could be wrong) the Royals won 83 regular season games.

The 2006 World Series champs won 83 regular season games, and the 2005 NL West champs won 82 regular season games.

Fucking shit wow.

EDIT: Word, go Rox. I mean, for now, that I don't care. As long as the fucking Red Sox lose, it's okay.

Happy for Todd Helton, I am. Still.
    Last edited by JohnnyNemesis; 10-15-2007 at 10:39 PM.

There is just not nearly enough good pitching in baseball. The fact that Dice K with a mediocre mid 4s ERA can start game 2 in the playoffs for the Red Sox is astonishing. The fact the Yankees continued to throw out Mussina and Clemens is pretty bad as well. These are also the best teams with the biggest payrolls in the entire league. There are way too many teams starting Victor Zambranos, Edwin Jacksons, Ervin Santanas, Daniel Cabreras (These guys arent even the worst of the worst, at least they throw high 90s)

Even Dontrelle Willis fucking sucks now.
    Waiting, as I saw you fading. Like everything in time, you withered and you died.

Smoltz is one of the oldest in the league and still one of the best. I find that hilarious. And I like that there aren't that many dominant pitchers; gives more balance, creates uncertainty, etc, and it makes those guys that CAN go out there, have a sub 3 ERA, win 17, 18 games, all the more special.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Wow, I did not expect that to be an actual website.

Joel Piniero just got a 2 year 13 million dollar contract today. Fucking 6.5 million a year for Joel Piniero. I don't get it. What did Zito get like 130 million for a pitcher who can't throw 90 miles per hour?

Quote Originally Posted by TBD View Post
    Joel Piniero just got a 2 year 13 million dollar contract today.
    *blinks twice*

What. The. FUCK?!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by All About Eve View Post
    So is football.

Man hug?
    Yes please.
    There are selected dates for shows in Branson from April through December. Shows are at 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Be sure to check out Yakov's Show Schedule for available show dates and times. We suggest you purchase your tickets now, as Yakov’s show is often sold out. Call 1-800-728-4546 or go to Yakov's On-line Ticket Reservations. Warning! Explosive Laughter awaits you at the Yakov Smirnoff Theatre.

Click Here For MapQuest Directions

give me an R, give me an O, give me an C, give an K, give me an I, give me an E, give me an S. What does that spell? 2007 MLB world series champs.