Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Thread

Lightbulb

I actually didn't want the Sox to get him because he wanted a humungous long-term deal and there hasn't been one of those for a pitcher that worked out well for the team since Pedro 10 years ago. And I really didn't want the Yankees to get him, so I was pleased with the result especially since he's out of the AL entirely.

The Twins are going to regret not pulling the trigger on NYY or Boston's offers for a long time I think. Even Hughes or Buchholz by themselves would've been better than what they ended up with.

I agree. I really didn't want them to get rid of Hughes or Cabrera and especially not both, even though I think that landing Johan Santana would've been great. The offer the Red Sox made looked even better, too.

Long-term deals for pitchers almost never work out, but Santana did win 3 Cy Young's in a row (FUCK whatever ANYONE says. SANTANA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE 2005 CY YOUNG AWARD WINNER), he's still great and not 30 yet, and even in an "off-year" just had 235 strikeouts, a 1.073 WHIP, etc. I think he'll perform well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

Fucking ugh, he's on the Mets now.

On the bright side, they have a history of making mediocre pitchers out of superstars.

Actually, I liked the Devil Rays most recent unis too. The new Rays' ones aren't bad though.

--
    This might have provided the most fun Iíve ever had reading an article. No, it isnít humor or awesome or anything, but as a Tigers fan, Iím pumped.

Spring training starts next week already. This Offseason went by pretty fast. I'm thinking about creating a fantasy baseball league for the bbs so if any one is interested, let me know so I can create a league.

I'd be up for that.

Me too.

The only problem is that I already signed up for one league, and I really don't want to sign up for two because I might lose commitment to one of them and I hate people who quit. But I assure you if we really do make a BBS league, I will join and I will play.

Double post, I know.

So I take it with Wishomie's banning, this isn't going to go through? I was really hoping it'd go down after this happened:

--
    Okay, so when I signed up for my fantasy baseball team at MLB.com, I picked a draft date and stuff. And a week ago, I got this email that said they're going to be working on the site and going to have technical issues that day and have to move my draft date over to the following one. Problem is, I'd be on vacation that day. I come back from my vacation, noticed they picked my team for me, and it's really crappy except for Miggy and Crawford. But it's okay, because I registered on ESPN, which had a really neat set up, and I just finished my draft, and my team looks like this.

C Joe Mauer, Min C
    1B Prince Fielder, Mil 1B
    2B Freddy Sanchez, Pit 2B DTD
    3B Ryan Zimmerman, Was 3B DTD
    SS Hanley Ramirez, Fla SS DTD
    2B/SS J.J. Hardy, Mil SS
    1B/3B Dmitri Young, Was 1B
    OF Vladimir Guerrero, LAA OF, DH DTD
    OF Chris Young, Ari OF
    OF Juan Pierre, LAD OF
    OF Raul Ibanez, Sea OF
    OF Ken Griffey Jr., Cin OF
    UTIL Gary Sheffield, Det DH DTD
    P Josh Beckett, Bos SP
    P Dan Haren, Ari SP
    P J.J. Putz, Sea RP
    P Scott Kazmir, TB SP DTD
    P Tim Hudson, Atl SP
    P Pedro Martinez, NYM SP
    P Ben Sheets, Mil SP
    P Todd Jones, Det RP
    P Jered Weaver, LAA SP
    Bench Justin Upton, Ari OF
    Bench Nate Robertson, Det SP DTD
    Bench Mike Cameron, Mil OF DTD

Honestly, I think this looks like a pretty damn good team, and so far I only have one regret. I had the number three pick, A-Rod went first obviously, and Big Papi went second (wtf), leaving me with the choice of Hanley, Reyes, J-Roll, or Miggy. My gut told me to go with Rollins or at least Reyes, but the pre-rankings said to go with Hanley. I think that was a bad move. He won't get many RBIs in Florida.

What do you think?

Assuming Braves/Mets/Phillies pitching stays relatively healthy, NO ONE in Florida is going to be getting very many RBIs.

hrm bartolo colon ftw? :\

edit: i keep wondering who makes these posts, dont recognize my av at first
    arak0rs comin yo! arak0rs comin!