Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: The official NHL thread

hahaha holy crap thats an awesome roster...

i try to go realistic... and have a little fun so i play with raymond, grabner, bourdon (may he rest in peace) and such...
    that may also explain why i get destroyed haha.

Usually I try to keep the roster pretty much the way it was for about the first season. Then I start to mix it up. This time, I just though "fuck it" and dropped all the good players/big salary guys to free agency. Then I had about 20 mil free until I would reach the salary cap . I tried to get the best deals I could. (would you believe I got Ribeiro for Sopel?). I remember I traded for Elias initially, but he couldn't win face offs for shit, and even after I edited my lines, it would put him back to center. So I traded him for Lecavalier. i also had Chris Drury at one point, but traded him for Marleau.

(PS RIP Luc Bourdon)
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    Usually I try to keep the roster pretty much the way it was for about the first season. Then I start to mix it up. This time, I just though "fuck it" and dropped all the good players/big salary guys to free agency. Then I had about 20 mil free until I would reach the salary cap . I tried to get the best deals I could. (would you believe I got Ribeiro for Sopel?). I remember I traded for Elias initially, but he couldn't win face offs for shit, and even after I edited my lines, it would put him back to center. So I traded him for Lecavalier. i also had Chris Drury at one point, but traded him for Marleau.

(PS RIP Luc Bourdon)
    hahaha Ribeiro for Sopel? the man who got injured by a cracker?! lol...
    thats a pretty good deal. I don't get NHL 08 - and the recent ones - its like they've done what they could to make some of the deals realistic, then others are really bizarre. I haven't tried but I've thought about going back a couple games and seeing what would happen if i tried to trade Bert, Allen, and a pick for Luongo and Krajicek and see if it would accept it... i'm willing to bet it wouldn't.

Yeah it's a weird system. I had one dynasty where I had a pretty realistic trade - Naslund and a first round pick for Sakic.

I remember a crazy trade I hade in NHL 01. It was like... Cassels, Brashear, and Morrison for Lindros and Leclair, or something.

Are we going to talk about the real NHL or just about bizarre NHL 08 trades? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Are we going to talk about the real NHL or just about bizarre NHL 08 trades? Haha.
    haha i'm down to come back to real nhl talk... but my team isn't doing anything... and at the moment neither is anyone else...

who's your team? (alberta though so i doubt i'll like the answer either way)

Yeah ain't much to report on in the real NHL, so we may as well fantasize about how we wish our team had the same roster as we do in th game.

And, for real!? I was playing NHL 08 a second ago, and I saw Bernier (playing SJ), and I remembered our little discussion about his cheap goals in the game. I realized "I haven't let him even have the puck int my end yet' (mid 2nd period).
    Then It says I have a delayed penalty, so I think "I better get the puck fast". But what happens? Their guy goes into the corner, passes in front of the net, and who is it but BERNIER who scores! Holy Shit! We were so right!

Afterwards, I got pissed and made the worst trade ever - Sanford, Ribeiro, and my created player for Nabokov. At least they'll be relatively easy to beat next time, plus now I have Luongo and Nabokov.

Then I traded Marleau and Pettinger for Sakic. That's an ok trade though.

^ freakin bernier...

and marleau + for sakic isn't too bad a deal, aside from the realistic
    end where sakic doesn't seem to want to leave denver...

on to real news (since things actually happened today)

jeff o'neil is invited to camp with the hurricanes. Hope he makes it and they have to trade a forward... hello cole/williams... I'd gladly give up a bieksa for that...

and numminen staying with the sabres. (tyler bouck signs with them too!)

The canucks quiet as usual... but... I guess I'll take another way of making it into the playoffs...

we cant get better let other teams get worse...

preds lose radulov to russia and hlavac to sweden haha.

Apparently, my favourite NHL team is where Marian Hossa goes. So now it's Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by hshduppsnt View Post
    jeff o'neil is invited to camp with the hurricanes. Hope he makes it and they have to trade a forward... hello cole/williams... I'd gladly give up a bieksa for that...
    I hope he makes it too. That would be really good.

I made a new profile in NHL 08, and I tried to make realistic trades. I don't remember any of them though. Then I remember I had heard about some guy who had started out with a paper clip, and trade shit up until he got a house. So I wanted to see what the best player I could get was by starting out with a shitty player. So I started out with Pyatt, and I ended up with Sundin. I am a legend