Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What tipe of music is most difficult to play on the guitar

Default What tipe of music is most difficult to play on the guitar

As a guitarist, I'm curious to know what tipe of music you tink is challanging on the electric guitar ?

classical...i dont know.

as a bassist, i have no idea.
    sorry for the crap post.

What music are you in to ??

depends. if very fast chord changes are hard for you, then punk will be very tough to play(ex: The Vandals, Pennywise,ect). now if you have trouble with finger work(like me) then classic rock and some metal will be very tough.
    ________
    Web shows
    Last edited by lousyskater; 09-11-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Then if I made the assumption that Heavy metal (Metallica, Megadeath ext) are more challenging than most other styles you'll agree with me. Heavy metal contains lots of fast chord changes & are know for fast solo's.

Thanks for the reply!!

I think music like Led Zeppelin this blues/rock'n'roll type o' stuff is the most challenging. Try to play Page or Clapton.

then punk will be very tough to play

what a joke, punk is by far the easiest thing to play on guitar no matter hwo skilled you are its easy as hell. everybody who can play a bit of guitar for example can pick up an offspring song in one minute.
    solos thats the hard thing, or hard songs that require fingerpicking (like private investigations- dire straits) these are difficult thins , not punk.
    evry fucking guitar player will agree with me that punk is death easy

Quote Originally Posted by Punked
    As a guitarist, I'm curious to know what tipe of music you tink is challanging on the electric guitar ?

What the crap dude, you stole my avatar??!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    You are the dumbass! Youre the dumbest fucking dumbass since the beginning of dumbasses

i disagree with you, sure some punk songs are really quick to pick up, but ur thinking inside the box, now i absolutley LOVE the offspring, but ur thinking of more like pop/punk guitaring. what about real punk songs. punk music has to do with extremely fast powercording and extremely fast noting. now think of some earlier punk songs. super fast and out of control, now i play some pop/punk guitaring but usually its old punk, so i no what im talking about. its difficult to keep up with some of the songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP
    What is this obsession with Hanson?! You chose Hanson over me when I am clearly superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer
    I just polished all of my room surfaces with Raid.

Sure, you're right ! But have you tried some Metallica songs, do yourself a favour and try songs like Through The Never, A'm I Evil, Blitzkrieg, Master Of Puppets. Pennywise & No FX are two punk bands that have some out of control palming & chord changes, but much more simle than Metallica & Megadeath ext.