Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Thread

Braves just signed Mark Kotsay, supposedly as a bridge until their top prospect is ready. Also, Mr. Javier Lopez is one of three competing for the backup catcher's spot. As much as I like him, I hope Corky Miller gets the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Braves just signed Mark Kotsay, supposedly as a bridge until their top prospect is ready. Also, Mr. Javier Lopez is one of three competing for the backup catcher's spot. As much as I like him, I hope Corky Miller gets the spot.
    No NL East crown for you!

Edit: On the other side of the trade, the Twins will be a threat the next several years, and a good one. They'll have these prospects at least somewhat major league ready, a likely elite Delmon Young, maybe a healthy Liriano, and Mauer and Morneau at the peak of their careers.
    Last edited by Nineteen Seventy Nine; 01-29-2008 at 09:38 PM.

You have no fucking clue how relieved I am that the Red Sox didn't get Santana even though their offer was probably the best one for the Twins (Lester and Ellsbury?! Phenomenal). The Red Sox would have probably won the next 10 World Series in a row with that kind of rotation...

Gotta feel sorta bad for the Twins though. Good prospects, but I think they deserved at least one established or semi-established name, rather than just a few hyped prospects, for one of the best pitchers in baseball and easily the best one on the market.
    Last edited by JohnnyNemesis; 01-29-2008 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

Roger Clemens is a hack, as are most other baseball players and the MLB hierarchy.
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

Has it been mentioned that the Devil Rays are no longer? They're just the Rays now.

Though this logo is pretty cool, it has nothing on the old one. I really liked the old logo and colors, and it seems kind of absurd that a team who has only been around 10 years has changed logos 3 times. Maybe they thought it would give them more attention? I mean they aren't a very bad team, they could definatley be a team worth worrying about within the next couple of years, but they haven't really done anything attention worthy. And now you can't even call them the D-Rays. Rip Devil Rays.

I think that the black green yellow purple Devil Rays uniforms were among the ugliest in ALL of sports. YERRRRRRRGH.

These aren't bad, they're just boring and a complete rip-off of the current Padres unis.

Well their original uniforms were quite ugly, I was refering to their most recent dark green/black/white uniforms which I really grew to love. I really wish they hadn't gotten rid of the green. There really aren't many teams that incorporate green into their uniforms which was a cool thing for them. I just don't like these new ones, too moderate.

Those nauseated me too! I'll take A's green over any other green.

Lightbulb

I still can't believe the Twins traded Santana for 3 pieces of shit and some toilet paper. It was inevitable that either Wakefield, Schilling or Pettitte would get hurt again before the season started and thus the Red Sox and Yankees would need a starter. There wasn't a single good reason for them to settle like they did. HE'S JOHAN SANTANA! They could've just kept him until the trading deadline and gotten a better deal.
    That franchise is completely fucked, the one thing they had that helped them overcome their cheap prick of an owner was a great GM and he's gone now. This new guy seems like he would trade Justin Morneau for magic beans.

Extremely true. I'm not even upset that the Yankees didn't land him though, I'm just unbelievably relieved that the Red Sox didn't. The very thought fucking terrified me.

But yes, if I was a Twins fan, I'd be livid. Absolutely livid. That owner is such a goddamned prick that it's a miracle their GM was able to accomplish so much.

This new guy seems like he would trade Justin Morneau for magic beans.
    Or Jacque Jones. lol.