Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offspring Unplugged

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Haha, in general, it's okay to make a new thread when the one you find is over eight years old.

Are talking specifically about an Mtv Unplugged set? Or just playing acoustic versions of songs? Because I was just thinking about a set they did SOMEWHERE in 2008 or '09...maybe in Canada...all I can remember is they played a really kickass version of "The Kids Aren't Alright" that I had never heard before. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    yep I know what are you talking about.I had downloaded all the acoustic sets back then.The also did staring at the sun and nothingtown with Greg and Pete too once. I would like to see them on an Mtv unplugged. We had this coversation in a little bbs meeting last week with Lord Gabo and Gretel..
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

That was the at WMMR Radio, August 11th 2008.

- Come Out And Play
    - Nothingtown
    - Staring at the Sun
    - The Kids Aren't Alright
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Haha, in general, it's okay to make a new thread when the one you find is over eight years old.

Are talking specifically about an Mtv Unplugged set? Or just playing acoustic versions of songs? Because I was just thinking about a set they did SOMEWHERE in 2008 or '09...maybe in Canada...all I can remember is they played a really kickass version of "The Kids Aren't Alright" that I had never heard before. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    No i dont want mtv to have anything to do with it. I just think an acoustic album would be a cool thing for the fans to hear. I like playing their songs slow on acoustic guitar. I dunno maybe im getting old but i love when bands do this. I hate remixed songs but i like mellow stripped down versions of fast punk songs
    whoah whoah woah- next offspring song

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellOCguy View Post
    No i dont want mtv to have anything to do with it. I just think an acoustic album would be a cool thing for the fans to hear. I like playing their songs slow on acoustic guitar. I dunno maybe im getting old but i love when bands do this. I hate remixed songs but i like mellow stripped down versions of fast punk songs
    It would be nice if they release like a bonus CD with acoustic songs on the next album.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

for starters, does MTV even still do Unpluggeds?

MTV stopped playing music a decade ago. its all pregnant american sluts now.

The appropriate time to do this would have been 1999, when the band was popular on MTV.

They have done a few acoustic sets for small things like radio appearances and the greatest hits dvd. personally i dont like acoustic sets. and the band's music for the most part wouldn't be compatible for that sort of set.

Are you old enough to remember when during their Australia set (maybe 10 yrs ago?) they would fake a power outage as an excuse to play Dirty Magic live. Beautiful. I have the recording if you're interested, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    That was the at WMMR Radio, August 11th 2008.

- Come Out And Play
    - Nothingtown
    - Staring at the Sun
    - The Kids Aren't Alright
    great show i have it in mp3 if anyone wants me to upload it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    Are you old enough to remember when during their Australia set (maybe 10 yrs ago?) they would fake a power outage as an excuse to play Dirty Magic live. Beautiful. I have the recording if you're interested, PM me.
    yeah that was awesome i have a mp3 where they play nothing else matters before it haha

If they were to make a acoustic recording as a full album or just video recording, it would not have be affiliated with MTV.
    Last edited by Jojan; 04-25-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    LOL!! Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    lolz, jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right

I've got a recording of this. There is this ridiculously obnoxious guy (I assume, since he is so loud, that he is the one with the recording device.) Screaming "PLAY DIRTY MAGIC! ... DIRTY MAGIC!" and so on and then he completely flips out when they actually do. I think, on the one I have, that Noodles plays the intro from Minority.

Edit: Yes, and he plays Stairway to Heaven's first couple chords.
    Last edited by _Lost_; 04-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    yeah that was awesome i have a mp3 where they play nothing else matters before it haha
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I've got a recording of this. There is this ridiculously obnoxious guy (I assume, since he is so loud, that he is the one with the recording device.) Screaming "PLAY DIRTY MAGIC! ... DIRTY MAGIC!" and so on and then he completely flips out when they actually do. I think, on the one I have, that Noodles plays the intro from Minority.

Edit: Yes, and he plays Stairway to Heaven's first couple chords.
    Hey there! I'd sure like to have those videos and MP3's if possible, I'd really appreciate it if you could share them with me

I've only heard and seen the one from Katowice (?) in Poland 2001, and Dexter's voice sounds SOOO GOOOD with all the reverberation in that hall, sounds AMAZING. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2llOEVQlUI
    Stle | Norway | (time to get back)
    joined 03-29-2008 with the account manic subsida.

http://oi37.tinypic.com/n6f3lu.jpg

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9po86s

Disclaimer: Its awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.