Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: The official NHL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!! HABS GOAL!!!!! Like 31seconds in! game one in the bag.
    i feel guilty that philly used to be my fav team now, they got owned
    Hell yeah. Don't feel bad. Fuck the Flyers. I hope they lose in 4, the dirty pricks.
    Math is more than formulas or equations; it's logic, it's rationality, it's using your mind to solve the biggest mysteries we know.

i could see a few people, but i routinely meet people that hate the flyers or philly sports teams in general. and i just don't get it...like, why hate the city that thats fuckin' cursed and hasn't won anything in over 20 years? i mean, maybe the crowds are a little rowdy, but think about it...they have a lot to be pissed off about.

fuck those referees tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    i could see a few people, but i routinely meet people that hate the flyers or philly sports teams in general. and i just don't get it...like, why hate the city that thats fuckin' cursed and hasn't won anything in over 20 years? i mean, maybe the crowds are a little rowdy, but think about it...they have a lot to be pissed off about.

fuck those referees tonight!
    I don't hate Philly teams in general, just the Flyers. They have a reputation for being dirty, obviously, and, I don't know if you caught any of the Caps-Flyers series, but some of the shit they pulled was rediculous. They literally tackled Huet (the goalie) multiple times a game, and then preceded to hold him down, among other things. They're just fucking dirty. The fans are a class-act too. Screaming "asshole" on national televison in unison. That was lovely.
    Math is more than formulas or equations; it's logic, it's rationality, it's using your mind to solve the biggest mysteries we know.

Quote Originally Posted by EMehl6 View Post
    Hell yeah. Don't feel bad. Fuck the Flyers. I hope they lose in 4, the dirty pricks.
    good news is, the habs won every game in their season series vs philly (6).
    i only liked philly when they had Lindros, so like 7 years ago.
    then i found out they traded him
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by EMehl6 View Post
    I don't hate Philly teams in general, just the Flyers. They have a reputation for being dirty, obviously, and, I don't know if you caught any of the Caps-Flyers series, but some of the shit they pulled was rediculous. They literally tackled Huet (the goalie) multiple times a game, and then preceded to hold him down, among other things. They're just fucking dirty. The fans are a class-act too. Screaming "asshole" on national televison in unison. That was lovely.
    i really don't know what your talking about. i've never seen the flyers as a dirty team. i guess it could be because i'm a flyers fan, of course, but i'm pretty sure i don't agree with that.

i honestly don't recall huet being tackled or held down, and the one time they scored that goal, the two guys crossed paths and the flyers player just happened to get the best of it, sending the capitals player flying into his own goalie. also, who doesn't yell "asshole" at games? is that really only a philly thing?
    Last edited by bighead384; 04-24-2008 at 07:37 PM.

wait. witch way? philly or habs? im guessing philly right?
    oh c'mon. seriously. theres no normal thinking person that thinks the flyers didn't get screwed.

about philly being dirty: remember the Downy (spelling?) hit in the pre season? or his hit later in the season? he got suspended like 20 games both times

about philly being dirty: remember the Downy (spelling?) hit in the pre season? or his hit later in the season? he got suspended like 20 games both times
    you could find something like that for every team.

i really don't know what your talking about. i've never seen the flyers as a dirty team. i guess it could be because i'm a flyers fan, of course, but i'm pretty sure i don't agree with that.
    Seriously? I don't want to start anything, but does Broad Street Bullies ring a bell? And my neighbor is a huge Flyers fan, and he admits, with pride, that the Flyers are a dirty team.

i honestly don't recall Huet being tackled or held down, and the one time they scored that goal, the two guys crossed paths and the flyers player just happened to get the best of it, sending the capitals player flying into his own goalie. also, who doesn't yell "asshole" at games? is that really only a philly thing?
    Well how many games did you catch? It happened in almost all of them. Briere even layed on top of Huet after he tackled him the one time and pushed his face into the ice. And that one goal they had in the last game against the Caps, the forward checked Shaone Morrisonn into Huet, and then they scored out of it. It wasn't an accident. Dirty.

Exhibit A
    Exhibit B

you could find something like that for every team.
    yeah, but its just not as often.
    just watching the highlights from todays games you could see how much dirtier they were than everyone else.